Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Tips to give up non-veg

Re: Tips to give up non-veg

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Namaste.

In 9.30 He says

"Even if one commits the most abominable action, if he is engaged in devotional service he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated in his determination."

Of course this doesn't give free license to commit murder and say "oh but I love Lord Krishna, and I pray to Him every day". No, there are rules and regulations.

But 9.26 and 9.30 point out and underscore to me how merciful, loving and easy to please Sri Krishna is.
    Not wishing to derail this thread so i be brief and do not expect an answer because i think we are on same page here.

There is no doubt Krishna is loving and merciful, easy to please? perhaps we would have a different take here.

coming back to 9.30 my take is on the operating word here is;
    api cet su-duracaro

bhajate mam ananya-bhak

sadhur eva sa mantavyah

samyag vyavasito hi sah

without deviation

It is not as if one who is a sinner and remains a sinner can be considered a sadhu, again the next verse is important to understand because that person would soon become DharmAtma following the code of Dharma.
    ksipram bhavati dharmatma
    sasvac-chantim nigacchati

kaunteya pratijanihi

na me bhaktah pranasyati

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Re: Tips to give up non-veg

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam

Not wishing to derail this thread so i be brief and do not expect an answer because i think we are on same page here.
    I wanted to answer to not let you think I ignored you...

Yes, I think we're on the same page and saying the same thing, just saying it differently. In person it's so much easier to get messages and meanings across.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Thread Information