Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you love/like/dislike/hate Islam? Why?

Re: Do you love/like/dislike/hate Islam? Why?

I hate Islam because of the belligerent, political, and societally dogmatic aspects.

Yeah, yeah, blah blah "but its all nice and good on the inside!" Hate to disappoint you all but that isn't what makes a religion, a religion.

Mohammed was also a lusty and dirty barbarian who killed non-believers with zeal.

A few years ago I might have said I admired Islam but I have done too much research into the subject to feel that way any more. I hate to say that I hate something because it's such a strong word but... what can I really say? Maybe it's better to say I disagree, very strongly, on a number of fundamental levels.

I do not hate Muslims - the vast majority of which, today, are not converts but men and women who have been born into the faith due to the forceful conversion of their ancestors - rather I feel sorry for them. (Bear in mind, I also feel sorry from Christians as well.) Through no fault of their own they have grown up with Islam and its ways and that's all they know. Even something as monstrous as Islam is more comforting than the unknown and when you are told that the unknown is evil and all who practise it are going to hell you are far more likely to cleave to what you do know.

My prayers go to those who have found the strength to step outside of Islam and whether they have adopted a new religion (Christianity, even if I don't agree with it, is surely a step in the right direction) or atheism in order to do that, I pray that their strength never wanes.

So I guess it would be best to say I hate the religion but not the people. They are trapped and they don't know any way out so they turn on one another and anyone they perceive as having more then them.

But we can all agree that compared to Christianity, Islam seems tame. At least Mohammed was honest about his religion. Jesus was nothing more than a manipulative psychopath (non-existent as well).

Are you sane? At least the Christian crusades of violence are on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    But we can all agree that compared to Christianity, Islam seems tame. At least Mohammed was honest about his religion. Jesus was nothing more than a manipulative psychopath (non-existent as well).
    No, I'm sorry, I can't agree with that. Christianity has, and is, evolving and those calling themselves Christians in 500 years wouldn't be recognised as such by their brethren today. Islam, on the other hand, is not evolving (except maybe for the sufis and they are considered heretics by mainstream Muslims). It resists any such changes tooth and nail and issues death warrants on anyone who tries to implement anything that might serve to introduce changes. Yes, Christianity did that too but the important thing is that Christianity has, for the most, moved beyond that. It really is the fanatics in Christianity calling for the death of abortionists or lobbying for the rights of women to be pulled back, not that majority. The majority of Christians are Sunday only or Christians-in-name-only.

Muslims, on the other hand... People say the majority are peaceful. The majority are not peaceful, look at their own countries. They fight and cry amongst themselves, killing one another and delighting in the pain and suffering of those they see as deserving of death. In small communities they are peaceful but only because they have to be. Only because they cannot assert any influence over the majority when they do not have the numbers. The minute they have the numbers - and this includes Western educated Muslims who have grown up with all the freedoms and liberties of the West - they start the fight again, calling for Sharia, saying you cannot depict this, you cannot depict that.

The majority are fanatics because that is the type of religion that Islam is. It only the strong of mind who, having read the Koran, take a look around them and say 'you know... this isn't how the world should be. We should not want to kill people merely because they do not want to accept Islam.' And those strong men and women, upon realising this and - inevitably - leaving Islam quickly find that the death warrant is now hanging over their heads. No wonder many must escape their own countries first before declaring that they have left the so-called religion of peace.

Islam means surrender, and its proponents like to say that means surrender to God. That's not what it means. It means 'surrender your gold, your women, your assets and your power to me because I have this book that says unless you do so you are destined for hell and I may kill you and rape your women'.

Surrender to God means something very, very different from what Islam propounds. We see surrender to God in Christianity (and while it's not the best form of surrender, at least they're trying to cultivate a relationship with God based on love, not Fear) and we see surrender to God in Hinduism, particularly in the practise of Bhakti. You surrender your love, you surrender your ego. Islam does not do any of these.

I cannot ever support Islam. I see Christianity as a step up but I do not support it either. At least with Christians I can argue, sometimes vehemently, against their beliefs and maybe even change their minds but I cannot do that with Muslims for fear of aggression.

(Also, side note: the only Muslims I know who do not follow the orders of the Prophet as Muslims who have not read the Koran and do not known its very basic tenets.)

The sooner Islam fizzles out, the sooner the world can begin to heal. Same goes for Christianity. (Not so much Judaism as it is extremely insular.)

Sorry this was so long...

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Sorry this was so long...
    Don't be sorry, this is a discussion forum, type as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by rajputistan View Post
    A simple survey. I'm talking this to know what do my fellow Hindu brother feel about this religion.

There are 4 options:
    1. Love
    2. Like
    3. Dislike
    4. Hate

And also tell why.
    A religion tends to be judged by the actions of its practitioners. Sure there are nutty Hindus/Jews/Christians. But I am sorry to state that whatever beauty may be in Islam pales in comparison to the death/destruction/bloodshed its practitioners have caused. That alone is reason enough to ban it in countries around the world. (I have been told my views on this topic are extreme. But sorry, I see no other alternative of dealing with Islam )

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    A religion tends to be judged by the actions of its practitioners. Sure there are nutty Hindus/Jews/Christians. But I am sorry to state that whatever beauty may be in Islam pales in comparison to the death/destruction/bloodshed its practitioners have caused. That alone is reason enough to ban it in countries around the world. (I have been told my views on this topic are extreme. But sorry, I see no other alternative of dealing with Islam )
    It's very wrong to have such an aggressive attitude. I hope you reconsider your views. Islam is a religion, no matter how much we try to deny it. Pointing to the mistakes made by its followers is akin to missionaries harping on caste system within the Hindu religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    The majority are fanatics because that is the type of religion that Islam is.
    If the majority were fanatics, the world would have disappeared by now. Truth is, very few of them are. Most Muslims are peaceful and civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by astrostudent View Post
    It's very wrong to have such an aggressive attitude. I hope you reconsider your views. Islam is a religion, no matter how much we try to deny it. Pointing to the mistakes made by its followers is akin to missionaries harping on caste system within the Hindu religion.
    Nah. I can condemn the caste system and still be a Hindu. Ask a Muslim to condemn the death penalty for apostasy and just sit back and watch the fun as they tie themselves in knots trying to justify death for apostates.

So, your analogy fails.

Thread Information