Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Does God exist?

Re: Does God exist?

I think Sunyata put it the best.

No matter what we say it's ultimately worth a grain of salt if you don't try to "experience" God yourself.

To "upsydownyupsy mv ss" I'd have to say I'll need to sort out my definition of God. What do you mean by "see wether or not God exists on your own? and try observing your surroundings"?

Obelisk: Thank you for the book recommendation

PARAM: "If you are talking about personal like Ganesha, then they too exist, Don't you remember milk miracle by Ganesha, and Third Eye Miracle in Shivlingas ?

Vishnu's help to Ramanujacharya, Krishna's help to Dhanna Jat, Rahim etc ?"

Well sense I'm not Hindu and I live in the northern parts of the north east of America the only one I've heard about is Genesha drinking the milk.

Now all I have to do is experience God! But that could take a few life times to figure out how to and do... Better start now...

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    After a long time, there is someone on this forum who is thirsty for the Truth but is not ready to accept something which he doesn't find it logical ! That is a good sign. I passed through this phase long back. My advice is don’t believe anything unless you find it logically correct. I find that people are so much afraid of hell or God's anger that they barter their own logical thinking in the bargain. That is not good for aTruth- seeker. Think hard, reason ... draw logical conclusions and then believe in what is logical.
    snip

The above is the model for the dualist .. where the world and the God are different. As we have logically drawn that there can be another possibility that God and World are really not different from each other i.e. the creator and the creation are not different. But that is very difficult to understand unless we understand this model which is simpler. So, we will take up Non-duality theory later.
    I find Devotee's post illuminating.

The reason I have left Christianity is the dualist nature of its teachings. (As opposed to what Jesus actually taught - but that is another matter).

I came to explore Hinduism because of what I read in the BhagavadGita - that we do not need to be constrained by dualistic thinking.

Thus the question: Does God exist? does not makes sense unless one is locked into dualism. As I have been concerned with extracting myself from the dualist nature of this world the question of God is simple another example of our inherent ignorance as to the branwashing power of society.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2603&dateline=1299563544

Not all those who wander are lost

Brahman is described in the Gita as "the constitutional position of ultimate happiness". Think of freedom, and all the things you would like to be free from - hate, envy, jealousy, pain, fear...

That freedom is worshipable. That is love. That is God.

Namaste Rudy,

I have been asked by my atheist and agnostic friends if I can prove that God exists to them. The answer is that ultimately I can't. While I have no doubt that God exists, it is something that one can only prove to his or herself. Only you can "prove" or experience God by yourself, and then you will have no doubt about it. You can accomplish this through meditation, puja, japa, and many many other things. I personally also experience small everyday miracles that further reinforce my belief in God.

Here is an account from Swami Vivekananda of his first encounter with Sri Ramakrishna:
    "He [Ramakrishna] looked just like an ordinary man, with nothing remarkable about him. He used the most simple language, and I thought 'Can this man be a great teacher?' I crept near to him and asked him the question which I had been asking others all my life: 'Do you believe in God, Sir?' 'Yes,' he replied. 'Can you prove it, Sir?' 'Yes.' 'How?' 'Because I see Him just as I see you here, only in a much intenser sense.' That impressed me at once. For the first time I found a man who dared to say that he saw God; that religion was a reality to be felt, to be sensed in an infinitely more intense way than we can sense the world."

Jai Sri Ram

6. Re: Does God exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Well sense I'm not Hindu and I live in the northern parts of the north east of America the only one I've heard about is Genesha drinking the milk.

Now all I have to do is experience God! But that could take a few life times to figure out how to and do... Better start now...
    Yes start now
    Work for him, do for him, live for him
    Then you will find him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste Rudy,

I have been asked by my atheist and agnostic friends if I can prove that God exists to them. The answer is that ultimately I can't.
    Do they prove that ॐ do not exist ?
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    The standard atheist response to this is to shift the Burden of Proof onto the theist. "You claim God exists, prove it. No, we will not accept questions like 'Who created the world?' or any proof per accidens. You want to know how we atheists think the world started? Something just all of a sudden sprang out of nothing. There."

Namaste PARAMji,

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    No, they don't . My atheist/agnostic friends are not the militant types who think that all religion is evil or that all religious people are deluded. They usually just use Wundermonk's argument or they just say that God cannot be proven or dis-proven and leave it at that.

Jai Sri Ram

9. Re: Does God exist?

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    The standard atheist response to this is to shift the Burden of Proof onto the theist. "You claim God exists, prove it. No, we will not accept questions like 'Who created the world?' or any proof per accidens. You want to know how we atheists think the world started? Something just all of a sudden sprang out of nothing. There."
    standard atheist ? are there more then that ?

Do all of them believe in Darvin theory of evolution? Or they have some other theories too ?

If monkeys are there forefathers then they should at least respect Hanuman

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post

No, they don't . My atheist/agnostic friends are not the militant types who think that all religion is evil or that all religious people are deluded. They usually just use Wundermonk's argument or they just say that God cannot be proven or dis-proven and leave it at that.
    There is no much harm, if they do not want to accept it even by logic. At least they will not become monsters for Adharm either.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Just a small inquiry: Can't God be existence itself?

http://pedrumgolriz.com/blog/?p=225

Thread Information