Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evil religions

Re: Evil religions

The Evil Religions? Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The Axis of Evil. The Purveyors of War, Prolongers of War.

Islam is the most evil religion in the eyes of the West. That's because we muslims keep blowing ourselves up like idiots in the middle of busy streets to kill innocent people. These jihadis are cowards and barbaric mindless idoits. Because of these idiots all muslims even the likes of me get painted with the same brush. What can we do? I am in shame because my idiot muslim community won't stop the mindless murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    So what are you trying to say? Islam is not so bad? What about Christianity?

It's easy to hide behind the relativization that there's no evil, they're still ignorant, killing because of a book.
    Suppose a verse says: kill the enemy.

Mr. X could interpret that verse to mean: kill people.
    Mr. Y could interpret the same verse to mean: kill the enemy within, namely anger, lust etc.

See what I mean? Is there any good or evil, or only our interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by astrostudent View Post
    Suppose a verse says: kill the enemy.

Mr. X could interpret that verse to mean: kill people.
    Mr. Y could interpret the same verse to mean: kill the enemy within, namely anger, lust etc.

See what I mean? Is there any good or evil, or only our interpretation?
    Like I said, we have no business giving different interpretation of foreign religious works, other than that the followers of the religion have given it, especially early in the history of the religion. Hindu swamis have helped abrahamics a lot with reinterpretating their scripture in a different light. This is counterproductive and gives the abrahamics more resources to hide the real meaning of their texts and their real agenda.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 08 April 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Like I said, we have no business giving different interpretation of foreign religious works,
    Badshah Khan (frontier Gandhi) interpreted every verse in the Koran to preach peace instead of violence. Others may do the exact opposite. As you can see, it's all about interpretation.

Anyone could also reinterpretation the words of Mein Kamph and say that Hitler was a man of peace. Interpretation should be based on language, history and tradition, not on personal likes and dislikes. In India they call this interpretating according your own will "manamaane dhanga se artha dena."

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Anyone could also reinterpretation the words of Mein Kamph and say that Hitler was a man of peace. Interpretation should be based on language, history and tradition, not on personal likes and dislikes. In India they call this interpretating according your own will "manamaane dhanga se artha dena."
    My point is, if there are two interpretations of a certain religion (one preaching peace like Badshah Khan), and another preaching violence, how will anyone determine which version is right?

When you ask which one is right, you are talking about which one was the original intention of the people who wrote the texts, not about which message is the right one. Maybe Badshah Khan was preaching the right message, but not the message of the koran. The text is pretty straightforward about violence and the traditions of Islam all prove this from Shuni to Shia to Sufi. In India some muslims may have become more moderate in their adherence to the koran due to influence of Dharma Bhumi, but that doesn't change the message of Islam.

Thread Information