Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think what is bhakti (Devotion) ?

Re: What do you think what is bhakti (Devotion) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Bhakti is an essential step on the path to self-realisation. Many of us can't sit still for 5 seconds, let alone 20 days or years in a cave to go in and realise our identity with Brahman, the ultimate Vedanta. So we need bhakti
    Eastren mind, Than what about "Bhagat-Pharlad" s/o king "Harnakash", he was self realised in very small age, he never escaped in caves for doing bhakti,

What about "Meera bhai" through out her life she was a house-wife, than how she reaslised "God" ? tell me..

8th Guru of sikhs "Guru Harkrishan" was god realised at the age of thirteen, how he did...?

Eastren mind, I think we all are in wrong bhakties, we all are the bhakts (Devotees) of maya (money), not god.

_/\_Jasdir.
    "Everything is he, he is for Everyone, So to whom we can say.... is worse, As there is nothing other than Him." -Guru Nanak.

Jasdir, I'm not sure I follow you. Don't you believe in the principle of reincarnation? I'm sure people who are self-realized at early age and/or without much apparent effort are collecting the fruits of past activities.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdir View Post
    Eastren mind, Than what about "Bhagat-Pharlad" s/o king "Harnakash", he was self realised in very small age, he never escaped in caves for doing bhakti,

What about "Meera bhai" through out her life she was a house-wife, than how she reaslised "God" ? tell me..

8th Guru of sikhs "Guru Harkrishan" was god realised at the age of thirteen, how he did...?

Eastren mind, I think we all are in wrong bhakties, we all are the bhakts (Devotees) of maya (money), not god.

_/\_Jasdir.

Namste Jasdir ji,

May be this is due to their PUNYA which they gain in their previous life by doing the Bhakti in the same manner like Eastern Mind ji described. Because we believe in Hinduism then we have to believe in rebirth theory.
    Now my question is can you discribe your question without refrreing any scripture? but please this time answer should not be a question. I really want to gain something from you

Sadar

Saral

Namaste all !

Thanks for the nice replies !

I think we all are in wrong bhakties, we all are the bhakts (Devotees) of maya (money), not god.

I AGREE 1008% WITH THIS !!...

Why is it so hard for someone to follow bhakti and for other its just their nature ?

I think its their different levels of evolment in each person... some are very advance and naturally take on to religion.. others are bewildered and just become averse to god and religion....But they will hopefully see the right path if they are exposed to it or by chance they are some how or the other exposed to it or something like that... THAT I BELIVE IS GOD'S WILL.

I have a friend who is atheist... but what a nice person... no dulpcity always helping ect ect all nice qulities -- but will not touch any religion with a 10 foot pole !... he is just illusioned.. or maybe i am illusioned !.. he says religion just devides man and causes more disharmony than anything else ! ... looking into history he has a valid point !...

j

Jaswant, I think religion causes disharmony when people try to enforce it OUTSIDE. Religion is meant for our interior existence.

Don't you think?
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 28 March 2011 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Jaswant, I think religion causes disharmonay when people try to enforce it OUTSIDE. Religion is meant for our interior existence.

Don't you think?

No Doubt about it !! ... but man is man & not perfect .. and uses religion for his own purpose !!... look at BHAKTI we do it so we may get something for our own personal desire...

j

Quote Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
    look at BHAKTI we do it so we may get something for our own personal desire...
    Vannakkam jaswant: Although this may be true with people in reality, it is not the intention of true bhakti. True bhakti is love for love's sake, not expecting anything in return ... not even the punya, which will come on its own. One step towards God, and God takes nine to you.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Jasdir, I'm not sure I follow you. Don't you believe in the principle of reincarnation? I'm sure people who are self-realized at early age and/or without much apparent effort are collecting the fruits of past activities.
    Pietro, I believe in reincarnation.

But i never believe that it is necessary to escape into himalayas or any caves for doing "Bhakti".

As EM, said --->>> let alone 20 days or years in a cave to go in and realise our identity with Brahman <<<

This sounds like necessary to go caves for "Bhakti".

_/\_ Jasdir.
    "Everything is he, he is for Everyone, So to whom we can say.... is worse, As there is nothing other than Him." -Guru Nanak.

Quote Originally Posted by saral View Post
    Namste Jasdir ji,

May be this is due to their PUNYA which they gain in their previous life by doing the Bhakti in the same manner like Eastern Mind ji described. Because we believe in Hinduism then we have to believe in rebirth theory.
    Saral, I too very strongly believe in, "Past-bhakti" helpful for doing "Preasent-Bhakti", because nobody can destroy "True bhakti", even death.
    Now my question is can you discribe your question without refrreing any scripture? but please this time answer should not be a question. I really want to gain something from you
    If you are asking me how "Past-Bhakti" works for me for doing "Preasent-Bhakti" without reffering any scripture ?

Few years back one day i went to one mandir near my house with my friend, and that day i asked one question to "pujari ji" there. and my question was; How to realize god ?

Pujari ji answered: One has to control over Kaam,Krodh]]]] and instantly i compleated the sentence Lobh, moh and ahankar.
    Means: Lust, anger, greed, false-attach and Ego.

My friend who was standing along with me noticed, How i compleated the sentence..?, and when we were back to home he asked that you might have listened this before..?

That day i realised that i never took intrest in such religious discussions before, than how i compleated the sentence ?

Ahhh... might be my unconcious memory, I realized.

I hope you all can understand my point, or what i want to say.

_/\_ Jasdir.

Namste Jasdir ji,

Yes I am getting what you said about the PUNYA Karma of previous life but my question was how you gain that punya without the help of the following ways “described by the Eastern Mind ji”

-doing japa
    - home puja
    - pilgrimage
    - temples
    - sitting in quiet reflection of the almighty
    - walking with only god in mind.

I mean lets forget about the your previous lives and start a totally new life you neither have any punya or paap . Now I want to do bhakti and want to know god without help of scripture, holy books and every known method. This is the main question which keeps coming in mind from the beginning of the topic and this I want to clear from you. I hope my point or question is clear to you now.

Saadar

Saral

Thread Information