Thread: Prasadam: the cure for meat-eating!

Prasadam: the cure for meat-eating!

I'm being a little tongue-in-cheek here, lol. However, as a Vaishnava, since we are only to eat prasadam, or food offered to Lord Vishnu, we are given leave to eat as much of it as we can. Not in the sense of gluttony, but that rather we can utilise our lust of taste into engaging it in the Lord's service.

Prasadasura knows the way!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1GCrooaUDw Even the Prasadam Monster can have Krishna-prasadam!

And of course, this cheesy old school prasadam rap makes me hungry all the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UflBJDjJVpI

Kulfi, ras malai, kachoris, panir sabji, kofta balls, rasgullahs, gulab jamuns, fresh sandesh, mmmmm!! Don't forget pizza, pasta, homemade burritos, cornbread and a veggie chili, pancit canton, etc. If one is engaged in only eating Krishna-prasadam, one has no time to eat the flesh of other animals, and one is purified from all karmic reactions.

"Only by providence have I been forcibly brought under Your lotus feet and deprived of all my opulence. Because of the illusion created by temporary opulence, people in general, who live under material conditions, facing accidental death at every moment, do not understand that this life is temporary. Only by providence have I been saved from that condition."

-- Bali Maharaja

2. Re: Prasadam: the cure for meat-eating!

Nice Post

My favorite is Chocolate, and yes Milk

Chocolate cake (home made)
    Paneer, Lassi, Curd, Cream, Butter etc all Milk Products, but take care real milk and not taken in wrong way.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Re: Prasadam: the cure for meat-eating!

Chocolate milk prasadam sounds lovely.

I think that being conscious of what we eat and the idea of eating the sanctified food of the Lord makes vegetarianism a whole lot easier. Especially with bhakti-yoga, why would one wish to, except for certain situations, offer prepackaged foodstuffs such as instant noodles or Kraft Dinner when one can acquire the skills to make opulent prasadam for the Lord's enjoyment?

"Only by providence have I been forcibly brought under Your lotus feet and deprived of all my opulence. Because of the illusion created by temporary opulence, people in general, who live under material conditions, facing accidental death at every moment, do not understand that this life is temporary. Only by providence have I been saved from that condition."

-- Bali Maharaja

Thread Information