Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaiva Puranas Tamasic?

Re: Shaiva Puranas Tamasic?

Quote Originally Posted by Baobobtree View Post
    I don't know why ISKCON always gets signalled out as having overly secterian techings, when other Vaishnava sects teach the same.
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Om Namo Narayana
    Because they are the organization whose leader was Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's predicted senapati bhakta - who would help spread Harinam Sankirtan worldwide - as per the prediction

And being senapatis they apparantly were very open about the teachings

praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Vannakkam: Is this the Saiva forum, the Vaishnava forum, or the ISKCON forum?

Aum Namasivaya

3. Re: Shaiva Puranas Tamasic?

Brahma Vishnu Shiv trio are equal and anyone who disrespect even one can not achieve the Truth.

Check

Parshuram was the incarnation of Vishnu, but he was a Shaiv, a Devotee of Shiva who get everything from Shiva.

Hanuman was the incarnation of Shiva, but he was a Vaishnav, a devotee of Ram the another incarnation of Vishnu, and Hanuman use his Shaiv Powers to serve Ram.

Anyone who disrespect one among them, automatically disrespect another.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Is this the Saiva forum, the Vaishnava forum, or the ISKCON forum?
    This is a Pro Shiva forum but not anti Vaishnav
    हर हर महादेव
    जय श्री राम
    Last edited by PARAM; 09 May 2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: edit
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Because they are the organization whose leader was Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's predicted senapati bhakta - who would help spread Harinam Sankirtan worldwide - as per the prediction

And being senapatis they apparantly were very open about the teachings

praNAm

I am not sure about ISKCON, because I believe in Gaudiya Vaishnavism, and I am from SCS Math (Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math), not from ISKCON. I follow the teachings propagated by our parama-guru, Srila Sridhar Maharaj.

That being said, continue on with the conversation! :P

"Only by providence have I been forcibly brought under Your lotus feet and deprived of all my opulence. Because of the illusion created by temporary opulence, people in general, who live under material conditions, facing accidental death at every moment, do not understand that this life is temporary. Only by providence have I been saved from that condition."

-- Bali Maharaja

Quote Originally Posted by Baobobtree View Post
    Personally I regard Shiva and Vishnu as being two different forms of the same supreme being, but this debate has gone on for thousands of years, and I see no resolve to it any time soon. Many Vaishnavas regard Shiva as Vishnu's greastest devotee,many Shaivas regard Vishnu as Shiva's greatest devotee, and Advaitans see the two as being one. We should learn to tolerate and accept these different views as having their own place in the Hindu tradition.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Om Namo Narayana
    HAH! Over my dead body!!

And my reincarnated ones too! XD

Vaishnava Dharma will always be my Dharma, in this life in the next, and no one can take that away from me!

"Only by providence have I been forcibly brought under Your lotus feet and deprived of all my opulence. Because of the illusion created by temporary opulence, people in general, who live under material conditions, facing accidental death at every moment, do not understand that this life is temporary. Only by providence have I been saved from that condition."

-- Bali Maharaja

HARI-BOL !!

Very nicely put Baobobtree-ji !

I wish there could be HARMONY IN DIVERSITY

JAYDEV

Quote Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
    HARI-BOL !!

Very nicely put Baobobtree-ji !

I wish there could be HARMONY IN DIVERSITY

JAYDEV
    Don't we all wish for that? It breaks my heart every time people start tossing around slurs about how other people worship.

Vaishnava Dharma is beautiful but so is Shaiva Dharma and Shakta Dharma, all in their own unique ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Kala View Post
    Don't we all wish for that? It breaks my heart every time people start tossing around slurs about how other people worship.

Vaishnava Dharma is beautiful but so is Shaiva Dharma and Shakta Dharma, all in their own unique ways.
    Vannakkam Divine Kala et al: In today's age of pointing out differences, it is definitely a challenge, yet a worthy goal.

One of the contributing factors is just being used to a particular way, and not knowing of other ways or religions within Sanatana Dharma. Its a natural outcome to be loyal to that which you are familiar with. We all have an affinity for our own culture, whether it be aboriginal, Spanish, Korean, or Bengali. Its natural to feel comfort within one's learned field.

On the other hand, exploration and exposure to other things and ways leads to more harmony. Still another challenge is to not mix it all up too much, so there is nothing left. Imagine a wonderful feast of various curries, and other favorite foods. What happens if we place them all: sweets, sours, spicy ones, etc. and mix them in one large cauldron. We come up with this huge gooey mess, not appetizing at all.

I think it helps to forget where you came from for a moment when dealing with faiths within Hinduism outside your own. Nothing annoys other's more than the guy who needs to compare everything to his home. "Oh yes that is a nice mountain, but back in my country, there is this more beautiful mountain."

Its a challenge we all can arise to with some effort. Appreciation is a different concept than taking ownership of.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Harinama

Vaishnava Dharma will always be my Dharma, in this life in the next, and no one can take that away from me!
    I am not asking you to givie up Vaishnava Dharma, just to respect the dharma of Shaivas, Shaktas, Advaitans etc. while simultaneously practicing one's own unique religion.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Om Namo Narayana

Vannakkam: It (believing one will be reborn into the same sampradaya) does beg an interesting question. To what degree are we actually able to control this? Since it is the soul that reincarnates, does the soul continue with the same awareness it has in this body now? Would the law of karma see to it that a basher of other religions gets born into those very same religions just because of the karma he/she has created?

I often think that chauvinist men are quite likely destined to be women in their next lives.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information