Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ganesh milk miracle

Re: Ganesh milk miracle

To dismiss a miracle is the height of human arrogance. It is hubris to think we know everything there is to know about the universe, physics, and whether miracles occur or not. There is too much we can't see, know or understand. However, I do have a problem with Virgin Mary or Jesus grilled cheese sandwiches.

I did not see the Sri Ganesha murthi miracle but I heard about long before I fully became Hindu. I did not doubt it then, nor do I doubt it now. And not because I'm some brand new overly zealous convert. I've always believed that there is more to the universe than meets the eye.

It's disputed who said this (sometimes attributed to Arthur C. Clarke), but it's a true statement: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we can imagine".
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    To dismiss a miracle is the height of human arrogance. It is hubris to think we know everything there is to know about the universe, physics, and whether miracles occur or not. There is too much we can't see, know or understand. However, I do have a problem with Virgin Mary or Jesus grilled cheese sandwiches.

I did not see the Sri Ganesha murthi miracle but I heard about long before I fully became Hindu. I did not doubt it then, nor do I doubt it now. And not because I'm some brand new overly zealous convert. I've always believed that there is more to the universe than meets the eye.

It's disputed who said this (sometimes attributed to Arthur C. Clarke), but it's a true statement: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we can imagine".
    Namaste TBTL,

Miracles are not a very rare thing in India. If you are lucky, you sometime or the other come into contact with someone genuine who can do miracles. I myself am testimony to some miracles that I witnessed in my childhood. The strangest of the miracles I saw was performed by an Aghori. I remember it was summer time and I was just returning back from my school ... it must be around 4 O' clock in the afternoon. I saw this Aghori sitting at the doorstep of our house. He was saying something to my mother. After a while he said that he would get her some Ganga water from Lord Shiva's jatA. We were surprised. He took my mother's aanchal/pallu (the free end of Saree which my mother was wearing) and started twisting it as if trying to squeeze out some water from it. Soon there was a tiny steady stream of water flowing from the twisted cloth ! He asked us to collect in a bowl. We tasted the water ... it was pure drinking water !!

However, when Ganesha was drinking milk, I was posted in Guwahati (the North eastern part of India). Everyone was running to some temple/house to offer milk to Lord Ganesha. My wife and I too went to a temple & offered milk. The milk did get disappear but I was not satisfied ... possibility of capillary action etc. kept my doubtful of the whole phenomenon. There was a metallic statue in my house too. I offered him milk ... of much better quality than I offered at the temple (as near the temple people sold milk mixed with water, here in my house I offered him pure milk without water). However, Ganesh ji was not at all impressed with the quality of milk ... he refused to drink it. I tried and tried again ... but couldn't succeed. Finally I thought that perhaps he might be feeling shy of drinking milk in front of me ... so I left the milk in front of him telling him that he might take it when I was gone from there. I opened the Puja room in the morning only to find that my milk was still untouched ! I was so sad !!

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

That is a very very sweet story Devotee!

Every morning a miracle happen in my house. I always serve Beloved first and serve him very fat cinnamon brown sugar waffles with very much butter on them! Well...he never seem to eat these.

So to be sure he gets my Love I take and make another dozen of these fat buttery and absolutely yummy waffle and give them to my lil Portions here I have been given duty to care for...and you know what?

Everytime a miracle happen! The house get very quiet and no children rushing or being difficult such Peace happens!...and then every waffle disappear!

Very wonderful!

If Beloved is offered something, and He not seeming to eat so much...can also try also giving it to One of the Beloved pieces here(if you not doing this already:P)...and I know in my heart He will get it!<3

Can feed birds, children, fresh water to a plant...I do it all day.:P

What a good post to celebrate my 888 post!

Namaste Naya,

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Every morning a miracle happen in my house. I always serve Beloved first and serve him very fat cinnamon brown sugar waffles with very much butter on them! Well...he never seem to eat these.

So to be sure he gets my Love I take and make another dozen of these fat buttery and absolutely yummy waffle and give them to my lil Portions here I have been given duty to care for...and you know what?

Everytime a miracle happen! The house get very quiet and no children rushing or being difficult such Peace happens!...and then every waffle disappear!

Very wonderful!

If Beloved is offered something, and He not seeming to eat so much...can also try also giving it to One of the Beloved pieces here(if you not doing this already:P)...and I know in my heart He will get it!<3

Can feed birds, children, fresh water to a plant...I do it all day.:P
    That is a wise & so cute advice, Naya ! Thanks !!

You are right. Sometimes we forget to see that God is so close to us & we can enjoy sharing food/drinks with him anytime we want without waiting for a "miracle" to happen !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information