Thread: Ganesh milk miracle

Hybrid View

Ganesh milk miracle

Was anyone there to see it (on this forum)? In videos I saw milk dribbling down the murtis front. What did you see, do you believe it?

Saying that my faith does not depend on the answer just curiosity

Re: Ganesh milk miracle

Vannakkam Rudy: It happened here but I didn't go. I'd say 90% or more of the Hindus here in my city went. There was a huge lineup and ado, which is more or less why I didn't go. That kind of buzz about something normal (to me) just isn't my cup of tea. I saw it as no big deal, but then I had previous 'experience' with the murthy here that I won't go into.

I took it as Ganesha proving to some doubters that he existed as a real Being, but since I didn't need proof, it wasn't necessary I go.

It happened. Over four gallons of milk disappeared here. Then, just as suddenly as it started, it stopped. I think there are a few more stories on line if you google it.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

I can see why some long-time Ganesha devotees like EM would see the milk miracle as being a big hullabaloo, but seeing as all this happened before I myself began to pray to and worship Ganesha I would be lying if I didn't say I felt even just a little bit curious about the whole thing. Prior to my reading of the milk miracle, I had no idea Ganesha loved drinking milk so much! Now I always offer it to Him every time I perform puja.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Hari Om!

Didn't see it myself - live that is. I do believe however. Ganesha performs miracles for many in many different forms, but some need proof, or in this case to see to believe.

The dribbling of milk can be explained if need be as such. Have you ever fed a baby? Try getting it to eat the entire spoonful and you end up with much of it dribbling down the front of the babies mouth. Did he not eat the food? Yes, some, just not the entire portion. It was too much too fast. Even the biggest appetite has its limits.

Jai Ganeshaya Namaha!

Om Namah Sivaya!

C.smith: It would be hard to feed someone who's lips don't move

From what I've seen, it wasn't a miracle, more like the milk pouring down the statue when in contact and not spottable since the milk poured around a large area in a murti already covered in milk. I haven't tested yet to make sure, but I find these miracles a bit silly, sounds like those Christian miracles filled with wishful thinking.

The real miracle is why do I feel that much better when I chant Ganesha's name? Nothing will ever explain that scientifically, therefore, that's the living miracle right there.

Thread Information