Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we feel so bad when we see when someone cries ??

Re: Why do we feel so bad when we see when someone cries ??

Quote Originally Posted by dockrishna View Post
    Namashkar....
    But Krishna says in Gita, "O Arjuna, he who engages his organs of action in Karma-Yoga, Without attachment, he excels (3.7) ".
    "Performing the action without attachment, man reaches the Supreme (3.17) '.I'm confused..
    Namaste doc, Good point.
    One acquires that desirable quality of nonattachment through ‘hardening process’ over a period of time. The emergency workers who pervade earthquakes, tsunamis and the like especially the first responders of disasters, are the worst affected and the toll on them is most brutal. This is dayaguna. As a matter of fact physicians are somewhat lucky, once they become very proficient with their skills and thus remain very vigilant and proactive, then the potential guilt can be completely avoided and for sure can get their resolve much more strengthened to put a fellow human out of his misery in such future encounters. The sinking feeling, an impediment of sorts, becomes transient to nonexistent in few years time. Giving everything one has is the key to get over it quickly.

Sadly disaster workers cannot get to that stage ever, they have an in between intervening disaster free ‘good life’ that completely erases their acquired toughness, they have to start all over again eachtime, my heart goes out for them. Would meditation help them, maybe...I must point out that the detachment krishna was advocating is somewhat different to what I talked about (hardening process), they are similar but not same in degree. Krishna was alluding to any and every action we undertake we ought to keep away from thinking about the fruits of action which is a whole different matter altogether!!om shanti.
    Last edited by charitra; 23 April 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
    Dear Rajputistan, you are in such tender age,why looking all things in fundamentalist angle ? i am seriously afraid that you are being fed with such negative thoughts by some kind of propaganda or you are in company of such negative elements. with a topic discussion on the love and mercy aspect of supreme lord,how can such thought arise in your mind ? always practice positive and divine in everything.

Don't worry. Nobody can fed me anything easily. What ever I say is due to my experiment. This is fed to me by Adi Shankaracharaya. This is the truth of human physiology. And yes I'm not a fundamentalist. I'm anti-fanatic. I don't like the fanatism. @ my age: I'm nationalist/hindu revivalist, supports the thought of a super power Hindu nation who's influence would be even more than the Anciet India. So just as other students prepare for there career, so I'm also doing that.

And do you know the 16 year olds in ancient India know the whole vedas and were masters of many arts. Best University professors of today are like elementary school students for them. So I don't want to remain backward just because I'm born at the Westernized India.

Also if we ignore things, nothing good would happen. We have to recognize our enemies so we can fight them. Our enemies are these religious fundamentalists, no matter what religion they follow. They have killed millions of innocent people. What do you think they have equal EQ like us? Definitely not. These people have not affection for anybody outside their religion. Don't you think its true?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté doc-kṛṣṇa

Quote Originally Posted by dockrishna View Post
    Namashkar....

Thank you for the reply sir. So as per the message what i understood is we suffer when others suffer because there is no break or pause between ourselves and others, implying that we are attached / connected. Correct me if i'm wrong.

But Krishna says in Gita, "O Arjuna, he who engages his organs of action in Karma-Yoga, Without attachment, he excels (3.7) ".
    "Performing the action without attachment, man reaches the Supreme (3.17) '.
    Practically speaking when we feel the pain of the patient as of our own, we deliver better service to ameliorate their pain/suffering/disease.

So, if we are connected/ attached , is this attachment/ connection going to be detrimental for me or does it serve in the other way ??? I'm confused..
    The Dali Lama makes it simple for me to comprehend; Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

How can this pain be inevitable ? We are in a human body - it experiences all the opposites nature has to offer. Hence the mechanical body breaks, and from that pain arises.
    Yet this suffering is that of the quality of the mind. Here the suffering is optional. It is based upon impressions. For those advanced, these impressions are not part of their composure - they come in for an instant, just to experience the surroundings then this ~impression~ is gone. This is where the compassion comes , the empathy. Enough of an impression to comprehend the human condtion, yet not enough to cause the slightest suffering for those that are possessed of the Self.

That is why it is so practical to advance in one's spiritual puruits. These vāsana-s¹ as they are called are relinquished over time.

More if there is interest.

praṇām

words
    vāsana - 'causing to abide or dwell' ; an impression. In 'ignornace' they remain within the mind. For the enlightened that are like a roasted seed , not able to germinate, and are no more.

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information