Thread: Dreams

Dreams

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Over the last 5 years the subject of dreams have come up many times.
    I myself know little to nothing (more on the nothing side) about the meaning of dreams.

Interpretation depends on what portion of the night the dream was experienced, the health conditions of the dreamer,
    if the dream is revealed to another on the same night ( assume the person awakens speaks to someone), etc.

So, there are many ~moving parts~ to this. Now that said, for those that wish to learn/read about dreams, one can
    consider the brahmavaivarta purāṇa. There is a section contained within that discusses the results/meaning of dreams.

The thing that I find curious is that ~seemingly negative~ indicators can be quite beneficial e.g.
    • One attains wealth if he sees himself to be bitten by a snake in dream and gets rid of diseases if he sees the sun or
      the moon in his dream.
    • He, who is injured in dream by horned or fanged animals, boars or monkeys, definitely becomes a king and gets
      vast wealth
    • He gets wealth if he is injured with weapons or smeared with excrement or blood or suffers from boils or
      biting of worms.
    praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Dreams

I will definitely read this once I find a translated version. I know we aren't supposed to dwell on dreams much, at least that's what everyone says. But sometimes mine are so profound I have to work them out. Like the dream of the rainbow serpent which was not hurting me and I was afraid so I grabbed it by the back of the head and it became angry and tried to bite me so I took it and put up another portion of its body and when it bit upon this portion I became utterly and profoundly wracked with pain...as if it had bitten me a thousand times.

I suppose it speaks of my impatience, and of the fact that when anything in this world is harmed, we are also harmed...even when we may not be aware.

Last night I was given the word irade? ihr raahh dhe?

There was another word before this but I can no longer remember anything but it contained a T. Being the ignorant Kentuckian I am...I am still trying to figure out the word.

Thank you for providing this resource,Yajvan.

I am always at your feet.<3

Hello Yajvan, I'd use these interpretations with care.

These were spoken perhaps in satya yuga oriented to people with a high degree of self-realization. A time with little subtle disturbances, be it higher subtle, like desires, consumerist angst, or lower subtle, like excessive microwaves floating around.

The problem lies with closed meanings, every mind is unique, so how can X mean Y in every other mind? Well, there's a way, perhaps these certain elements are part of the collective unconscious and therefore dealing with archetypes and present in everyone's mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archetypes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious

I think that asks for further study. When I advance my studies on Analytical Psychology I'll definitely analyze the honorable Brahmavaivarta.

Om Tat Sat

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post

These were spoken perhaps in satya yuga oriented to people with a high degree of self-realization. A time with little subtle disturbances, be it higher subtle, like desires, consumerist angst, or lower subtle, like excessive microwaves floating around.
    I am open to learning... can you advise me on how you came to the conclusions you have offered?
    • spoken during sat yuga
    • excessive microwaves ? How does this apply?
    • levels of angst
    praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Namaste

It is said that if a dream is more like a nightmare, it is the Lord's way of burning one's insignificant [bad] karma. The SuperSoul gives dreams.

So, if VyAs Dev is telling us it brings good things, perhaps burning off bad karma brings good things ?

However, some dreams are predictions into the future, intuition.

There is a very good page on dreams i cannot find it - perhaps the site is down for maintenance. Garud PurAN, as many know, also talks about dreams - but i have not read it

praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast&#233;

I am open to learning... can you advise me on how you came to the conclusions you have offered?
    • spoken during sat yuga
    • excessive microwaves ? How does this apply?
    • levels of angst
    praṇām
    Hello Yajvan, I'll try to answer your topics one by one:

1) The contents of this purana relate to Brahma and other mahadevas, they were passed on for compilation recently but i'm sure this knowledge comes from the very beginning and if not spoken during satya yuga, they were spoken at a place and time where there was a lot more mental clarity in people. The more we are delved into uneasiness, delusion, angst, the more these elements act as a clouding factors to the unconscious contents. The worst of the clouding factors is the complete dissociation between conscious and unconscious that is translated in the outer world as the dichotomy between science and religion, it doesn't exist.

2 and 3) I hold belief that the elements of modern life like excessive electricity, radio waves, microwaves, people awaken late into the night, bad thoughts of hate, jealousy, excessive lust due to capitalist overglorification of sensual pleasure, creates a mental haze that gets into the way of spiritual clarity. It's like trying to breath in a room full of carbon monoxide, it's just not the same as doing it in the fresh air of the country side.

I study dreams with the great psychologist, philosopher, avid student of alchemy and religious systems in the mind of man, Carl Gustav Jung. I'd recommend the book 'Man and his symbols' if you want to better understand his views regarding dreams.

Hope if it's of any help.

Om Tat Sat
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 31 March 2011 at 02:34 PM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast PI,

Hello Yajvan, I'll try to answer your topics one by one:

1) The contents of this purana relate to Brahma and other mahadevas, they were passed on for compilation recently but i'm sure this knowledge comes from the very beginning and if not spoken during satya yuga, they were spoken at a place and time where there was a lot more mental clarity in people. The more we are delved into uneasiness, delusion, angst, the more these elements act as a clouding factors to the unconscious contents. The worst of the clouding factors is the complete dissociation between conscious and unconscious that is translated in the outer world as the dichotomy between science and religion, it doesn't exist.

2 and 3) I hold belief that the elements of modern life like excessive electricity, radio waves, microwaves, people awaken late into the night, bad thoughts of hate, jealousy, excessive lust due to capitalist overglorification of sensual pleasure, creates a mental haze that gets into the way of spiritual clarity. It's like trying to breath in a room full of carbon monoxide, it's just not the same as doing it in the fresh air of the country side.

I study dreams with the great psychologist, philosopher, avid student of alchemy and religious systems in the mind of man, Carl Gustav Jung. I'd recommend the book 'Man and his symbols' if you want to better understand his views regarding dreams.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. This information on dreams that comes from the brahmavaivarta purāṇa is a conversation between
    kṛṣṇa-jī and his father as this brahmavaivarta purāṇa is divided into multiple sections, kṛṣṇa-jī has a ~section~ (kaṇḍa).

Regarding all the electrical disturbances. I am not a physicist, yet I read often of all the cosmic radiation we are bombarded with each second.
    Not to mention millions of neutrinos passing though us ( and the earth ) each second. Much of all this radiation comes from the sun and our galaxy. This has been around since forever. Is this something you have taken into consideration , other then the electrical interference produced by ~modern living~ ?

praṇām

references: http://www.windows2universe.org/phys...smic_rays.html
    http://www.srl.caltech.edu/personnel...cos_encyc.html

यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Yes, of course I took this into consideration.

Nature also has sounds, but is it relaxing to sleep next to a busy road?

Nature also provides light, but is it relaxing to sleep on a extremely light polluted environment?

Nature encompasses everything, but it doesn't mean that misuse of natural potencies is not going to result in adverse effects.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast&#233; PI,

Yes, of course I took this into consideration.

Nature also has sounds, but is it relaxing to sleep next to a busy road?

Nature also provides light, but is it relaxing to sleep on a extremely light polluted environment?

Nature encompasses everything, but it doesn't mean that misuse of natural potencies is not going to result in adverse effects.
    I see what you wish to say ... makes sense to me. Yet nature is very unforgiving. What conversation can you have with a lion? What of hippo's and monkeys killing their own young and other threats to them?

Nature is perfect and works the way it should. Mankind is still in the mist of trying to work out the balance on how to do this with the least possible harm - some get it (solar power), some don't ( coal mining and coal burning).

Yet my point to offer is this - No matter what comfort you seek we are still bound by the body. With that, destruction will come. And this is a law of nature that binds physical entities. What is not bound by any law of physics is sattā , and this is our core nature. If we are infused with this, live this, then we are totally in line with all the laws of nature.

...men may come, and men may go but 'I' (sattā) go on forever.
    praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 31 March 2011 at 06:29 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information