Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Silly things meat eaters say

Re: Silly things meat eaters say

Namaste all,

I saw this somewhere online recently, I think on Facebook, and it just might be one of the most illogically foolish things I have ever heard. The person was trying to show how eating flesh is actually good for the environment:

"Meat eaters get rid of methane-producing animals while vegetarians destroy oxygen-producing plants.".....therefore meat-eating is better for the environment than vegetarianism.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Hi all,

I was a non-vegetarian. Later, I was introduced to spirituality and that's when it seemed like vegetarian food was better to my body and mind. Its safe to be vegetarian if you are a sadhak. Of course, Non vegetarian is delicious but the fact that you eat animals is ugly and takes away that beauty within you. Non-vegetarian food should be strictly avoided if one is on a spiritual path.

Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    [COLOR="Red"]
    How one can stoop down to such extent?
    Probably he got inspired reading this silly thread and wanted to do something silly himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w
    Last edited by sm78; 17 February 2012 at 11:50 AM.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namaste,

Sahas, you would agree (I hope) that things like that are not something pleasant to talk about and it is far better to gloss over them, rather than bring them out and spend lot of time discussing them. I am not sure why overlooking it bothers you. Even if all this is documented and part of shastras, do you really want all of us to be laughed at by bringing out 'oddities' in the scriptures and thereby devalue everything pristine in them? I don't know what kind of numbskull put it in there originally, or inserted it at a later date. The bottom line is that this is something sick that should be better left untouched. When someone starts stirring a pile of poop with a stick, the only thing you get is stink all around. What constructive purpose does it serve to talk about sex between humans and a horse. Just the idea is repulsive, even if it is part of the highest and most ancient shashtra. Do you want to be the one to publicize it and may be recommend that it be tried in the present day too? I know you care so much about Hinduism. Why this fascination with something so stupid, that it is better to leave it buried or expunge it from the books. That will not reduce the value/significance of the shastras. I am just amazed that a caring and smart person like you wants to preserve every facet of a shastra, even if it was the most ridiculous thing that mankind can think of. Please think about it and let go of this attachment to being a puritan by adopting everything in a 'book'.

To draw a parallel, if I may, was the time when the then Indian Prime Minister Morarji Desai gave an interview to a prominent US newsman, talked about drinking his urine every morning, and suggested that the newsman (and by implication all of us) try that too. I did not go to work for a week after that interview was aired. You want a repeat of that? I am at a loss to understand the fascination with clinging to something like a horse-human conjugation? If the reformists or the Gita press did something to bury it or expunge it, I have nothing but respect for their efforts in getting the garbage out of the sacred books. Please rethink about it with a cool head.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 20 February 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Admin Note

Thread under review.
    satay

Thread Information