Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Cricket World Cup

Re: 2011 Cricket World Cup

namaste Eastern,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: What fans won't do when the game is on! My grade 8,9 teacher shut down classes for us back in the days when the World Series was held in the afternoons. My cousin and I REALLY appreciated for two reasons: We loved baseball AND there was no school. The rest of my classmates just pretended to like baseball.

Aum Namasivaya
    I remember when I was in school growing up in India, I didn't like cricket much and couldn't understand what the craze was about. On match days, even the principal was off or if there in school he would have a little transistor radio hidden in the drawer of his desk listening to the cricket commentary on radio. Most teachers didn't bother teaching aside from the ones that disliked cricket because their own children were spoiled by it. Some teachers considered it a 'slow poison' for the young minds. I don't know about slow poison but I conisdered it a complete waste of time for a student but that was when I was a student. Now, I don't have to worry about that so enjoy the game...
    Last edited by satay; 27 February 2011 at 06:19 PM.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    This looks like some sort of setup don't you think? Looks like someone put a lot of money in their mouth and came up with this stupid decision. I am surprised the crowd didn't have a riot over it.
    Yeah, I mean even Bell himself thought he was out and started walking off. At first it looked like they were about to start a riot!

Jai Sri Ram

Vannkkam: The cricket song.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vPO0...feature=relmfu

Not only that, but this comedian is very funny. (At least I thought so.)

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste all,

I don't think there were any surprises with the teams that have been eliminated so far. Now only the big boys are left!

Jai Sri Ram

I'm quite disappointed with how the Indian team is doing so far. Apart from the match against Bangladesh, it was surprising how the batting lineup completely collapsed in the last 10-15 overs of every match so far. I guess it's a safe bet they would've been trounced by West Indies as well, had it not been for Yuvraj and Zaheer. Not sure what's gonna happen on Thursday, unless they really work hard to rectify what's going wrong.

Namaste,

Another great match between India and Australia. I was able to catch the last few Australian overs and the last half of India batting. They really picked it up at the end. I was worried when Gambhir screwed up and got run out, but Yuvraj did great and Raina did really well also. Really looking forward to playing Pakistan now!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    Apart from the match against Bangladesh, it was surprising how the batting lineup completely collapsed in the last 10-15 overs of every match so far.
    They definitely didn't collapse today!

Jai Sri Ram

Thumbs Up Re: 2011 Cricket World Cup

Yup, I think this was by far India's most effective performance on field, all around. Great bowling, great fielding, really sensible batting towards the end. Props to Yuvraj again; he's been getting the team out of sticky situations throughout the tournament. The Australian players also deserve credit for their dedication and effort. Can't wait for THE match against Pakistan on Wednesday!

Well done India.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2603&dateline=1299563544

Not all those who wander are lost

Congratulations Team India!
    On to the finals now!!
    Good Luck!!!

Namaste,

It was a great match. I had to go to class with about 20 overs remaining and Pakistan's RR a little over 8, so it really could have gone either way at that point, but I had a feeling India would hold on. I hope they beat Sri Lanka in the championship!

Jai Sri Ram

Thread Information