Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Cricket World Cup

Re: 2011 Cricket World Cup

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    And Satay, please tell me you ARE hoping for the RIGHT team here.

Aum Namasivaya
    Of course, you know it! Go Canada!
    satay

Namaste,

Someday the USA will make it. But for now it's just baseball in this country

India is my team, but if they don't win then I'm going for the West Indies. Go Chanderpaul! Great player and a Guyanese native!!

Jai Sri Ram

Vannakkam: I just figured out why this place seems inactive. England and India are having the match of the century at this very moment. At lest half of HDF is watching.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

What a great match! I slept through a little, but still caught most of it. Definitely the most exciting cricket match I've ever seen, not that I've seen that many. I really thought India would have held on for the win, but those three sixes and 28 runs in the final two overs were disappointing. Another brilliant performance for Tendulkar, but Strauss outdid him for the Brits.

Jai Sri Ram

namaste,
    I watched the Indian innings and went to bed at 7 am thinking okay england can't catch up this score. I will wake up to read the news India won but what the heck...

I missed the England innings...What happened with Ian Bell's out decision? He was out but umpires decided he wasn't even when the review system said that he was out? what kind of nonsense is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste,

What a great match! I slept through a little, but still caught most of it. Definitely the most exciting cricket match I've ever seen, not that I've seen that many. I really thought India would have held on for the win, but those three sixes and 28 runs in the final two overs were disappointing. Another brilliant performance for Tendulkar, but Strauss outdid him for the Brits.

Jai Sri Ram
    satay

namaste,

Vannakkam: I just figured out why this place seems inactive. England and India are having the match of the century at this very moment. At lest half of HDF is watching.

Aum Namasivaya
    I was watching the match and also on HDF at the same time doing some administration.
    satay

Vannakkam: What fans won't do when the game is on! My grade 8,9 teacher shut down classes for us back in the days when the World Series was held in the afternoons. My cousin and I REALLY appreciated for two reasons: We loved baseball AND there was no school. The rest of my classmates just pretended to like baseball.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Satayji,

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,
    I watched the Indian innings and went to bed at 7 am thinking okay england can't catch up this score. I will wake up to read the news India won but what the heck...

I missed the England innings...What happened with Ian Bell's out decision? He was out but umpires decided he wasn't even when the review system said that he was out? what kind of nonsense is that?
    It was complete garbage, but apparently the rule is that since he advanced more that 2.5 meters down from the wicket, they can't go by what the replay technology says since its "inconclusive"

He only had 17 when that happened also, so it could have saved over 50 runs..

Jai Sri Ram

Namaste Eastern Mindji,

back in the days when the World Series was held in the afternoons
    Wow! You are old!!

Jai Sri Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste Satayji,

It was complete garbage, but apparently the rule is that since he advanced more that 2.5 meters down from the wicket, they can't go by what the replay technology says since its "inconclusive"

He only had 17 when that happened also, so it could have saved over 50 runs..

Jai Sri Ram
    This looks like some sort of setup don't you think? Looks like someone put a lot of money in their mouth and came up with this stupid decision. I am surprised the crowd didn't have a riot over it.
    satay

Thread Information