Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Does God exist?

Re: Does God exist?

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    standard atheist ? are there more then that ?

Do all of them believe in Darvin theory of evolution? Or they have some other theories too ?

If monkeys are there forefathers then they should at least respect Hanuman
    I dont know a lot about the types of atheists out there. But they are usually adamant about one or more of the following:

(1)Theists are deluded.
    (2)One can *not* be a theist and a respectable scientist. (See this link.)
    (3)World would be better off if everybody converted to atheism.
    (4)*Only they* have the copyright over human rights, women's rights, homosexual rights, transvestite rights, bisexual rights, global warming rights, labour rights, etc.
    (5)Spirituality is a cooked up term. We are all just a bunch of chemical reactions and electrons flying around.
    (6)Everyone is born as an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Just a small inquiry: Can't God be existence itself?http://pedrumgolriz.com/blog/?p=225
    Great series of pics there, Pietro. As Bhakta Prahlad said in response to his father Hiranyakashp's question - "Where is your God, you devil son?" - "He is in the smallest of the smallest particles of dust, he is in the largest of the largest objects out there".

Namast,

Just a small inquiry: Can't God be existence itself?

Pietro, just a small reply:
    To some degree, that is how I read this: "For each and every form He is the Model; it is His form that is to be seen everywhere." -RV 6.47.18.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Just a small inquiry: Can't God be existence itself?

http://pedrumgolriz.com/blog/?p=225

Excellent viewpoint. It's a very Zen way of looking at it, certainly. Cut out all the existential bulltalk about proving/disproving God and everyone can have his or her own answer. I remember reading about some revered spiritual teacher who refused to use the words God or Lord, because he felt these terms limited people's understanding of the Supreme. Instead, he chose to use words like Universe, Nature, etc. perhaps appealing to people's direct experience with the world around them, which naturally includes those who are of the theistic and atheistic mindset. I don't suppose anybody knows who I'm referring to?

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

I agree words like "God" are trite, I would prefer to use the phrase "Ground of being".

I also believe everything and no-thing are two aspects of Brahman of which there are countless. We Hindus(Imo) focus on more of the "everything" aspect of Brahman while others(Daoists, Zen Buddhists) focus on the no-thing part of Brahman / Reality.

there is no comprehendable logic about life without a supervisor

let us think about a nothing which can produce something for no reason, then is restricted from doing it again since suddenly rules come to apply to everything. where does this come from, the mind of a confused or enlightened person?

maybe we're just living someone's dream again. if you can sustain the lucid dream, you can also create by willing it. but temper the will, otherwise the reactions are too strong, and it turns into a nightmare.

6. Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
    The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?
    7. He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
    Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not.

Rig Veda Mandala 10 Hymn 12

A rather interesting and beautiful example of how the Gods existence/none existence should not worry our hearts.

Yes! Ofcourse! The last verse in Gita is a proof that he exists. Please read my interpretation of last verse --- titled in BhagavatGita section as Last verse -- proof that God exists. Let me what you think. I hope it does not make you angry that I came up with my own meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Hello Ive been thinking over the last few days, does God exist? I know the bearded man on a cloud doesnt, but what about Brahman? Sense at my current spiritual state I cant experience Brahman how do I know Its there? What about personal gods like Ganesha? What Ive thought of is that people that have reached moksha know about them and tell us poor unenlightened fools about it. Why do you know or believe? Any Hindu arguments for God personal or impersonal or both?
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Thanks for any replies. Feel free to redirect me to any other threads that explain this. [/font]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']I hope He/It/She does exist[/font]
    Very very long ago, Nyaya school had advanced a set of 8 proofs. But all of them were refuted by all the other schools. After that there has been no debate. It was recognised that logical proofs or disproofs are not possible.

rcscwc: Could you or anyone else direct me to a source where I could read up on this?

Thanks.

Thread Information