Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoga for renunciation

Yoga for renunciation

Namaste,

I know about sannyasa yoga, but I am also sure that not all who renounced had four or more planets in one sign. So this makes me wonder whether there are other combinations. Also, how important is the navamsa chart to find out whether a person is going renounce?

Peace,
    Astro

Re: Yoga for renunciation

Okay, since no one has answered, I'll post something about great renunciants like Vivekananda and Osho. Both of them had sanyasa yoga, more than three planets in one house. I can't be sure of other sanyasis, though. Nor am I clear about pravrajya yoga. Gandhi appeared to have had it.

i think many members here are not familiar with astrology.again in my thinking those members who are so evolved and deep into spiritual life hardly give any importance to such astrology.in my believe also, who loves god by heart and surrendered himself,hardly cares about astrology or future study etc.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Vannakkam astrostudent: As far as I know, sannyasin's jyothish are a random sampling of charts. I think the charts would point to the strengths of each person. So within a large monastery (like the 800 monks in the Swaminarayan fellowship) some would be better as writers, some as promoters, some in temple design, and so on. But there would be no common element in them all suggesting that their disposition is ato be a monk. Of course I could be wrong. If I get a casual chance to ask my monk-astrologer sannyasin friend some day, I'll ask. Of course, that would be another way to proceed with this question ... ask someone associated with a Math.

Aum Namasivaya

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

There is a trend one will see in a chart... it is not random. Yet one item does not make saṃyas (some write sannyāsin).

First does the person have a spiritual orientation? One must look at the ārūḍha¹ lagna and graha's therefrom ( 3rd and 6th houses), the 12th house - house of loss, the D9 chart, spiritual orientation, the D20 chart ; the 8th house, not to mention the concentration of graha's in one sign or house.

From there one then needs to determine if one withdraws from the daily activities of household life.

praṇām

words
    ārūḍha - mounted , ascended ; raised up; For jyotish it is under the cognizance of the senses , how one is perceived
    Last edited by yajvan; 20 November 2015 at 05:02 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

... it is not random
    One also cannot overlook the 5th house - it deals with knowledge, spiritual practices ( also children ) and is the 9th from the 9th house. It is a rāśi¹ that is associated with pūrva puṇya¹.

dhīmanta yoga
    dhīmanta yoga is formed when the 1st house lord is in the 3rd or 6th house. The person is then intellectually inquisitive. A very nice foundation for the inquisition into Self, no?

One can also view this dhīmanta yoga from the ātmakarāka postion, and from the ārūḍha lagna as mentioned in the post above.

If one looks to the ārūḍha of the 9th house, one can see ones faith. If we find rāhu there, then one has many questions about faith, saturn will influence to loose one's faith and perhaps leave/exit their existing religion. Yet the fire of mars gives one stamina to the point of being zealous.

All these things contribute to see of one takes on sannyās.

praṇām

words
    • rāśi - is a heap, a mass, a pile, a group; in joytiṣ it is the name given to sign, as a collection point
    • pūrva puṇya: pūrva = former , prior , preceding , previous to , earlier than + puṇya = good , right , virtuous , meritorious , pure , holy , sacred
      The virtious actions that bear fruit from the past.
    Last edited by yajvan; 20 November 2015 at 05:03 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thanks, Y, for the detailed explanation.

But I am curious about one thing. Isn't Arudha lagna mostly about the illusion we project about ourselves? Lagna is our true self, and AL is the perception that others have about us, a perception which may or may not be true.

So how is this related to a person's spiritual growth?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

Quote Originally Posted by astrostudent View Post
    But I am curious about one thing. Isn't Arudha lagna mostly about the illusion we project about ourselves? Lagna is our true self, and AL is the perception that others have about us, a perception which may or may not be true.

ārūḍha - mounted , ascended ; raised up; For jyotish it is under the cognizance of the senses , how one is perceived.

It is how others see us, and also how we see ourselves. Does one see themselves as the sannyāsin? AL is a valid location for consideration.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

I read one yoga (frm Gayatri Vasudev). Saturn + Moon in the tenth house, she claims, is a yoga for renunciation.
    Curious if anyone has charts with this combination that are contrary to this. I have one with Saturn + Moon + Rahu in tenth house (Scorpio Lagna). Lots of upsets in the career. Exalted Jupiter in 9th brought the native to meditative practices which helped counter the very tough combination on the mind that is Shani Moon Rahu...

Am curious to see other charts with this combination.

Best regards

namasthe ,
    Horoscope is the blue print of past deeds of various births . when a real renunciation is shown in the chart ,we can deduce that the person is no more interested in the material possessions.Then his getting interested in knowing about the future also does not arise. Some times we don't have even the correct birth time and place .So how can arrive at the sanyasa yogas Four planets in one house , especially in the 10th house ,when all or at least three planets are strong , it is said to be a sanyasa of high order .In practice , when VENUS is involved , it could not give pure sanyasa with out any vasanas . This is my observation . Could be wrong also.

Thread Information