Thread: The End of Religion

The End of Religion

Do you believe that does who are "enlightened" have a religion? I ask this question because if one has detached their ego from earthly preoccupations and attachments it seems logical that religion itself is one of those preoccupations. Now I don't mean religion is bad in any sense I'm just saying that when you are preoccupied with religion you don't get released from suffering as religion is something that identifies you with the World.

Thoughts?

Re: The End of Religion

hari o
    ~~~~~

namaste

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Do you believe that does who are "enlightened" have a religion?
    I look at it this way...religion in its purest sense is relig(āre) to tie, fasten re + ligāre to bind, tie. But now what are we tying to?
    What are we joining or harnessing to? To the Supreme, to bind one back to the source, to yoke one back to anuttara ( the Supreme).

Hence from this definition we then can set re + ligāre = yoga.
    yoga योग is rooted in yuj the act of yoking , joining , attaching , harnessing. But to what? Once again, to the Supreme.

So, for those that enjoy enlightenment , they enjoy the fruit of re + ligāre + yoga. They are exponents,
    ambassadors of the Supreme.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Yajvan said exactly what I was going to say.

If religion means to re-connect (religare) etymologically, if a person is already reconnected (jivanmukti), yes, in this sense, religion is not necessary anymore.

Vannakkam: According to some data sites, religion will disappear in about 30 years in a few European countries if the current trends continue. The percentage of people having no religious affiliation climbs with each census. I guess churches make good wineries, or better yet, Hindu temples.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Do you believe that does who are "enlightened" have a religion? I ask this question because if one has detached their ego from earthly preoccupations and attachments it seems logical that religion itself is one of those preoccupations. Now I don't mean religion is bad in any sense I'm just saying that when you are preoccupied with religion you don't get released from suffering as religion is something that identifies you with the World.Thoughts?
    Entire history, those who are "Enlightened" till now, always have different ways to religion, they never followed the old ways.

Secondly: Religion itself means re-union with... from where we started this journey of life in the begaining, or the nick name is "God".

Those who got "enlightenment" they never knew'ed in advance that they are following any religion.

_/\_ Jasdir.
    "Everything is he, he is for Everyone, So to whom we can say.... is worse, As there is nothing other than Him." -Guru Nanak.

Thread Information