Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Silly things meat eaters say

Re: Silly things meat eaters say

Pranam

Wow beliver ji
    It beggars belief, That leaves nothing else to say but then i thought is it about calling one self a Hindu or is it about following Dharma?

choices are ours to make, in what direction are we heading? Gita says;

sattvat sanjayate jnanam
    rajaso lobha eva ca

pramada-mohau tamaso

bhavato 'jnanam eva ca

Knowledge arises from Sattva; desires arise from Rajas; and negligence, delusion, and ignorance arise from Tamas. (14.17)

urdhvam gacchanti sattva-stha
    madhye tisthanti rajasah

jaghanya-guna-vrtti-stha

adho gacchanti tamasah

Those situated in the mode of goodness gradually go upward to the higher planets; those in the mode of passion live on the earthly planets; and those in the mode of ignorance go down to the hellish worlds.(18)

Does it make any difference what we call ourselves? perhaps yes but what matters most is what direction are we heading?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by PrahaladB View Post
    Hi I respect the rights of vegetarians to consider meat unclean, sinful, etc. But can someone tell me why there are several threads like this one bashing non vegetarian Hindu's? This is not the first Hindu forum I've come across that is used to bash non vegetarian Hindus.

On one hand Hindus say it's a good thing that there is such a variety in SD/India, but on the other hand the practice of eating non-veg is condemed/ridiculed. Which is silly considering there are entire Hindu communities that eat non-veg.
    Vannakkam PrahaladB: Bashing? I don't view it as bashing to point out that people say silly things. Little kids say silly things. The opposite sides of political spectra say silly things about the other side. Oil magnates say without a hint of doubt: "There is no such thing as global warming." I view that as silly.

Most of my Hindu friends (with the exception of very close people within my particular sampradaya) are indeed meat eaters. I have no problem with them, nor them with me. We kid each other, none of it very seriously. If I were serious, I suppose I'd refuse to enter a temple where they had been or some silly thing like that.

So I'm not sure where you get this 'bashing' thing from. I consider it a pretty extreme term. Examples are the vile language some right wing Christians might say against Hindus in general.

But just to put forth your version of a decision you've made regarding lifestyle, particularly diet, isn't bashing. What's next, when someone says, "I'm a vegetarian," it's called bashing?

Aum Namasivaya

In other words it is acceptable to bash meat eaters using mumbo jumbo excuses i.e. 'meat eating is sinfull/bad karma'.

Thanks for clarifying my suspicions that this site is for vegetarian Hindus only.

Smile Re: Silly things meat eaters say

Someone said to me the other week that vegetables feel the pain of being pulled from the ground, but cannot speak to us....

Quote Originally Posted by Lajila View Post
    Someone said to me the other week that vegetables feel the pain of being pulled from the ground, but cannot speak to us....
    Lol that reminds me of secret life of plants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRlu...e_gdata_player
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

I never came here, because I felt it silly...but perhaps this would have been the reason to come. This thread takes a stance as an older child poking fun at a younger child.

My two children...

Conversation from August 2011-

Younger child: "It's going to SNOW!!! YESSSSSS!!!"
    Older child: "UGH! No it's NOT! You are SO dumb! EVERYONE knows it can't snow until SEPTEMBER!!" (Uhm not in Ky)

No matter how much you know, I just never think you have enough to sit back and poke fun at another...talk long enough and you will say something right...talk longer and you will say something wrong.

You know what the silliest thing I heard someone ever say?

A vegan once told me that she didn't eat meat because..."she didn't eat anything with a face".

So her whole belief was, that if it looked like her...she would validate its existence, it could live.

Without this vessel we exist...so it is clear to me we do not need one to manifest. Some of my best friend have been trees...

But, I simply do not know which things here do and do not have enough of Beloved to Know...or know they don't know...or simply do not know.

As a portion which is still very ignorant I can not see clear enough to decypher the code of this secret, yet.

At my father's deathbed I was told to talk to him...despite his state...of course I had been all night. At one point I said..."hi it's me lanie" and you know what happened?? He said..."I know" and I said "I love you and he said "I love you". This man who sat silent for hours...had been there listening.

All I can say is...

Be kind...to every living thing.

Even the things which do not act, look or seem as you.

You never know who is listening.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 03 January 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Vannakkam: This was a pretty smart carrot if you ask me.
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=ring+o...:0&tx=69&ty=44

Just last week I was watching a show about variety of DNA. We don't just have DNA, but it comes within each species as variations. The scientists doing the research assumed creatures with greater intelligence would have a greater number of varieties of DNA. They were surprised when this assumption proved false. a simple cob of corn has more variations in it's DNA and cell structure than a human.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Lajila View Post
    from my understanding, they do feel pain though not severe as animals.

"Its impossible to live on native british plants"

"Its impossible to live on native british plants"

I'm not sure if that's even true, but the person saying it was eating chicken and chips at the time (chickens originated in India and potatoes in South America)

http://voi.org/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=53

A supposedly learner and speaker on Vedic knowledge Dr Radhesyama brahmachari.educated in Ramakrishna mission is preaching the Beef eating practice in vedas.

How one can stoop down to such extent?
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Thread Information