Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Govt to make ‘insulting’ Gandhi a crime

Re: Govt to make ‘insulting’ Gandhi a crime

Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    Excellent law! Let's ignore the Muslims and the Christians who **** on Hinduism on a secondly basis and pass a law that restricts the freedom of speech with respect to speculation on Gandhi!

Anyone who agrees with this violation of natural rights is an idiot. One must always respect the RIGHT of others to speak their mind; however, this does not mean you have to respect WHAT THEY SAY. There is no law needed to restrict defamatory attacks on Gandhi for there are many out there who are more than capable enough to counter such affronts.
    O Mr. Rationalist, I can accept all of your comments, but one of them is kinda hard to swallow. Would you like to rephrase it? Or send me a 'smart pill' so that I can rise to your level of intellect and decide which side of the issue I want to be on. Thanks.
    -
    Last edited by Believer; 04 April 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    O Mr. Rationalist, I can accept all of your comments, but one of them is kinda hard to swallow. Would you like to rephrase it? Or send me a 'smart pill' so that I can rise to your level of intellect and decide which side of the issue I want to be on. Thanks.
    -
    Sorry for the outburst Believer.

Regardless, I still believe that anyone who is willing to go so far as to restrict freedom of speech for such a TINY issue is being foolish.

In fact, the only time I believe where the suppression of this right is acceptable is during war, where what a minority or a faction says can compromise national integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    Sorry for the outburst Believer.

Regardless, I still believe that anyone who is willing to go so far as to restrict freedom of speech for such a TINY issue is being foolish.
    It might be foolish or clever depending on the agenda & purpose. Cong survives on Gandhi worship, so it was hardly a foolish thing on their part.

However the thread was not intended to have another discussion on greatness or evil of Gandhi (as it seems to have become), but a sharia like move being discussed by Home Ministry. You can search it out on Google - it all started when some gentleman wrote a book saying Gandhi was gay or bi or something - Modi govt and Maharastra govt went ahead to ban the book. Cong govt at the center could not be left behind and was contemplating this law to ban any Gandhi criticism alltogether - a nice Ayotollah Khemani like move...I haven't kept tack of the developments since then, as I was busy traveling and doing more important things this weekend.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

People passing the law would be the first people to be executing because passing this law would be a great insult to Gandhi. Gandhi even forgave Nathuram Godse for this assassination. Though I don't support Gandhian Philosophy and don't consider him the reason behind Indian independence but nevertheless because of him millions of people become nationalist to fight for mother land. Only a Gandhi or only a Bose is not enough. We need people of both kind(Gandhi and Bose).

It is foolishness that you are punishing somebody for Gandhi? Total foolishness. Gandhi would be so sad to there this. This law is itself insulting Gandhi.

Quote Originally Posted by rajputistan View Post
    Gandhi even forgave Nathuram Godse for this assassination.
    Really?
    -

I don't think he was around much longer after his assasination.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Really?
    -
    A person who forgave British(Peaceful movement), murderers of uncountable throughout the Earth- can't he forgave his own murderer

And then I have heard(no solid proof) that Gandhi said not to kill his murderer.

I think congress want to get votes of Gandhians

8. Re: Govt to make ‘insulting’ Gandhi a crime

Quote Originally Posted by rajputistan View Post
    A person who forgave British(Peaceful movement), murderers of uncountable throughout the Earth- can't he forgave his own murderer

And then I have heard(no solid proof) that Gandhi said not to kill his murderer.

I think congress want to get votes of Gandhians

I can say Gandhi never forgives British Rule, he only wanted to use peaceful movement because, and this made British Administration in difficulty.

About Mahatma Godse, he did what he has to do. I don't know why he was not forgiven by the court either, yes when the same murderer British officers were leaving India, nobody tried to punish them, all because of Congress.

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post

I can say Gandhi never forgives British Rule, he only wanted to use peaceful movement because, and this made British Administration in difficulty.

About Mahatma Godse, he did what he has to do. I don't know why he was not forgiven by the court either, yes when the same murderer British officers were leaving India, nobody tried to punish them, all because of Congress.

See, by forgiving I don't mean that he said Indian-British are brothers or something similar. By that I mean he didn't supported the violence against the British Authorities. See the case of civil disobedience movement, just one Police station was burned and he cancelled whole movement :sad:

forget i said anything..how do u delete ur post?
    Last edited by eriko; 25 April 2011 at 03:43 AM.

Thread Information