Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cessation of waves. All waves?

Light The cessation of waves. All waves?

Patanjali says:
    yogas citta vrtti nirodhah
    One of its translations is "Yoga is the cessation of mental waves". It is also known in Hinduism that the chakras all possess different colors and relate to different planes of existence (better observed here: https://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s-chakras.pdf).

But one thing gets me curious. I've heard before, and it was also stated by Eastern Mind in this forum, that people who have the ability to perceive the colors of people's auras, see that self-realized souls usually emmit a deep violet / purple glow. That's the mystic observation.

When we cross this mystic observation with the scientific observation of frequency and wavelengths of colors, we see that the slowest and longest vibration (perhaps a clear representation of tamas) is perceived to our eyes as red. Red is also the color attributed (I'm not sure if it is so by Hinduism, or it's more of a modern afterthoguth, please enlighten me) to the muladhara chakra, the lowest chakra above the spine.

So, the progression of a person through self-realization equals to the progression of the vibration emitted by this person to the material world. The more realized, the higher the frequency and smaller the wavelengths. Therefore, the perceived deep violet glow for those who are advanced enough to see beyond matter.

However, something works in reverse proportion in this matter. If Yoga is the cessation of waves, why is this person becoming more active vibration-wise? I can only suspect that it is because they are closer to a higher truth, to a constant flow of vibration and therefore conscience (notice the next time you hit your thumb or head how pain flows in waves, very spaced ones, since they are tamasic), pure sattva.

And why not white? Perhaps this inate capability is reserved to the Sun (also called saptasva - seven rays or horses), which some people consider as a mere reflection of the brahma-jyoti.

What do you guys think?

PS: Please correct me in anything I could have said wrong.

Sources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_spectrum
    http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part10/chap4.htm
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...42&postcount=2
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 22 March 2011 at 12:04 AM.

Re: The cessation of waves. All waves?

Nice food for thought, Pietro !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namastщ PI,

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post

What do you guys think?
    Have we accounted for all the vibrations? Visible light is a small portion of the spectrum, no?

praām
    рдпрддрд╕реНрддреНрд╡рдВ рд╢рд┐рд╡рд╕рдореЛрд╜рд╕рд┐
    yatastvaс╣Б ┼Ыivasamo'si
    because you are identical with ┼Ыiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté PI,

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Patanjali says:

If Yoga is the cessation of waves, why is this person becoming more active vibration-wise?
    What if that wave was perfect... that is, the perfect unstruct vibration that had no beginning or end. To us it may look like this:

The wave is perfect...

praām
    рдпрддрд╕реНрддреНрд╡рдВ рд╢рд┐рд╡рд╕рдореЛрд╜рд╕рд┐
    yatastvaс╣Б ┼Ыivasamo'si
    because you are identical with ┼Ыiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    What if that wave was perfect... that is, the perfect unstruct vibration that had no beginning or end. To us it may look like this:

However, this makes a little bit clearer to me the example of brahman and atman as water and a drop on water.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté PI,

Have we accounted for all the vibrations? Visible light is a small portion of the spectrum, no?

praām
    Yajvan, I'm not sure what do you mean, but you sparkled inside my head a pretty crazy idea. Here it is:

What if one of the reasons the devas and higher beings can't manifest themselves to us in Kali yuga is because we are on a very long slow (tamasic) vibration and if they actually did we would suffer materially from it, like we were being exposed to radiation. At least we would attain a nice new birth after the decay of this tamasic body.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 06 March 2011 at 09:13 AM.

namaste everyone.

Since there is bound to be planes beyond the physical plane in the dualistic manifestation in creation, there must be vibrations in those planes whose frequencies are much and far above those in the physical plane. For example, the concept of though waves--thoughts propagating in the form of waves to create effects--is a popular concept of spirituality and is much investigated by science. Some interesting links:

Seven States of Matter - Everything is Mind
    http://www.mindreality.com/seven-sta...ything-is-mind

Thought Waves
    http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekPMI2.html

search:
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Noetic Sciences: Science or Spirituality?
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4725

Theosophy has built up a model of the astral and mental planes. You might find related and interesting information in these books which you can read here: http://www.anandgholap.net/index.html

Astral Plane
    Chakras
    Devachanic Plane
    Hidden Side of Things
    Invisible Helpers
    Science of the Sacrements

Incidentally, the discussions of our gurujis in the Himalayan Academy Website discussing astral colors that relate to emotions and vibrations in higher plances, IMO, are based on what you would find in the above and other books of Theosophy, which in turn is based on Hinduism and Buddhism.
    Last edited by saidevo; 06 March 2011 at 08:54 AM.
    рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Seven States of Matter - Everything is Mind
    http://www.mindreality.com/seven-sta...ything-is-mind
    Excellent link, Saidevo ! Thank you.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Vannakkam: In my opinion, colors of sounds and vibrations are usually verified independently by mystics. They can also be regurgitated from books. But since the inner truth would be the same, the colours of auras and the like are seen the same way by each of those who can see such things.

Aum Namasivaya

namaste EM.

This is with reference to your observations in post no.8.

I find at Kauai Aadheenam, a pleasant and agreeable mix of the Indian and Western culture. This culture is reflected in almost everything there, as can be seen from their Website. From the variety in dress to the furniture and the modern electronic devices--everything is oriented towards the sAnnidhyam--divine presence, in their temple which is a classical and wonderful structure and the Ashram that reminds the peaceful surroundings at RiShikesh. One can also notice that they use both the names--church and Aadheenam.

Therefore I presumed that the people there who do study and research should be aware of the spiritual investigations of Theosophy. I have no doubt that the mystics there would have independently verified what obtains in the astral and mental planes. The reason I related them in post no.6 is just to mention that these facts have earlier been mentioned in Theosophy, which as I said, is in turn based on the teachings of HInduism and Buddhism.

So far as I can find, I am not aware of any Hindu texts that talk about astral and mental planes, auras, colors and vibrations with such details. One reason could be that our religion prescribes that the spiriual powers that accrue a seeker should not be wasted on such investigation as they would be a hindrance to the sAdhaka. It would be helpful if Yajvan or any other member who have come across this subject of other worlds in Hindu classical texts could give references. In fact I am glad that by the mystical investigations and teachings at the Himalayan Academy, knowledge about the bhuva--astral, and suva--mental, worlds have a Hindu sanction in modern times.
    рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Pietro, this is a very wonderful thread!

There have been a few instances during and after my mother's death which makes me think they (Devas and other Goodly Beings) could be here, but are on such a high vibrational level...that they simply are unable to be seen with faulty human eyes.

When I was in physics, I had this wonderful professor with a glass eye...he spoke so much like Carl Sagan...they could have been brothers. He would often speak to us about the fact that we are not here but actually pulsing at a certain frequency. Then he speculated that others could be standing right where we were...if they had a lower or higher rate of pulsation/vibration.

Now, this was many years ago...but since, I have witnessed so many beings dying and know that something here is moving amongst us...it may explain why we don't see more of them. Maybe...that satvic diets, meditation, mantras...all of these things take us to higher vibrations? Which is why they are truly the way up?

Which would explain why Saints and Sages can see them, and ones such as myself with limited abilities, only see them on days when such vibrations are prevalent or when our practices become very focused.

Thread Information