Thread: Isn't astrology ...

Isn't astrology ...

... a bit of guesswork?

Don't mean to offend anyone, nor do I have anything against astrology, but mostly astrologers give their predictions after the event. For instance, astrologers look at the chart of famous people like Kennedy (or Indira Gandhi or anyone, for that matter) and say why they've become famous and rich. Now this is too easy. These people are already famous and rich, and astrologers simply have to give a new significance to each planet and position, just to make it fit into their image.

Have astrologers ever predicted anything before the person became rich and famous, or before any event has occurred? I don't think so.

Re: Isn't astrology ...

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by karna View Post
    ... a bit of guesswork?
    A good jyotiṣa depends and reads charts well - a great jyotiṣa can see beyond the chart or make connections of many of the charts (synthesize) together. See this post if there is interest:http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711

Pedictions are one part of jyotish yet there are a few other things that are included in this science.
    See this post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62363&postcount=27

I say that because a jyotisa can be good at one thing but not another.
    Just like a craftsman - may be good working on a lathe, but not so good working with a chisel.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Karna, a question, have you ever done your chart with a good vedic astrologer?

In my personal experience astrology has been of great help.

My dear mother has always been great with predictions, she knows little of astrology yet, but when she reads a chart her intuition allow her to foresee a lot of things. For example, back in 2008 when there was a great furor about Obama being elected and being seen as a saviour of USA and what not, she went to see his chart and said that he wouldn't maintain this glamour for much time and would leave without much glory. See, he didn't close Guantanamo, he didn't end the war in Iraq, if we look by this angle, he claimed he was disappointed for not being able to do what he wants, so in this regard, her prediction based on jyotish was right.

However, I don't trust astrologers that predict big public events, if it's already complex to deal with the karma of one individual, imagine the lives of millions, it's not as black and white as one may think.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 16 April 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Horoscope is something very important to some ones life.A good astrologer can say exactly what will happen in the future.
    Last edited by satay; 17 June 2011 at 01:33 PM.

Hi

Speaking from personal experience, astrology is an exact science. just like medicine, you have good and mediocre doctors, themore you practise the more patients you handle better you become at your work. same goes for astrology as well.

i too was indifferent to the science till i met my astrologer who predicted th ings well in advance (years) and they happened exactly as predicted.everytime.

gosh he could even tell where a person is on the globe just by analyzing the janam patri.

But there is a catch to it.the purpose of knowing future is to be able to alter it, if need be. i have been able to get out of troubles cuz i knew before hand how things could turn up and i did to avoid them.

Thread Information