Thread: Announcement:I am again a Sri Vaishnava.

Announcement:I am again a Sri Vaishnava.

Namaste all.
    I must confess that I leaved Sri Vaishnavism because of my ego and material desires of mine.
    By reading the questions at http://www.srivaishnavan.com/faq_iswara.html and the answers and the answers at http://www.srivaishnavan.com/ans_iswara.html#1 I can't deny that Lord Vishnu/Narayana is really the true God of Vedes and hindu scriptures in general.
    My decision of leaving Sri Vaishnavism was caused even by my ignorance about Upanishad.
    I decided to be again a Sri Vaishnava.I am sorry about the bad things that I said in Hindudharmaforums about vaishnava religion.That words of mine were caused by my ignorance about Upanishad and hindu religion in general.
    I am sorry that my computer is damaged now.I saved many hindu texts(including almost all Upanishads in it).One day I will buy a new computer.It is very old.But first I will make repair my actual computer.As you know I have access to Internet though a pubblic computer.
    I saved many vaishnava stotras in some CDs.
    In these days I will can just to do much Rama-Nama.
    And I will can read a book copy of Bhagavad-Gita.I have buyed one some months ago.When I will be payed again in the place where I work I will buy the Bhagavad-Gita with commentary by Srimad Ramanuja Acharya.
    My journey toward Vaikuntha has restarted.But I am aware that this journey will be very much long.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Re: Announcement:I am again a Sri Vaishnava.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God View Post
    Namaste all.
    I must confess that I leaved Sri Vaishnavism because of my ego and material desires of mine.
    namaste orlando,
    Thank you for sharing with us. I wish you all the best in your journey.

My limited understanding of sanatana dharma is that based on our karma we get attracted to a specific nature of Bhagwan.

I get the impression from your post that you are being too hard on yourself.

The degree at which you show your interest in dharma and dharmic way of life in general, especially at this very young age is something that I admire a lot.

Good Luck.
    satay

I decided to be again a Sri Vaishnava.I am sorry about the bad things that I said in Hindudharmaforums about vaishnava religion.That words of mine were caused by my ignorance about Upanishad and hindu religion in general.
    Namaste Orlando,

I know you’ve been shopping around to find the right branch within Hinduism, and you’re quite sincere in your efforts. Each one of us has certain inclinations, and based on those we each choose to follow Hindu Dharma differently. Hinduism has provided us with so many different paths, and that is what makes Hinduism so unique. If you’ve found Sri Vaishnavism to be perfect for you, I’m really happy for you. Good luck with your dharmic journey .

OM Shanti,
    A.

Why not just stick being Orlando and search the truth inside?

Those who claim to know the true God based on analysis of
    scriptures know very little...I'm personally convinced of this
    atleast.

In some more mystic traditions the stage of analysis of scripture
    comes only after one has attained a true realization through
    intense sadhna.

A mere intellectual analysis of mighty scriptural realizations
    with peanut brains and worse advocating others about what
    is the truth can only be a barrier to truth.

All this if truth is what u are after. If getting recruited under
    a dogma is what u seek, this doesn't apply.

These are just my humble realizations as of now, thought of
    sharing with u as u seem to switch between traditions rather
    often. While this means u are a true seeker, but I aslo feel u
    read and analyse too much. Why not take that time to meditate
    or do puja and follow the heart. As a vaishnav it might help
    more to spend the time chanting lords name, than spending
    too much effort and time to prove that vaishnavism is the
    true essence of upanisads.

I can assure you any branch of sanatana dharma can take u
    up the path so much that u can find your own way to ultimate
    truth from there. Starting to analyse about turth when u are
    not prepared to start the journey won't help.

Intention here is not to criticize your changing back to sri vaishnavism.
    Just a few points what I felt applies to you. If u feel otherwise,
    don't worry about my words. I have a bad habit of sounding rude.
    Last edited by sm78; 20 December 2006 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    As a vaishnav it might help
    more to spend the time chanting lords name, than spending
    too much effort and time to prove that vaishnavism is the
    true essence of upanisads.
    I am afraid that you misunderstood the following words of mine:
    My decision of leaving Sri Vaishnavism was caused even by my ignorance about Upanishad.
    Actually I was talking about the fact that I did't believe that in order to obtain Moksha one must leave all material desires and wish and love only Brahman.Such teaching is founde in Katha Upanishad but since I began to read such Upanishad only some weeks ago,I didn't know the teachings of such Upanishad.

Sudarshan told me something about Katha Upanishad.
    By http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...p?t=428&page=2

Quote:
    All I can tell you is, you are seeking something that fits your desires. In Katha Upanishad, the situation has been discussed, the issue is always between choosing the good and the pleasant. If you choose the good, you go up. If you choose the plesant you go down. The world, with all its charm in various ways is always waiting to pounce on you with plesantaries. The true spiritualist will discriminate and go up. DISCRIMINATION is the key.
    Anyone who teaches you otherwise is pulling you down - the choice is yours!

BTW, you have ignored all my comments and taken the last word out of context. This is the central teaching of Katha Upanishad, of Lord Yama to Nachiketas. This has nothing to do with Srivaishnavism.Oh, you no longer beleive in Upanishads because they dont meet your expectations, eh?

Some weeks ago I found such Upanishad at http://www.advaita.it/library/katha.htm
    I did read such Upanishad totally at least once.
    But I did read 1-I,1-II and 1-III about three or four times.

I found Katha Upanishad very enlighting.

In order to explain better what I mean I will open a new thread in Scriptures section.

Regards,
    Orlando.

I am afraid that you misunderstood the following words of mine:
    may be I was, but i thought u said the following:-

By reading the questions at http://www.srivaishnavan.com/faq_iswara.html and the answers and the answers at http://www.srivaishnavan.com/ans_iswara.html#1 I can't deny that Lord Vishnu/Narayana is really the true God of Vedes and hindu scriptures in general.
    With all due regards and respect, I don't think u or any of us can accept or deny truth of who is God by reading a particular analysis of few lines of scriptures.

I also think persons who spend most of their time preaching such analysis of scriptures know nothing about God or Truth. My view ofcourse.

By the way the Katha Upanisad which u have quoted also says the following:-

1-II-8. This (Self), if taught by an inferior person, is not easily comprehended, for It is variously thought of. Unless taught by another (who is a perceiver of non-difference) there is no way (of comprehending It), for It is not arguable and is subtler than subtlety.

The parts u have highlighted are also very insightful.

Dearest Orlando,

Welcome back - I've missed your posts.

Just curious - what happened to your studies with the Master Course from the Himalayan Academy?

I too am returning to Lord Vishnu in the form of Sri Krishna. I found the Master Course to be enlighteneing but more metaphysical than anything else. I am pursuing my studies with it however because it does state some of the basic tenets of the Hindu faith.

Best of luck on your continuing journey.

Clayton

Thread Information