Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly things meat eaters say

Re: Silly things meat eaters say

Vannakkam:

I resign the post of father. (Old fart is acceptable.) Thank goodness for a few others on here, some even older than me, so I don't feel so lonely.

Back to the topic.

But its not alive now.
    If I don't eat it, someone else will.

From my daughter: "My doctor said that you cannot physically live without meat, so you're lying." This was deadly serious in a crowd of 20 people.

Aum Namasivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Yet, śrī nisargadatta maharāj , a realized being ate meat and smoked.
    How can this be? The realized are beyond our comprehension to really know.

Now does this suggest we too should follow these habits? Absolutely not. Yet How the Supreme works is beyond our abilities to know in full or in part.

praṇām

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Pranam all

Correct me if i am wrong, doesn't the Christians say animals have no soul to circumvent the commandment thou shell not kill.

And Jehovah Witness people when i asked them on the doorstep, why they don't allow blood transfusion when they happily eat meat. answer was that all the blood is drained from the killed animals, strange that i thought, is it possible to drain all the blood?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam all

Correct me if i am wrong, doesn't the Christians say animals have no soul to circumvent the commandment thou shell not kill.

And Jehovah Witness people when i asked them on the doorstep, why they don't allow blood transfusion when they happily eat meat. answer was that all the blood is drained from the killed animals, strange that i thought, is it possible to drain all the blood?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Ignorance can be very convenient sometimes.

Heh, just the other day in my office, I mentioned to our IT guy how I don't eat meat. His response, "I don't like people telling me what I can and can't eat."

To his credit though, he calmed down when I explained that it's because I'm a Hindu, and not one of those militant PETA vegetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam:

I resign the post of father. (Old fart is acceptable.) Thank goodness for a few others on here, some even older than me, so I don't feel so lonely.
    But if you resign, how's my actual father going to keep me under control from 200 miles away? This whole business of only getting to lecture me once or twice a month hasn't gone over well for the past eight years.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post

But if you resign, how's my actual father going to keep me under control from 200 miles away? This whole business of only getting to lecture me once or twice a month hasn't gone over well for the past eight years.
    Vannakkam: But you already know what your father would say. You don't even have to ask or be in his presence. Just look in a mirror, and think, "Now what would my father say?" It could lead to some internal conflicts for sure.
    At least it would for me because although I trusted him explicitly on certain ethical questions, there were other things like belief in God that we had quite the differences.

Aum Namasivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Q: Do you eat meat?
    A: Nope, none at all... just fish.

This is like saying:

Q: Do you drink alcohol?
    A: Nope, none at all - just Gin.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste all,

I once read somewhere on the internet something like: "India wouldn't have a hunger problem if they just ate all the cows there instead of letting them roam the streets and live peacefully."

I also once got into an online debate with a few of my friends over meat-eating. There were some ridiculous things said, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just the usual things like "Humans need to eat meat in order to get protein."

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Q: Do you eat meat?
    A: Nope, none at all... just fish.

This is like saying:

Q: Do you drink alcohol?
    A: Nope, none at all - just Gin.
    That's a great analogy. I know a lady who told me she's a "vegetarian" since she likes animals and doesn't want them to be killed just so we can eat them. But then she said she eats fish...because fish don't feel pain...and sushi tastes too good

Jai Sri Ram

Namaste,

Had to include this little gem I found the other day in the newspaper: "If animals were not meant to be eaten, why are they made of meat?" Given the nature of the newspaper, I honestly couldn't tell if the comment was meant to be ironic. And yes, that whole protein argument is one of the forerunner points any meat eater will always bring up in these kind of debates.

That's a great analogy. I know a lady who told me she's a "vegetarian" since she likes animals and doesn't want them to be killed just so we can eat them. But then she said she eats fish...because fish don't feel pain...and sushi tastes too good
    Haha... wow, that's ignorant. Although I will admit that I only stopped eating fish last year *nervous laughter*. But it's strange to come across someone who won't eat a particular type of meat (like rabbit, for instance) because the animal is "cute", but who will gladly wolf down a steak or pork chops. I didn't know there was an objective measure for adorability. Frankly, I'd like to see how many people would willingly slaughter a cow if they had raised it with their own hands from its birth. I get the feeling not many would.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

I have came across so many colleges and friends particularly northern India who ask me take alcohol. when i say i am pure vegan,they says with surprise and amusement that "we belongs to pure vegetarian family too,but whats wrong with Alcohol."

peoples just takes alcohol as another cold drinks. i can say these carpet habits are like fashion trends.

Thread Information