Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post vegetarian dish pics here!!

Re: Post vegetarian dish pics here!!

All of this round food makes me think of perogies -

And gyoza -

You can find the wrappers in most grocery stores and fill them with cheese. Make sure you check the ingredients - not all of the empanada, perogy and won-ton, gyoza or egg-roll wrappers are vegetarian.

A really simple dinner is to take whole organic milk, lemon juice and the wrappers above. Heat the milk just under boiling and add lemon juice. Collect the curds, press them in cheese cloth. Add to the wrapper and fry or boil. Makes a pretty good Ravioli, too.

Indraneela, I used to make vegetarian pancit canton very often for devotees before, LOL. I just loved how simple it is to make it. XD And I don't think I've ever had puto maya before... it must be a regional specialty~!

Water, I just make my own empanadas, perogies and gyoza, lol. The only wrappers I use are the spring roll ones, because there's no way I'm going through that trouble just to do that. XD And that idea of using fresh curd to make ravioli is ingenious! I must do that some day.

Let's try a samosa now...

Potatoey goodness with red tamarind chutney... so delicious!

"Only by providence have I been forcibly brought under Your lotus feet and deprived of all my opulence. Because of the illusion created by temporary opulence, people in general, who live under material conditions, facing accidental death at every moment, do not understand that this life is temporary. Only by providence have I been saved from that condition."

-- Bali Maharaja

Falafel

ISKCON's akShaya pAtra project
    http://www.akshayapatra.org/centralized-kitchen-gallery

annadAnam at Dharmasthala
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vDlucLIIbo
    http://www.shridharmasthala.org/pages/annadaana.html

Is there any such initiative in the West for free public feeding?
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    ISKCON's akShaya pAtra project
    http://www.akshayapatra.org/centralized-kitchen-gallery

annadAnam at Dharmasthala
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vDlucLIIbo
    http://www.shridharmasthala.org/pages/annadaana.html

Is there any such initiative in the West for free public feeding?
    Yes, but on a smaller scale. ISKCON has their 'Food For Life' program which feeds vegan prasada to different cities, for a small fee for university and college students, or for free amongst the homeless.

They are the only feeding program that feeds people internationally with vegetarian food, let alone prasada. They went down during the earthquake in Haiti and fed thousands of people Krishna-prasada.

"Only by providence have I been forcibly brought under Your lotus feet and deprived of all my opulence. Because of the illusion created by temporary opulence, people in general, who live under material conditions, facing accidental death at every moment, do not understand that this life is temporary. Only by providence have I been saved from that condition."

-- Bali Maharaja

Karma-free pancakes!

-- Bali Maharaja

7. Re: Post vegetarian dish pics here!!

What about Besan Laddu

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Vannakkam: Wow. I'm beginning to realise what a fussy eater I am. There are 4 things I personally really can't handle regarding diet.

1) too much sugar ... I feel ill from one can of soda
    2) too much oil ... same feeling
    3) too much white ... either bread, or rice
    4) too much food at once

So although a certain picture may look appetising to one person, another can be totally grossed out by it.

Aum Namasivaya

Namast,

EM, I'm much the same as you in terms of food intolerances...a while back I tried to make this thread healthier by making a long post about the best vegetable existing upon this planet (OKRA), and not once, but twice, it was eaten by various computer errors on my end.

I thought of this thread again tonight, though, when I came across this recipe. I was watching videos of the cook making vadai and moong dal dosa, and then came across her recipe for, unbelievably, bread pakoras! Battered deep-fried white bread!

Sometimes it's easy to forget that "vegetarian" doesn't equal "anything I want to eat, as long as it doesn't have meat". Technically one could be vegetarian and live on a diet of French fries, chips, and Coke, though it's certainly committing harm to oneself at that point...

Well, one more post of not-so-healthy food and then I'll try to revisit that okra post. I had some chaat papri at the Punjab Pavilion last night (Folklorama - one of Winnipeg's best festivals IMHO), and was inspired to look at food pictures and recipes anew.

Chaat papri: Crispy wafers, chickpeas and potatoes, yogurt sauce, tamarind chutney, and spices. The Folklorama version also came with raw red onions. Yum!

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

chaat!! mmm... so delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post

Chaat papri: Crispy wafers, chickpeas and potatoes, yogurt sauce, tamarind chutney, and spices. The Folklorama version also came with raw red onions. Yum!

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.
    satay

Thread Information