Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hindu Dharma is incomparable!

Hindu Dharma is incomparable!

I'm very proud that I am a Hindu! We are entirely different society. Our culture and civilization goes beyond 10,000 years. Sanskrit, the most Ancient language is the most scientific one. This proves the involvement of God in creation of Sanskrit.

All the western definitions fail here. We are not a religion, we are dharma. Christians think hell is evil and there man get punishment. But Hindus say hell is to purify our soul, so that we are unaffected by most bad karma of our past life(but yeah, if you repeatedly do some bad karma again and again then you would get punishment in next birth, you may also have to restart the development process from tree to human(millions of yonis :P ).
    We built the system of navigation, 98% of discoveries done by Europe but we never used them, I think masters of Sanskrit along with scientists must study Vedas and other Sanskrit scientific scriptures. Our script, Brahmi is the oldest phonetic script though we Indians loved to rote.
    Akhand Bharat is from Afghanistan to Philippines and from Tibet and Yunnan to Mauritius. This is akhand bharat.

Proud to be Hindu an Indian.

Edit:
    We have the largest pagan system of more than 1000 gods. It is the most widely practiced pagan religion. And also it is the oldest major way of worship(can't use the world religion :P) in the world with oldest Swastika and some idols dating 10000 years. Another thing which make our pagan unique is that we still believe that there is one God and all this pagan is the various forms of him. We are able to see these forms through the power of Aum. How our culture and theory of God is! No civilization was ever anything in comparison to us and would never be.
    Last edited by rajputistan; 24 April 2011 at 05:52 PM.

nitinsharma Guest

Re: Hindu Dharma is incomparable!

Quote Originally Posted by rajputistan View Post
    I'm very proud that I am a Hindu! We are entirely different society. Our culture and civilization goes beyond 10,000 years. Sanskrit, the most Ancient language is the most scientific one. This proves the involvement of God in creation of Sanskrit.

All the western definitions fail here. We are not a religion, we are dharma. Christians think hell is evil and there man get punishment. But Hindus say hell is to purify our soul, so that we are unaffected by most bad karma of our past life(but yeah, if you repeatedly do some bad karma again and again then you would get punishment in next birth, you may also have to restart the development process from tree to human(millions of yonis :P ).
    We built the system of navigation, 98% of discoveries done by Europe but we never used them, I think masters of Sanskrit along with scientists must study Vedas and other Sanskrit scientific scriptures. Our script, Brahmi is the oldest phonetic script though we Indians loved to rote.
    Akhand Bharat is from Afghanistan to Philippines and from Tibet and Yunnan to Mauritius. This is akhand bharat.

Proud to be Hindu an Indian.
    Too true,but I get the impression that you are either unaware of or somehow forgot about THE PAGANS.
    Last edited by nitinsharma; 24 April 2011 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitinsharma View Post
    Too true,but I get the impression that you are either unaware of or somehow forgot about THE PAGANS.
    Oops! I just forgot to mention that. We have the most unique Pagan system.

Heh, I wouldn't use the word "pagan" to describe us. But otherwise I agree completely. I too am proud of being Indian and Hindu for the same reasons.

nitinsharma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rajputistan View Post
    Oops! I just forgot to mention that. We have the most unique Pagan system.
    No,you get me wrong.What I meant to say is that,Hindu Dharma while definitely the most unique,it is definitely comparable.This is where the pagans come in.

Ours is not a Pagan religion...maybe for you...

Namaste,

I agree with Eriko. I wouldn't class the worship of the Devas as the same thing as modern day Paganism, even if they do like to include worship of Shiva, Ganesha and Shakti.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste,

I agree with Eriko. I wouldn't class the worship of the Devas as the same thing as modern day Paganism, even if they do like to include worship of Shiva, Ganesha and Shakti.

Om namah Shivaya
    That's why I have mentioned that we believe there is one God and we can see different forms through the power of Aum.

That's why Hinduism is incomparable.

1. Narka notequals Hell.

2. Swarge notequals Haven.

3.Deva notequals God nor Pagan. As the definition of God(by Christian) is stupid and not scientific.

4. nor Devas means Pagan as Pagan are just personification of natural forces not forms of supreme God.

5. Dharma notequals Religion.

And many more :P

There is nothing inherently wrong with paganism, for some people. The conflict of opinion arises because “pagan” is used as an umbrella term to categorise any religion which is not understood or fails to follow one’s own religion which is seen as superior. The word pagan has been used like “Barbarian” was used by the Romans to refer to any foreign people and I feel this is where the difference of opinion lies.

The fact that some devas or deities are not understood is a problem for us and I feel it lies from critiques drawing a conclusion much too soon. From having read scripture in more depth it is evident to me that the deities are often a special way to examine that which operates under its own inertia. This is an acute and logical explanation even c5000 years ago. We find the sun (Sūrya), moon (Chandra), wind (Vāyu) and even our voice (Vāc) appeared to be deities operating under their own will. This too I feel can be understood in perspective, when Sri Krishna indicates that worshipping any deity results in worshiping Him, for even the parts are Him.( e.g. Chapter 7.21 -22 in The Bhagavad Gita).

As for nationalism and a sense of pride, one might keep check as to if "you have ideas or if ideas have you".

Thread Information