Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Do you love/like/dislike/hate Islam? Why?

Re: Do you love/like/dislike/hate Islam? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Ok. So, you DONT have evidence that 1.5 Billion Muslims are peaceful.

I will outline my argument now. On the internet, in different forums, whenever the question of apostasy comes up, Muslims come a cropper. An example on this very forum is this Pakistani here. On top of this, we have great Muslim intellectuals like this genius and this genius.

I also suggest you go through the series of videos (7 in number) starting here. Specifically look at the 7th video where the audience actually votes on the question of whether Islam is a religion of peace.

Are you a Muslim?
    Thanks for posting that debate.

Ayaan Hirshi Ali used to be a politician in the Netherlands. She was hiding under protection of the army for a while and till 2007 fled to America out of fear for muslim terrorist attacks. After a muslim murdered Theo van Gogh, a Dutch film producer who made fun of Islam, Ayaan was also threatened with death.

I have never listened to her speak that long, but she has debated this topic very intelligently. I really like that she said "no monotheistic religion can be a religion of peace." Not many people in the west are so vocal about this, a lot of anti-muslims are actually comming from a Judeo-Christian background and are not ready to acknowledge the faults in their own version of abrahamic monotheism.

Of course, the muslim apologists took this to mean that they were preaching against all religions. He completely failed to acknowledge that monotheistic religions are not all religions.

Great debate and great results on changing the audience mind so significantly. This proves that bringing this issues on the table is not a waste of time.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 08 April 2011 at 10:21 AM.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

To wundermonk and astro student.

If there are differences of opinion that is fine and we the reader may benefit...Yet if there deep issues and passions flare, we have a place at HDF where these grivences can be voiced to one's heart content : http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6420

In this folder, if you care to continue an argument ( jalpa - a kind of disputation) you are free to do so. Others are welcomed to watch or participate as they see fit.
    We try to accomodate all conversations for each level of the 3 guna-s that may arise. At the same time it does not derail the existing thread that is in play and where others will not be distracted.

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 08 April 2011 at 12:33 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Admin Note

Thread under review.
    satay

Thread Information