Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: burning of koran

Re: burning of koran

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

A burning of the koran occurred on March 20th, in the USA. What then occured some days later Afghans took to the streets
    (in Afghanistan) .Twenty people were killed including United Nations employees.

What I find uncanny is how easily these people are provoked and they lose all composure. They then go against their own teachings and kill.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 03 April 2011 at 01:31 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

While I have no love for Islam, I don't think it's a good idea to burn any book. Just look at the Hindus in Sahasranama's photos. To me they don't seem to be behaving rationally; angry mobs never do. Also keep in mind that the same people who burned the Quran would probably be attacking Hindus if Muslims weren't around to act as a punching bag. To them, all foreign-looking people are the same.

In regards to the UN soldier deaths in Afghanistan, it goes without saying that burning a book doesn't justify killing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    While I have no love for Islam, I don't think it's a good idea to burn any book. Just look at the Hindus in Sahasranama's photos. To me they don't seem to be behaving rationally; angry mobs never do. Also keep in mind that the same people who burned the Quran would probably be attacking Hindus if Muslims weren't around to act as a punching bag. To them, all foreign-looking people are the same.

In regards to the UN soldier deaths in Afghanistan, it goes without saying that burning a book doesn't justify killing anyone.
    If you read these comments a lot of people posting there actually think that these are muslims burning the Bible. They really do not know how to distinguish between Muslims and Hindus.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-1198915/

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Library burning was done in Alexandria first by the Christians and later in Nalananda by the Muslims, so it's the other way around. These Indians adopted this behavior from the west. Although the severity cannot be compared, the libraries of Alexandria and the Indian libraries including the university of Nalanda had rare texts that will never be recollected. I do think that the world has earned the right to burn korans, it's a very innocent form of revenge for what destruction Islam has brought on this planet earth.
    Sahasra, you're taking me way to seriously mate.

All in all, to see a hindu having a childish attitude like burning a book only makes me sad. Whatever happened to the high level philosophy? That's the sharpest of swords IMO.

Panam

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

Now I thought to myself what if someone burned the veda's ?

I think my 1st thought would be of disappointment. Yet I would also think, they really believe they burned the veda-s?

Here is the difference armed with the knowledge that Vedas are eternal then it would be foolish to get worked up about it, yes it would be sad act but an ignorant act, i would only pity those who indulge in this foolish act.

We can see those who perpetuate and engage in burning books, their only aim is to incite, it can only work if one is ignorant of their knowledge, their faith, their Dharma. it only shows their insecurity in their belief.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Namaste,

From a purely pragmatic point of view, I support a person's right to burn any book. That being said, it is a very dumb thing to do, especially when it is done solely to provoke people, which were the intentions of those fundamentalist Christians who burned the Koran. Islam has caused a lot of destruction and damage to the world, but like Pietro, I don't think Hindus should engage in Koran burning. We are better than that, and we don't need to go looking for any sort of revenge or anything. Leave that to the law of karma. On a side note, I do find it funny how Muslims brand Hindus and others as "idolaters", yet they literally take up arms when someone burns a book.

Jai Sri Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    If you read these comments a lot of people posting there actually think that these are muslims burning the Bible. They really do not know how to distinguish between Muslims and Hindus.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-1198915/
    Yes, I think this illustrates the problem I mentioned. Christians detest non-Americans in general; the Christian West has exchanged its old racial superiority for a sort of cultural superiority. It's easy to attack Islam because of all the terrorist activity. But Christians have the same level of fundamental hatred for Hindus. I think they would see us as no different than the Muslims.

I'm not going to say that Hindus and Muslims have any common cause. After all, Muslims in India are out to get Hindus too. But we probably shouldn't be supportive of Koran burning.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté sanjaya

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    But Christians have the same level of fundamental hatred for Hindus. I think they would see us as no different than the Muslims.
    I am sure you have a reason for suggesting this, yet I have not experienced this in any substantial manner in the USA. My reference point is all the companies I have worked for across the USA hired Hindu's on multiple levels ( engineering, management, sales, etc). These employers/hiring managers where Christian-based people. I never heard a negative word about a Hindu during his/her employment.

Perhaps this may occur in other segments of business or education but has not been part of my work experience in 40 yrs.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

... yet I have not experienced this in any substantial manner in the USA.
    Now that said, I have experienced and viewed people that were Christians that hated - yet they were equal opportunity haters. They hated just about every one that did not look or act like themselves. Can you then say it is a Christian thing ? Because they too hated other Christians that did not think or believe as they did.

I'd suggest it is a condition of being mal-adjusted with an imbalance in the 3 guna-s - excessive tamas and rajas.
    praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

What I find uncanny is how easily these people are provoked and they lose all composure. They then go against their own teachings and kill.
    Whoever suppresseth his anger, when he hath in his power to show it, God will give him great reward.... Muhammad

'Give me advice' said someone. Muhammad said, 'Be not angry.'

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information