Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Power of Rudraksha

Re: The Power of Rudraksha

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Actually, it just occured to me these could well be counterfeits that I have. I wonder is anyone here experienced enough with rudrakshas that they can tell in one or two glances if a mala is fake?
    I am very interested in discovering this, as well. My first rudraksha, I think, originated from the Himalayan Academy. The rudraksha itself is quite large and somewhat rough - the best I could compare it to would be the inside of a walnut.

Occasionally, I stop by small "spirituality" stores and they will undoubtedly carry some form of stringed rudraksha. They appear like smooth plastic and are very small in comparison to the one I have.

I really do want to purchase one of these items and break it open with a nail to discover if there are rudraksha seeds inside. I simply do not have the heart to do it, though.

Here is a link to the Himalayan Academy online store. You can see the texture of the rudraksha in comparison to the image you posted. They are roughly the same circumference as an American Penny.

Edit:
    Here's a link to the above picture. It doesn't seem to link correctly on one of my computers.

http://www.minimela.com/images/large...in_box_LRG.jpg
    Last edited by Water; 18 April 2011 at 12:33 AM.

I wear Panch mukhi in my neck.Actually i love The lord shiva and thats why i like him very much.This panch mukhi rudraksha i wear is directly from tree.
    I don't know the effect but i wear it always.

I think when i wear it, i feel he is standing just next to me.Feeling so proud.

Kundan

Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    I am very interested in discovering this, as well. My first rudraksha, I think, originated from the Himalayan Academy. The rudraksha itself is quite large and somewhat rough - the best I could compare it to would be the inside of a walnut.

Occasionally, I stop by small "spirituality" stores and they will undoubtedly carry some form of stringed rudraksha. They appear like smooth plastic and are very small in comparison to the one I have.

I really do want to purchase one of these items and break it open with a nail to discover if there are rudraksha seeds inside. I simply do not have the heart to do it, though.

Here is a link to the Himalayan Academy online store. You can see the texture of the rudraksha in comparison to the image you posted. They are roughly the same circumference as an American Penny.

Edit:
    Here's a link to the above picture. It doesn't seem to link correctly on one of my computers.

http://www.minimela.com/images/large...in_box_LRG.jpg
    Namaste,

The Himalayan Academy seems like one of the few genuine suppliers. You can actually see the process they use to make their malas. You can see their trees, the actual beautiful blue fruit and how they prepare the Rudraksha that alone is enough to put mind ones at ease. No other suppiler shows where and how they get their Rudraksha. People say there are differences between Nepal vs Java beads (Nepal are supposed to be more powerful) I wonder how the Hawaiian Beads differ?

Do you think I should call the Himalayan Academy if I wanted a 14 mukhi? It seems they sell a mala of 1 mukhi -13 mukhi. I wish they had a better picture though it is so small.

I believe peoples best bets are to buy from the Kauai Hindu Monastery/The Himalayan Academy or Rudra Centre. With the Monastery in such a spiritual setting you can feel the love, care and devotion that goes into the whole process which I feel will make these Rudraksha just as powerful as Nepal's.

Namaskar ji,

I agree about the two sources you mention Divinelight, and about your assessment of Himalayan Academy's beads. There is one other I have considered purchasing from, an individual seller who grows their own trees. Supposedly descendants of the Hawaiian Forest. I am interested in that one because I am considering an experiment in growing some here and that seller claims to only sell fully ripened and mature fruit capable of germinating. We'll see.

Sunyata ji, I know this is years later but did you ever find out the answer to your question? I wonder if your beads are Java beads, they sound like they could be.

This is a great thread, what great experiences. When I was in India I looked for a mala not knowing what kind to get and none I saw none really appealed. When we came back and I started to research and learn about Shaivism I learned of Rudraksha. But I couldn't find any here that I could be sure of being genuine so I did nothing and wished I had seen one before. When I came back from vacation that December, my neighbor had come back from India with some gifts for us - one was a Rudraksha mala for me. As far as I know she didn't know I wished for one, though she knew I worship Shiva. This is a 108 +1 Java bead mala with beads between 5 and 6mm. She and many others have told me to never take it off, and so I haven't except to bathe, to clean it, and to re-string it. Just now it is strung on yellow cotton floss.

I noticed a kind peace and a quiet strength right away. I notice as well if I am not wearing them. The beads are actually mismatched, most are 5-face but some are 4 and some are 6. Not all are great quality, and the beads themselves initially appeared red but it turns out they were coated in a red paste. Having cleaned them there are all colors - there are even one or two that are indeed partially whitish. I liked using them for japa at first, but once i strung my own I find this mala less suitable - I don't concentrate as well partially because the beads are so small and partly I because of the beads I use now. I have also read that malas worn as necklaces shouldn't be used for japa, though I don't know the accuracy of the sources.

I ordered some dried Rudraksha Fruit. I didn't know the store's reputation and had read how common frauds were, I felt the fruits were the best way to be sure I got the real thing, though the quality isn't always the best.

I have an anxious habit of picking at my fingers. I found that the enjoyment of carefully cleaning and oiling each bead not only soothed my nerves, focused my attention and quietened my mind, but my fingers started to completely heal as I wasn't worrying at them except when at work - so I brought some cleaned beads to work as worry beads, to hold when I would start getting anxious.

Most of the fruits are 5-faced, and range from 13mm to 22mm. I have found one 4-face, which I wear as a bracelet, seven 6-face, and one 7-face. Of the 6-face, as I learned of Sri Murugan's Lordship over this bead and its properties, I thought of my neice who had Lukemia. Since the treatment she has been depressed, withdrawn, lost confidence in herself and lost her ability to speak her thoughts well. I made a necklace for her and did several pujas asking for Sri Murugan's blessing and Sri Shiva's blessing on it. I gave it to her after explaining to her mother and her what the necklace was - not that I thought either would have a problem, but best to be honest and up front. She loves it, wears it often, and she has regained much of what she had lost. I wear 3 more around my own neck and keep them on my mantle at night with the bracelet. The japa mala I strung on red and yellow cotton floss and it lives on my shrine as a garland.

I find cleaning the beads from the fruits incredibly rewarding, like a Rudra Abishek or excellent meditation, so I continue. Each one is a unique, natural jewel.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar ji,

I agree about the two sources you mention Divinelight, and about your assessment of Himalayan Academy's beads. There is one other I have considered purchasing from, an individual seller who grows their own trees. Supposedly descendants of the Hawaiian Forest. I am interested in that one because I am considering an experiment in growing some here and that seller claims to only sell fully ripened and mature fruit capable of germinating. We'll see.

Sunyata ji, I know this is years later but did you ever find out the answer to your question? I wonder if your beads are Java beads, they sound like they could be.

This is a great thread, what great experiences. When I was in India I looked for a mala not knowing what kind to get and none I saw none really appealed. When we came back and I started to research and learn about Shaivism I learned of Rudraksha. But I couldn't find any here that I could be sure of being genuine so I did nothing and wished I had seen one before. When I came back from vacation that December, my neighbor had come back from India with some gifts for us - one was a Rudraksha mala for me. As far as I know she didn't know I wished for one, though she knew I worship Shiva. This is a 108 +1 Java bead mala with beads between 5 and 6mm. She and many others have told me to never take it off, and so I haven't except to bathe, to clean it, and to re-string it. Just now it is strung on yellow cotton floss.

I noticed a kind peace and a quiet strength right away. I notice as well if I am not wearing them. The beads are actually mismatched, most are 5-face but some are 4 and some are 6. Not all are great quality, and the beads themselves initially appeared red but it turns out they were coated in a red paste. Having cleaned them there are all colors - there are even one or two that are indeed partially whitish. I liked using them for japa at first, but once i strung my own I find this mala less suitable - I don't concentrate as well partially because the beads are so small and partly I because of the beads I use now. I have also read that malas worn as necklaces shouldn't be used for japa, though I don't know the accuracy of the sources.

I ordered some dried Rudraksha Fruit. I didn't know the store's reputation and had read how common frauds were, I felt the fruits were the best way to be sure I got the real thing, though the quality isn't always the best.

I have an anxious habit of picking at my fingers. I found that the enjoyment of carefully cleaning and oiling each bead not only soothed my nerves, focused my attention and quietened my mind, but my fingers started to completely heal as I wasn't worrying at them except when at work - so I brought some cleaned beads to work as worry beads, to hold when I would start getting anxious.

Most of the fruits are 5-faced, and range from 13mm to 22mm. I have found one 4-face, which I wear as a bracelet, seven 6-face, and one 7-face. Of the 6-face, as I learned of Sri Murugan's Lordship over this bead and its properties, I thought of my neice who had Lukemia. Since the treatment she has been depressed, withdrawn, lost confidence in herself and lost her ability to speak her thoughts well. I made a necklace for her and did several pujas asking for Sri Murugan's blessing and Sri Shiva's blessing on it. I gave it to her after explaining to her mother and her what the necklace was - not that I thought either would have a problem, but best to be honest and up front. She loves it, wears it often, and she has regained much of what she had lost. I wear 3 more around my own neck and keep them on my mantle at night with the bracelet. The japa mala I strung on red and yellow cotton floss and it lives on my shrine as a garland.

I find cleaning the beads from the fruits incredibly rewarding, like a Rudra Abishek or excellent meditation, so I continue. Each one is a unique, natural jewel.

~Pranam
    Namaste Aanandinii,

Where the dried fruit from Rudra Centre? Can you please tell me who the other seller is? Also, do they sell Rudraksha as well? I called the Himalayan Academy's today and learned that not all the beads are from Hawaii some are from India (the box with the 1-13 mukhi the Rudraksha are from Northern India(Nepal?) ) As I find out more information I will update everyone which beads are from India and which beads are from Hawaii. If the beads sold online are coming from India then I assume it's best to deal with Rudra Centre. The individual at the Academy mentioned RudraGems so I am guessing that is their wholesaler. My best guess is the malals containing the 5 mukhis are from Hawaii and if you desire anything else then it comes from India. The beads from India are sent to Hawaii where they are purified in the mandir.

I am touched by the story about your niece. I truly wish everything goes well with her. May God heal her and destroy her worries.

I will update everyone once I get more information. Hopefully this will help everyone in the future. The more we know and pool our experiences together the more likely we are to receive genuine and quality Rudraksha. It is very hard to determine who the best seller especially in a market like India.

-Divnelight

Namaste DivineLight,

Quote Originally Posted by divnelight View Post
    Where the dried fruit from Rudra Centre?
    Yup. It's the only place I've found them, but I may have stopped in my search after finding what I find to be a good seller with a lot of different items I can use and are hard to find where I live.
    Can you please tell me who the other seller is? Also, do they sell Rudraksha as well?
    Sure, this is their website:
    http://shrikrishnablessing.weebly.com/
    You can learn how to contact for purchases through the site and forum.
    This seller doesn't sell beads per se, no. Eventually when they have their own mature trees they might, but the seller offers a way to purchase verified fertile seeds in the shell from the Hawaiian groves - making them Nepal variety and not Java. I've had a few exchanges with the seller, who is more of a 3rd party and who really doesn't charge much at all, and I feel they are trustworthy enough to try in the coming season. But this seller is probably not useful for your purposes, unless you're interested in growing.
    If the beads sold online are coming from India then I assume it's best to deal with Rudra Centre. The individual at the Academy mentioned RudraGems so I am guessing that is their wholesaler.
    Perhaps, but there are other sellers than Rudra Center and the prices there aren't so good that I would see them being a wholesale supplier. From what I have read about the business, Neetaji says she found her own wholesale sources and imports some of them herself.

RudraGems is something of a find! Very nice prices! I could see that place being a wholesaler, sure.

I am touched by the story about your niece. I truly wish everything goes well with her. May God heal her and destroy her worries.
    Thank you for your kind words. She is doing very well, one more year and her oncologist says she will be considered "cured". She is an amazing girl and will be an amazing woman.
    I will update everyone once I get more information. Hopefully this will help everyone in the future. The more we know and pool our experiences together the more likely we are to receive genuine and quality Rudraksha. It is very hard to determine who the best seller especially in a market like India.
    I agree, and I hope you do update. It would be very helpful I think.

May I ask, why the focus on a 14-Mukh? Does it have a specific property you need? I tend to agree with EMji and feel that if I am in need of a specific kind then I will find it. So then perhaps you will find what you need at a price that fits your budget, I hope that is so.

I am very excited as today I received a new order of fruits. My order was placed just as they ran out of stock so it waited 2 weeks for a new shipment to come in, and these are some of the largest I have seen since I started ordering them. There are some smaller ones too, but many are larger than I have gotten before and they are also most definitely fresher, not as dry. I am so looking forward to uncovering them, 5 are soaking already. =D

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namastey all,

Now people around the world accept the power and benefits of rudraksha. This sacred beads work to remove the negative effects wherein 3 mukhi rudraksha is specifically helpful in restraining bad effects of past karma.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Namaste,

It is very interesting topic for discussion. I believe in astrology and i want to share some good experience. I found this website (http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/) when i was searching for rudraksha mala.
    rudraksha-ratna is best place to purchase rudraksha. It is my own experience. I like their articles and products.

Thread Information