Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Kundalini energy get "stuck"?

Re: Can Kundalini energy get "stuck"?

So sorry things haven't improved, this is a very difficult thing you are speaking of, I have PCOS and do understand this trouble very much.

The only thing which finally free me of having problems was to have a Mirena installed. I do not think this would be good for anyone who hasn't had one child however, so it's not for everyone. But I haven't had a period in over 7 years...been very goodly.

Also could suggest going outside barefeet and walking...or sitting on ground. This is a tremendous help with gaining better balance. It wouldn't hurt if you know someone who is gifted in energy balancing to perhaps look you over?

If only we live closer, my Beloved Husband has an very good gift for energy.

I will speak to Beloved about you when I go for my long meditation, and with all my heart I will pray for you to have some peace and relief.<3

Sunyata, this whole thread gets a lot more interesting now.

So you basically felt in anticipation, through understanding of the subtle nature of our bodies and self-awareness that an imbalance was setting itself up. That's a great experience IMO.

I think I never experienced it to this extent to this day. What usually happens to me is to become very debilitated (feverish, flu, etc) after a very intense emotional happening. I'm trailing to a whole year with no diseases, in contrast to 2009 and 2010 that I was extremely sick and debilitated all the time.

Our mental and bodily health are indeed intrinsically and tightly connected.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    My emotional state has been a bit jittery, too. In the last month or two I have been seized with this desire to start doing strenuous exercise and have engaged in it each night for more than an hour, mostly to burn off any excess energies that I have been storing up. I became almost obsessional at one point, and I have no explanation for this behaviour. I should have included some more gentle exercises like hatha yoga and pranayama, but I have not been in quite my right frame of mind to have remembered such practices would have been very conducive for me then.

My doctor seems perplexed as to what could be causing this, and I've tried explaining to her I've just been a bit "stressed" and it must be causing some imbalance for me hormonally. Not too sure how she would react if I told her all this stuff I have been writing about on HDF. I'm not sure what's to be done about my problem. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be eternally grateful to hear them. I'm continuing japa each night, but I usually feel so drained afterwards, and the benefits I feel from it normally have not been enough to sustain me for very long. Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little frightened about all this.

Om namah Shivaya
    Namast&#233; Sunyata
    Energy cannot get stuck. Energy by nature is full of movement and change. You and I are not Duracell batteries, and we don’t accumulate energy in specific areas for weeks on end. Shakti is natural energy, creation and expansion. Shakti is the mirror in which Shiva knows Himself. The movement of Shakti (kuṇḍalinī) through the body, up through the chakra, allows Consciousness to become aware of itself when normally it may not. As kuṇḍalinī moves up Shiva moves with Her, bringing with it new awareness and sensations.

If there is a sense of fear and apprehension, then it need not be dwelt upon. If there is unconscious stress, then that needs to be addressed aside as stress is psychosomatic. You are a thoughtful and sensitive person. With stress and anxiety we can go about our normal day, cooking, talking, laughing, but it is like a pressure pot, hissing away in the background that sooner or later needs to be addressed. That may not be your case of course.

When I was 19 I put myself into a situation in which I thought I was going to die. I was so scared I was physically sick. Then suddenly the fear for my life gave way to a profound blackness, so deep it was reassuringly blissful. Every worry that I had had was put into proportion as nothing more than a scratch on the surface of something much greater. It changed my life completely. From that day onwards and for a whole year I had this uncomfortable burning at the top of my head. In the end I plucked up the courage to consult a doctor who diagnosed it as inflammation of the nerves. I suffered from a feeling that all the folly of my youth was just play and it did not have the same value as it once held. I was working in an insurance company at the time, I left work and took up A-levels and went on to study Psychology and Philosophy at university, driven to understand myself, specifically what I had ‘seen’ that night.

My point in narrating this is that we are driven by energy and change in and around us, there is nothing spiritual in you which will damage you for good or hold you back from spiritual progress. Rather, I expect you will work through this and the more gentle and relaxed you are with yourself the better. The body is a delicate system that needs rest and affection from its owner. Japa, mediation and exercise will serve you, but not if you are left feeling more drained than when you begun, perhaps you need some self pampering and love?

Thanks, Nayasurya. I'm not 100% sure if it is PCOS; I'm going to have to wait a week or two before the results of my blood test get back. I'm really hoping this is just a blip on my current state of health, if not for my sake, then for my mother who has been worrying herself to bits over it. I took your advice and spent the last few hours yesterday just walking around barefoot in the garden. If it didn't do me any good in the long-term, then at least I had a lovely stroll through our backyard. Unfortunately, I know of no one who has any psychic energies, or who give off strong auras. I've been considering reiki, but I'm not sure how it works and if it even applies to me. Your prayers, as always, are deeply appreciated.

Pietro, normally I'd agree with you on it being a great experience, but so far this whole thing has brought me nothing worry, vexation, confusion and guilt. I still don't even know if I should go to a friend, a doctor or a shrink. Maybe all three wouldn't hurt.

Onkara, thank you for your valuable observations. You know, it's perfectly all right to come out and say it: maybe I'm just imagining all of this, and in my desperation I'm trying to connect what I've been going through emotionally and physically with my perceived spiritual snag. I agree with trying to release unconscious stressors, but I almost have an inability to balance concentration with relaxation. For example, on a day-to-day basis I have been trying to improve my self-assertion, and I often find myself jumping ahead of this step, and going into a state of pure aggression. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for my stressors. They either don't bother me in the slightest, or they send me spinning wildly out of control. I'm curious to know what led you to go from being terrified for your life at 19, to suddenly entering a state of pure equanimity. I've read about experiences like this before. Is it a kind of glimpse of samadhi?

Japa, mediation and exercise will serve you, but not if you are left feeling more drained than when you begun, perhaps you need some self pampering and love?
    Funny thing is, I give myself more than enough "self-care" when I'm feeling drained, whether that's having a hot bath, long walk, playing soft music, engaging in my favourite hobbies, or going for a massage. I'm probably a little too self-indulgent, if anything.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Sunyata, I have no direct experience to try to help you with directly. I did find the below who offer online support. I do not know anything about them or rep., etc., but perhaps:
    Kundalini Support Network (KSN)
    SpiritusSanctuary @ gmail.com

From past tradition and do not know applicablity but show process respect and great patience. From past tradition we have talked about we would be told to just observe and keep on going but have feeling that is something different.
    Sorry I could not be more helpful my friend. I am thinking of you.
    Rich

Please forgive this humble assessment, the last thing I would want to do is offend. But I silently watched the Kundalini support network for about a year and I would not not not not reccomend them to a follower of SD. They have stripped down practices and at one point clearly stated that Shaktipat belong to no religion and despite the fact they continually used Beloved Mother's name...they said this was not a Deity and was belonging to everyone. They call it the "holy spirit".

When one was said to say "Om namah Shivaya" one came in and immediately said that these "Shaktipat" were not for a specific religious belief...though both of them are ministers in UU style church.

Then they have retreats where they teach private classes for money...some sort of qui gong which men could kill with force style moves from star wars movie.

Again, this is just my experience with watching them from a distance...as I would never allow such a Being to manipulate my own portion of this Divine Energy without being Kindred Kind.

Personally, after reading the constant messages to purchase massage from them in private sessions...I just departed silently.

Oki let me be clear here, what we are talking about is extremely offensive to the Precious Beings here on this forum...I would rather die than have them read what I am prepared to post about this group.

It's very dark and the one who runs it...very confused.

Beloved Beings, forgive this offensive discussion.

But this is something very important that every single westerner should be aware of as so they can avoid it.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?...i/page__st__72

This one that runs this above mentioned group posts very regularly about her exploits and "personal sessions".
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 14 July 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Very silly.

NayaSurya and Pietro, namaste, thanks for this. Thanks to the souls here to help and prevent my lack of knowledge from causing harm to our dear friend. Sorry Sunyata that this is not helpful. NayaSurya and Pietro, thanks so much for the catch.

Namast, all,

Onkara, I too came close to death at 19, and experienced such a feeling of falling into a deep, smooth peace; everything you describe, I remember, with the difference that I did not possess the wisdom to pick myself up and make positive changes after. Not until many years later, anyway. But I do understand.

Sunyata, perhaps you are not imagining the effects you describe. Since earlier this year, when I became more serious about faith and undertook a forty-day sadhana at one point, I've experienced pelvic pain that the doctors cannot explain. PCOS and similar troubles were considered. I understand you regarding confusion and vexation.

Regarding Reiki, it is a relatively recent entry into the healing world, having surfaced in 1922. The founder, a Buddhist monk practicing his own sadhana on a sacred mountain, had a transcendental experience of a white light descending through his crown chakra into his body. He was able to heal with this force (the same 'ki' of qi gong) and pass it to others by transmitting the energy of his original experience. The energy has been passed down via practitioners by initiation rites known as attunements, and this is what is used to heal. At the third, or "master" level, one may attune others and also heal at distances, without necessarily knowing the "patient."

It's an interesting system, in that it is believed that seeking permission for healing is a great courtesy but not precisely necessary. A practitioner at the second or third level may heal at a distance, without touching, and so may simply send the energy out; it is the other person's aura that will "decide," on an esoteric level, whether to accept the energy or refuse it. While a questionable ethical belief, it is beneficial if trying to help a person in a coma or who is not otherwise able to verbally respond. At any rate, Reiki is used to heal energy imbalances and emotional disturbances, but is also useful for the control of pain; I was once fortunate to work in a hospital that offered this service to their patients free of charge, coordinated by volunteers.

Reiki was also a part of my spiritual journey. If you wish to try it you are free to message me. I received the master attunement five years ago.

If nothing else, one of their prayers might help just today feel a little better:

"At least for today:
    Do not be angry,
    Do not worry,
    Be grateful,
    Work with diligence,
    Be kind to people."

The "at least for today" part helps to make even the tallest order, seem a little more bearable.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post

Onkara, thank you for your valuable observations. You know, it's perfectly all right to come out and say it: maybe I'm just imagining all of this, and in my desperation I'm trying to connect what I've been going through emotionally and physically with my perceived spiritual snag. ......(cut for space)

Funny thing is, I give myself more than enough "self-care" when I'm feeling drained...

Om namah Shivaya
    Sunyata,
    I am so pleased you are caring for your self and that my rather dry English humour regarding the Duracell wasn't misunderstood as rather dry English sarcasm (which it was not). The point is that change is good and natural, including the sense of depression. It is unpleasant but having seen the light at the end of the tunnel in depression, I think it is something spiritual and natural which will make us stronger.

It sounds as if you are doing all the correct things. You know yourself better than anyone else so expressing that opening, with loved ones specifically, is going to make the change and progress bare positive fruit.

Bakunin said "a destructive urge is a creative one", meaning for anything to change for the better the old has to be given up, wiped away or just removed. This is something I have experienced more than once, quite often at the most unexpected times, where I have had to accept the "student has become a man", for example.

Everything is spiritual, even the most mundane material events. That is the value that Sanatana Dharma (SD) has led me to conclude at this point. So each emotion, thought and mood swing is a part of the cosmic whole and as such cannot be separated from the divine. What SD has also shown me is that there is a place where we can rest and simply witness even our own ups and downs, knowing that the observer is not affected. This is what I felt that night and feel sure we all can relate to it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Indraneela View Post
    Namast&#233;, all,

Onkara, I too came close to death at 19, and experienced such a feeling of falling into a deep, smooth peace; everything you describe, I remember, with the difference that I did not possess the wisdom to pick myself up and make positive changes after. Not until many years later, anyway. But I do understand.
    Thank you for sharing this personal experience, Indraneela. I am sure my own is humble and foolish in comparison. It is not something I wish to dwell too much on for that reason that I give it little importance now, but I hoped in sharing something personal experience rather than bookish-knowledge in this instance, I could share something a little bit more practical than usual.

I am intrigued that you also experienced this and all events add to build a bigger path. It took me a few years.

I wish you both well.

Thread Information