Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christian Hate

Re: Christian Hate

I believe Christianity, as Christians understand it now is nothing what Jesus taught.

If you read the Gospel of Thomas and many "gnostic" and "heretical" texts you will realize that what is said in those texts match very closely to what Vedanta teaches. My opinion on this Jesus dude isn't entirely formulated yet but my opinion on Christians is thus.

About 50% of them don't give a darn about much Christianity related and are Christian in name only. About 20% are non-bible thumpers yet devout Christians devoted to Jesus and treating others as they want to be treated. These are usually either on the liberal protestant side or on the Oriental Orthodox side. And I think the last 30% are the ones that cause all the problems that we associate with Christianity. I believe that those who shout the loudest are the stereotype for the whole. In the same way that certain radical ultra nationalist Hindus represent Sanatana Dharma except those represent probably only 5% or less of all Hindu adherents

Quote Originally Posted by zonemonk88 View Post
    I pretty much agree with most of your post, but the part I quoted is a pretty absurd statement. The racist diatribe of the KKK is hardly a proper example of christianity.

People in organizations like the KKK may claim to be christians, but they have in fact perverted the teachings of jesus christ and are not true christians in word or deed.

Just because a percentage of CINOs (christians in name only) have racist veiws does not mean all christians are racist, and by insinuating that christianity and racism are

closely intertwined, you are engaging in pure fabrication. You should try to avoid painting with such a broad brush.
    I'm not saying that all Christians are White Supremacists...but the majority of White Supremacism is based on Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    I'm not saying that all Christians are White Supremacists...but the majority of White Supremacism is based on Christianity.

The reason why I think this is true because for the longest time Christianity was believed to "born" in Rome with Peter vs. Magus which I find utterly preposterous as "Christianity" wasn't invented until Constantine LITERALLY pulled random gospels and decreed that they were the official ones and all others and their practitioners would be burned at the stake in the same way Christians claim they were being treated before that.

I think its some pseudo-Roman nostalgia that caused all the Ethnic centrism.

And maybe a image like this contributed as well.

Last edited by TheOne; 07 March 2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    The reason why I think this is true because for the longest time Christianity was believed to "born" in Rome with Peter vs. Magus which I find utterly preposterous as "Christianity" wasn't invented until Constantine LITERALLY pulled random gospels and decreed that they were the official ones and all others and their practitioners would be burned at the stake in the same way Christians claim they were being treated before that.
    Don't even get me started on early Christian history. More Christians were killed...by fellow Christians...because they weren't the "right" kind of Christians...during the first few centuries of the Christian Roman Empire, than all of the "martyrs" of the entire "Pagan" Empire combined. Again, to quote Julian II: "[N]o wild beasts are such enemies to mankind as are most Christians in their deadly hatred of one another."

And for the record, the main theological debate between the Christians that caused all this bloodshed...all these murders? It was a debate between whether "Jesus" was made of "God," or just made of the same "stuff" as "God."

Yeah. They killed people over that argument.

And for the record, the main theological debate between the Christians that caused all this bloodshed...all these murders? It was a debate between whether "Jesus" was made of "God," or just made of the same "stuff" as "God."

Yeah, I've known about that Nicene debate for quite awhile. But it is really funny when you think about it for a second.

Christian debate is just silly in general, have you heard of the debate on how many angels can sit on the pin of a needle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Christian debate is just silly in general, have you heard of the debate on how many angels can sit on the pin of a needle?
    Wow, I always thought that was just a figure of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    a miniscule number of americans are at least calling a spade a spade, nothing wrong with that...
    ‘’ Hindus in Pakistan are watching helplessly as ancient temples turn into ruins due to the apathy of authorities, reports Tahir Ali from Islamabad. Despite being the second largest ethnic majority in the country, Hindus in Pakistan have been unable to acquire possession of their religious places, agricultural land and other commercial areas. Due to lack of government action, most sacred sites for Hindus are in a dilapidated condition; the rest have been converted into schools, hotels or business centres.’’
    http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/slide-show-1-paks-hindu-temples-turned-into-picnic-spots-hotels/20110224.htm

This is the typical punishment meted out to minorities in literally EVERY MUSLIM MAJORITY LAND. International community cannot speak out, because it may be misconstrued as an act of religious fundamentalism. Whereas muslims across the globe make violent protests demanding ‘justice for muslims’.
    We cannot ignore the obvious contrast here, the so called moderate and tolerant muslims in those lands have a responsibility to come out in the open in support of the minority faiths. That attitudes alas we haven’t witnessed so far. But then it is an irony muslims in nonmuslim lands write articles, arrange talks, send delegations etc on preaching tolerance aiming at the already tolerant hindu, buddhist, Christian majority. Its almost very rare to see any attempts to educate their coreligionists urging minority safety. Brutal oppression with callous apathy is the norm. Muslims thrive in nonmuslim lands, as a rule the nonmuslims uniformly languish in poverty and persecution .

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    Don't even get me started on early Christian history. More Christians were killed...by fellow Christians...because they weren't the "right" kind of Christians...during the first few centuries of the Christian Roman Empire, than all of the "martyrs" of the entire "Pagan" Empire combined. Again, to quote Julian II: "[N]o wild beasts are such enemies to mankind as are most Christians in their deadly hatred of one another."

Yeah. They killed people over that argument.
    He's right. The formation of the Christian Church was just as bloody as what transpired after Muhammad's death.

The year 325 is significant as it was then that the Roman Emperor had the Bishops sit down at Nicere to thrash out their differences. What the Bishops had not reckoned with was that that Constantine thought he had won in battle as result of the intervention of Jesus so the Bishops were cornered - Jesus had to be made God for Constantine's sake.

Now all they had to do was to work out why God would want to become human. This was made even more difficult because Jesus had not actually seen himself as God. Thus, could God be unaware that he was God? It was a difficult issue which did not go away until the Second Council of Constantinople (Emperor Theodosius 1) which was called to settle the agenda of the Council of Chalcedon, which had been called to settle .... you get the picture.

All this resulted in the church moving from being the persecuted to being the persecutors. Christianity is therefore a religion constructed by politicians for political ends.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2603&dateline=1299563544

Not all those who wander are lost

Thread Information