Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The incomparability of Hinduism

Re: The incomparability of Hinduism

If you say so, up without down....etc, your idea of reality has a seer and the seen. Then it has to be dualistic and not 'the one' reality.
    But actually, the reality is ONE and it is mere existence. How can one see the seer?
    I think ur idea of reality is an object filling the gap.like saying There is only 'one' star in the sky and that is reality. But who is the one seeing the star?
    Last edited by SOV; 10 May 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Existence cannot "exist" without non-existence both of which are inherent properties of reality. Just like you cannot have up without down, you cannot have sound without no-sound. The inseparability of the two are beyond comprehension of the mind, that's why many spiritual teachers teach that in order to realize the truth, one must stop trying to realize, because attempting to, in and of itself defeats the purpose.
    ....because there does not exist anything to realise. This is pure Buddhism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    so maybe you want to change your username?
    No i will not change my user name,but i may change to vaishnava sadhu
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Existence cannot "exist" without non-existence both of which are inherent properties of reality. Just like you cannot have up without down, you cannot have sound without no-sound. The inseparability of the two are beyond comprehension of the mind, that's why many spiritual teachers teach that in order to realize the truth, one must stop trying to realize, because attempting to, in and of itself defeats the purpose.
    The above analogy is totally out of context to real meaning of advita. existence can"t be without non-existence???
    Dear,non-existence is itself a existence! dont look at non-existence in materialistic realm where non-existence is actually emptiness.

There is past,future,no creation or dstruction.its only huge presence and only existence.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SOV View Post
    If you say so, up without down....etc, your idea of reality has a seer and the seen. Then it has to be dualistic and not 'the one' reality.
    But actually, the reality is ONE and it is mere existence. How can one see the seer?
    I think ur idea of reality is an object filling the gap.like saying There is only 'one' star in the sky and that is reality. But who is the one seeing the star?

It's not dualistic, because they are inseparable. A wave cannot exist without a trough. I don't understand your metaphor regarding the star.

A star only exists because there is a background and empty space to contrast it.

I think this video sums up my belief that there is a unification in these apparently different beliefs. Starting around 6:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmW3...feature=relmfu

Oh boy!

I see a tree, branches separated geographically and temporally. Each one supporting the other in its own special way.

I should like to suggest that, an understanding of the four stages of sound may reveal to us that all philosophy's originate in Prana taking the form that Ishvara, Prakriti impose. To be seen and then transposed to word by seers who them selves are just petals on the flowers of a tree whos nectar we may consume so that the tree may grow further.

To make comparison is to compare one branch of a tree to another. What of its roots and the water that it drinks?
    Are the fruit not all of a kind?

To cling so tightly to one branch so as to deny the benefit of the rest are we not trying to reassure our selves of its very existence, to free our selves from doubt?

Aum Shakti.

Iain

Thread Information