Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first temple visit... a little nervous!

Re: first temple visit... a little nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by hari4u2 View Post
    In My City The Wont Allow Foreigners Inside The Temple ( Kanchi Kamachi Temple ) No Matter What You Wear I Dont Know Why !
    Vannakkam Hari: I'm curious about this. Does the sign say 'No Hindus' or 'No Foreigners'? Many temples in India and here in America have some restrictions such as cell-phones, cameras, people being disrespectful, and the like. Hindu temples, (just like any religious gathering place) are not public places, after all. Not that I will go and test it on purpose, but I do understand some of the reasons.

Actually the one I'm interested in is the Ekambaranatha Siva temple, as part of these 5: http://www.hindu-blog.com/2008/06/pa...a-temples.html

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 29 April 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Vannakkam: For people who aren't familiar with the South Indian style of worship, here is an excellent video that shows what happens during the 'off' times when no puja is going on. People come along to purchase archanas basically. Its very different from the North Indian style.

I really like this place because its so open and green around. The priest looks quite inner too. Enjoy.

http://www.seemalaysia.eu/Pages/Video/Ipoh_TH_UK.html

Aum Namasivaya

3. Re: first temple visit... a little nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by christine View Post
    ---------------------
    Now you must have made your visit to the temple, so how was the experience, share it.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by hari4u2 View Post
    In My City The Wont Allow Foreigners Inside The Temple ( Kanchi Kamachi Temple ) No Matter What You Wear I Dont Know Why !
    See thats how it is. You cannot bring your own rules.

PS: Non muslims are barred from Mecca. If found, there would swift execution by beheading.

Advice: respect the rules.

Thread Information