Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In All Things

Re: In All Things

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
    You think christianity as taught by Jesus is a bigoted desert cult? Jesus only said - "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me". When Jesus was speaking, he was talking from the universal consciousness (Self) and the "I" used here is not that of the empirical ego. It was not a sectarian message at all, but people took Jesus as a person and his "I" as some sort of sectarian "I". The message only meant that "The Real I is the way, the truth and life and no one comes to it without its knowledge". In the hands of selfish wordly men who themselves have no experiences of Jesus, the message has been distorted and packaged as a desert cult.
    This is the way I read the testaments about Jesus also. I do not believe that one has to be born in India or born into Hinduism to realize Self. The truth is attainable by all seekers and of those who attain it , few reach out to teach. Jesus was one such guru. But current day religion of Christianity is anything but what Jesus preached.

Having said that, I also believe that the scriptures of Hinduism is one of the best ways to understand what Jesus was trying to preach. Current day Christian preachings borrow heavily from old testament - which is nothing but a hateful tribal literature.
    Last edited by Seeker; 24 April 2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    This is the way I read the testaments about Jesus also. I do not believe that one has to be born in India or born into Hinduism to realize Self. The truth is attainable by all seekers and of those who attain it , few reach out to teach. Jesus was one such guru. But current day religion of Christianity is anything but what Jesus preached..
    Let us see. The goal of Christianity is to lead a life of religous merit so that when you die you can go to Heaven and live happily forever with God. How can this in anyway compare with realizing the Self/attaing the truth while living?

cool story bro

Thread Information