Re: Does God love us ?

namaste smaranam,

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    SatayJi, Y o u
    h a v e
    n o
    i d e a

He loves you very much. praNAm
    Now that I think about it, I must say that God has been taking care of me for decades, especially during last year possibly the toughest year for me personally. I guess one only takes care of others if there is love so I must conclude that God must love me.
    satay

What about you, Devotee, do you have an answer to share?

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste friends,

Everyone says that God loves us. I was wondering how many of us feel the love of God without getting any opportunity to doubt His love towards us.

How many of us believe that it is just a wishful thinking ? What do you think ??

Please share your experience with God with me, if you don't mind.

OM

If we reject the idea of one all-powerful entity as God and accept only planetary deities, then the question wouldn't even arise.

Quote Originally Posted by astrostudent View Post
    If we reject the idea of one all-powerful entity as God and accept only planetary deities, then the question wouldn't even arise.
    But everything would still be supported by Brahman.

Namaste Onkara and all,

Quote Originally Posted by Onkara View Post
    What about you, Devotee, do you have an answer to share?
    When I asked this question, I was feeling depressed over some unfortunate event. So, this question was just to feel reassured of God's unfailing love through my spiritual friends on this forum ... as God is not manifest ... He surely manifests through people around us. So, thank you all, it served it purpose quite well.

As far as my answer to this question is, it is like this :

This delusive power of Maya is too strong & therefore we are strongly & very deeply attached to our worldly relative existence which is not our True Nature. When we think cooly & rationally we see God's love always with us like our mother's love but that is not always so. Sometimes, we fail to think rationally ... we get too emotional & want to feel the physical presence of God's love ... we fail to see that there is someone nearby through whom God is trying to extend help .... if not someone, then it can be rising of some thought which can take us away from our blues. All these help come from God but we fail to see that because we want to see something "supernatural" like appearing of God in front of us in physical form or whatever. We don't see that whatever happens to us is because of our own Karma as per the universal Laws of Karma .... & yet whenever we sincerely & ardently seek God's intervention ... we do get something in some form which helps us to overcome our problems. This can be only due to God's love. We commit errors and are liable to face hardship as a result of our own errors ... and yet God provides something to assist us so that we may be able to carry on by learning through our mistakes ... is the proof of His love.

I can't complain against God much. Whenever I have wanted anything very deperately I have somehow got that unless it was ridiculous to ask that thing & actually I could do better without that ... whenever I had very dificult times to face ... I have always got some unexpected help just by chance ( as it appears ) ... so, it is certainly God who keeps helping me & you all in some form or the other.

Thank you everyone for your contribution. It all has helped.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

With my heart so full of that Love today, I send it to you, Beloved Portion.

For the question, for the great Portion of Light You are<3
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 08 April 2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: I am gone- Forgive for breaking that silence.

My thoughts about God --- He EXITS. He loves us but he is also our teacher. Maybe it's me, but I always felt like christianity approaches god through love and God loves you is something you hear over and over again. With hindu culture I never grew up hearing God loves you. I think we approach God through devotion (bhakti) which is respect/high regard for God and that is how we hindus also treat god in the way we worship and practice our religion. I really do love the idea of a loving god though. Different religions have different looking glass for how they approach god. Ours is not always necessarily through love that is communicated and seen in christiany. So I could see why you would have that question. Ofcourse he loves you ---- have you ever taken aarati?

Namaste NayaSurya,

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    With my heart so full of that Love today, I send it to you, Beloved Portion.

For the question, for the great Portion of Light You are<3
    Thankfully, I read your post yesterday itself before you decided to edit to two sentences !

Your husbands's love towards you is nothing but God working through him .... and your love towards your husband is also God working through you. This is what Yagnyavalkya says in BrihdaraNyaka Upanishad.

There is a film "Rab ne bana di jodi". In this film, the husband loves his wife very much even when the wife doesn't love him as he is not of the type she wants. However, when she understands how much her husband loves her, she weeps with love for her husband and asks, "How can you love me so much ? Why do you love me so much ?". The husband replies, "What shall I do ? I see God in you.".

What about, "I am gone" ? I hope no one hurt you here ? I wish that you continue posting here. You are such a very lovely spiritual friend.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

don't we see lord Vishnu lying on a bed of snake in the ocean of milk.
    and lord Shiva in the state of samadhi.
    Whether you worship vishnu or Shiva both of them are just silent witness.

rigid laws have been framed which even gods cant break and he does not have to interfere in the functioning of his creation often.
    we have to live within those laws.

Love and hate are two faces of the same coin. thickness of the coin is avidya. eliminate the thickness and the coin vanishes.

Carl Gustav Jung theorized that the opposite of love is not hate, but instead power. Who does not love, tries to enforce superiority and who loves sets free.

Perhaps that's a nice way to understand why we are here in apparent separation of God. Perhaps God loves us so much he agreed on separating, even though he cheated a bit.

Thread Information