Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE HIMALAYAN RISHI SANGHA & KUTHUMI LAL

Re: THE HIMALAYAN RISHI SANGHA & KUTHUMI LAL

http://www.kuthumi.com/Kuthumi/Sessions.html

Personal sessions with Kuthumi, as channeled by Ruth, are conducted over the telephone or in person if you reside in the Greater San Francisco area. Sessions are currently being scheduled two weeks in advance.

Click Here to contact Ruth for more information. Be sure to include your name, e-mail address and times that you are available. First time sessions are $100.00. Thank you.
    So my more serious objection was why does Kuthumi allow things like above to happen in his name. Won't coming out of the himalayan hiding room be beneficial for humanity and he need not have to use channels. Undoubtedly his mystic enigma will go for a toss, and his channels will lose the good means of making fortune. Same is the case with other himalayan immortals. I don't know why they keep in hiding and patent out their spirituality to specific patent holder outlets, be it Indian Gurus or Foreigner Channels. Any ideas?

And do Hindus theists seriously want to be associated with Kuthumis, Babaji's et. al. of Himalayas as a serious side of their faith? I have no problem if you do, but don't flame out when ridiculed in that case.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

namaste everyone.

Masters Maurya and Kuthumi are reverred spiritual celebrities in Theosophy. Bishop Leadbeater wrote a book titled The Masters and the Path wherein he has described their life and work.
    http://www.anandgholap.net/Masters_And_Path-CWL.htm

A few years ago when I was too lazy (and thought it was late for me at this age) to get acquitained with the breadth and some depth of Hindu texts, I tried to take the easy way reading Theosophical books (mainly of Besant and Leadbeater). Although I guessed rightly that they are concerned with investigation of only the three worlds, spurn the path of devotion, and speak very little about mokSha--liberation, I felt satisfied reading them. By the grace of GaNesha, I was course-corrected to be back on the track of reading Hindu texts, and in the process came across an essay by Aurobindo that put Theosophy and the masters in proper perspective:

The Claims of Theosophy by Aurobindo
    http://ww1.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/17/0015_e.htm

Will India long keep the temper that submits to unexamined authority and blinds itself with a name? I believe not. We shall more and more return to the habit of going to the root of things, of seeking knowledge not from outside but from the Self who knows and reveals. We must more and more begin to feel that to believe a thing because somebody has heard from somebody else that Mrs Besant heard it from a Mahatma, is a little unsafe and indefinite. Even if the assurance is given direct, we shall learn to ask for the proofs. Even if Kutthumi himself comes and tells me, I shall certainly respect his statement, but also I shall judge it and seek its verification. The greatest Mahatma is only a servant of the Most High and I must see his chapras before I admit his plenary authority. The world is putting off its blinkers; it is feeling once more the divine impulse to see.

It is not that Theosophy is false; it is that Theosophists are weak and human. I am glad to believe that there is much truth in Theosophy. There are also considerable errors. Many of the things they say which seem strange and incredible to those who decline the experiment, agree with the general experience of Yogins; there are other statements which our experience appears to contradict or to which it gives a different interpretation. Mahatmas exist, but they are not omnipotent or infallible. Rebirth is a fact and the memory of our past lives is possible; but the rigid rules of time and of Karmic reaction laid down dogmatically by the Theosophist hierophants are certainly erroneous. Especially is the hotchpotch of Hindu and Buddhist mythology and Theosophic prediction served up to us by Mrs Besant confusing and misleading. At any rate it does not agree with the insight of much greater Yogins than herself. Like most Theosophists she seems to ignore the numerous sources and possibilities of error which assail the Yogin before his intellect is perfectly purified and he has his perfection in the higher and superintellectual faculties of the mind. Until then the best have to remember that the mind even of the fairly advanced is not yet divine and that it is the nature of the old unchastened human element to leap at misunderstandings, follow the lure of predilections and take premature conclusions for established truths. We must accept the Theosophists as enquirers; as hierophants and theocrats I think we must reject them.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Thanks Saidevo ji for posting the information and Theosophical origin of these masters. I'll not waste another word on this topic but would like to emphasize what Aurobindo said (perhaves a century ago?), and request everybody to evaluate ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurobindo
    Will India long keep the temper that submits to unexamined authority and blinds itself with a name? I believe not. We shall more and more return to the habit of going to the root of things, of seeking knowledge not from outside but from the Self who knows and reveals. We must more and more begin to feel that to believe a thing because somebody has heard from somebody else is a little unsafe and indefinite.

Theosophy has had a major influence on neo-Hinduism and new age thinking, from Vivekananda to the himalayan academy and many other modern figures and institutes. It is very important that Hindus are careful not to blindly accept theosophic interpretations of our ancient wisdoms as the truth. The contamination of theosophy has become a very deep stain on Hinduism which can only be removed with rigourous study of our traditions and shashtras.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    The contamination of theosophy has become a very deep stain on Hinduism ....
    Is fantasy so difficult to discern from reality? Reading shastras must be good, but will it be of any use, if our intelligence does not object to stories (similar to narrated in this thread, or those of lemuria) on its own? Is such an intelligence capable of understanding any real shastra anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Is fantasy so difficult to discern from reality? Reading shastras must be good, but will it be of any use, if our intelligence does not object to stories (similar to narrated in this thread, or those of lemuria) on its own? Is such an intelligence capable of understanding any real shastra anyway?
    You are right of course, yasya svayam nasti prajna tasya shashtra karoti kim.

My reasoning was more along the lines that with the millions of shashtras available, someone who is honestly trying to understand any of them, would have less time on their hands to dabble in these things.

But you are right, if someone beliefs in super secret avatar babas hiding in the caves of the himalaya with their errand boys doing their business, shashtra is not going to be helpful.

Very interesting post. From what I have been taught, there are great Rishis and Sages who indeed do travel great distances, who after living in forests, mountains, caves, and various holy places indeed gather together by following footpaths and ancient map-ways - for example specific groups of such great souls gather in Varanasi on specific, holy, times and perhaps only once every 12 years and such. They teach the methods, the stars, and the calendar as to such gatherings from one guru down to disciples who become ascetics and Rishis themselves.

Another example is from what I have learned from a relations who is Jain, of the great ascetics who from the time before Mahavira, during the time of Buddha who learned from Mahavirs, to the times after Mahavira and into today, who follow specific routes into the jungles, up to holy mountains, based on monsoons and other natural cycles - and it is so with followers of Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu.

I am not so sure about the specifics you note in your post, and the examples of ties to ancient Egypt and so on, but indeed it is true in regards to India, Nepal, and beyond into other regions including China, Himalaya, Afghanistan and so on - even into Iran.

With the spread of dharma across the world, it would not surprise me that Hindu and Jain and such great minds are now also living out in the forests of the New World, perhaps in Canada for example, or in the mountains of California - and perhaps they also gather together on specific dates, years, natural cycles ... though I have heard of no specific evidence of this other than perhaps certain organized and Americanized sects who follow certain gurus and such. For the most part, from my experience in India, many if not most of the true ascetics and sages who live as such do not belong to any such well-organized sect, and while some have a living guru, many begin as students and then went deep into the forests and such after their guru passed into another world or only live now in the heart of the disciple.

The world is very small. I certainly have learned that in my life. I have been amazed at who I have cross paths with, or someone I knew suddently showing up in the most unexpected place that I happen to be. But while the world is also so very small, it is big enough where there are entire populations of such sages who live, if you will, hidden and unseen - and I believe for example that Lord Hanuman is still alive to this day and living in the forest of India even now. Only a few can see The Lord right before their very eyes as a physical being standing before them. Such persons are very lucky indeed.

Thread Information