Thread: What to do with perspiration

What to do with perspiration

I have read that when we perspire we should rub the substance back into our own skin.

When in a public setting this seems difficult. What should be done while in a public setting?

Re: What to do with perspiration

No offence, I just laughed at the title to myself a bit.

Health wise, we're supposed just to leave it on because minerals and water is lost when sweating. I don't know about "rubbing it in" that just seems unsanitary to me.

Namast,

I have read this in reference to yoga asana - that after the physical exercise, one should let the perspiration absorb back into the skin for at least a half-hour before bathing, the idea being to retain the good energy of one's practice.

In a public setting, a public yoga class or the like, you could just lie in śavāsana for 5-10 minutes at the end of the practice? This is a good way to end the exercise anyway, and would have the added benefit of letting your skin do its thing with perspiration, without having to 'rub in' the moisture.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Well I guess I would like to not sweat so much.... I'm not sure if it is due to anxiety or what, but a lot of times even if I do not do any physical activity I will sweat pretty profusely. It is most embarrassing when it is visible through your clothing, especially on the seat of your pants.

I am in pretty good shape.

I exercise daily.

I am 6'0" and weighed in at 160 pounds today.

Is there something I can do?

When I am in a car I also do a great job of fogging up windows.

Quote Originally Posted by arjunah View Post
    Well I guess I would like to not sweat so much.... I'm not sure if it is due to anxiety or what, but a lot of times even if I do not do any physical activity I will sweat pretty profusely. It is most embarrassing when it is visible through your clothing, especially on the seat of your pants.

I am in pretty good shape.

I exercise daily.

I am 6'0" and weighed in at 160 pounds today.

Is there something I can do?

When I am in a car I also do a great job of fogging up windows.
    Vannakkam Arjunah: Overactive sweat glands can be a medical condition. I had a friend with it. He'd come to work sweating on a -40 winter day. It really took very little at all. Perhaps you should consult a physcian.

With my friend, he had minor surgery to remove some of the sweat glands. I guess some people are born with too many.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information