Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you think what is bhakti (Devotion) ?

Re: What do you think what is bhakti (Devotion) ?

Namaste jaswantji
    There is no imagination of the form of god and that is the vishvadarshanroop .
    you will find in veda the offerings as somras etc indicating the human form is prayed , also for rudra to come in the form of human , laxmi being the wife of vishnu and many devas having wives etc etc.
    This was simplified in sri bhagvatam to worship in human form and lastly in pindi or lingam form as a symbolic puja.
    After this nine methods were described for puja or upasana for the concentration as the first step as parabhakti to finally achieve the dhyanyog or meditation leading to ananyabhakti .
    Sri Bhagavaan Uvaacha:
    Mayyaaveshya mano ye maam nityayuktaa upaasate;
    Shraddhayaa parayopetaaste me yuktatamaa mataah.
    The Blessed Lord said:
    Those who, fixing their minds on Me, worship Me, ever steadfast and endowed with
    supreme faith, these are the best in Yoga in My opinion...2/12 gita

Re: What do you think what is bhakti (Devotion) ?

Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    Pranam all, i disagree with the view that in path of devotion,we do bhakti without being paid

because here also we get remuneration ,but in different form.like bliss,happiness,the peace,the emotions etc. still advanced state one gets different divine vision,other divine experiences which are far far higher experience that any worldly gain.

These are essential to grow ahead in spiritual path. and beloved God knowingly gives this intermittently to increase the faith,and love of the devotee.sometime you will get such experience,then suddenly it will not come.that time devotee becomes desperate and try to get that experience regular.slowly higher and higher experience comes this way.so these GIFTS are form of encouragement to move ahead in initial path.
    without these,one gets dissapointed,loose faith and fall from the path.

But yes in the highest devotion...Raganuga bhakti,a stage reaches where the bhakti becomes KEBALA(without any reason) or PARABHAKTI.here the actual test of bhakti starts. the more devoted one is.more test comes in his path.so no gain,only pain

Gopi bhava is not a smaller thing,it needs lions heart and totally putting one into fire. nobody can reach there without that tragic worldly tests.but these tests are to purify us,to take us to next level.
    Wonderful Anirvan,
    Your post made my visit to this thread worthwhile, it was like visiting myself through your post.

God Bless
    Ekoham

Thread Information