Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can Kundalini energy get "stuck"?

Re: Can Kundalini energy get "stuck"?

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Please forgive this humble assessment, the last thing I would want to do is offend. But I silently watched the Kundalini support network for about a year and I would not not not not reccomend them to a follower of SD. (cut for space)
    Dear NayaSurya
    On a side note, anyone who has taken a moment to read your posts will know you make every effort to bring out the positive in the negative I feel there is value in sharing what the Beloved has shown us.

Nothing is resistant to the truth. God is omnipresent, timeless and truth. The divine can pierce the coldest of hearts and guide the most lost soul, as the Divine is always present, even if we are distracted or choose to look the other way. This is the reason that Truth cannot be bought or held back at a price.

Thanks for sharing what you know

Thank you for the help, everyone. I do appreciate all your kind efforts at giving me advice and sharing with me your experiences that let me know I'm not alone. At the end of a long working day, they really are a great source of comfort to me.

Indraneela, your post just reminded me of something important I had overlooked until this moment. My memory is probably unreliable, but either I had just completed a forty-day japa to Shiva, or I was just in the middle of one (after having not performed serious meditation in quite a while). Each night, I tried focusing very intently on the third eye. I saw what many others have described before as a lightning flash in between the brows. It's not the first time I've seen it, but I have been seeing it more and more often since last year. Unless I am halucinating as well these days, I am able to envision things better now than I first did when I began meditation three years ago. Thanks for that concise history on Reiki. I've wondered what qualifies one to be a master healer, and one a novice. I certainly I'm dubious as to whether I should invest in 100 odd euros in a therapy I've never gone to before to people I don't even know are adequately trained to pass on the healing effects of their chi/ki. That prayer is really something quite achievable, I agree. I'll have to write it down on my calendar or something.

Everything is spiritual, even the most mundane material events. That is the value that Sanatana Dharma (SD) has led me to conclude at this point. So each emotion, thought and mood swing is a part of the cosmic whole and as such cannot be separated from the divine. What SD has also shown me is that there is a place where we can rest and simply witness even our own ups and downs, knowing that the observer is not affected. This is what I felt that night and feel sure we all can relate to it today.
    I share your feelings on this. I find it hard to view anything these days as seperate from the higher Truth taught within SD. The reminder that one is not the doer of deeds in BG is comforting for this reason, sometimes. Renounce the ownership of your actions and their effects, and just be the silent watcher. Nothing is lost or gained.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste Mana,

Thank you. I do believe strongly that when a couple enters together into sexual union that a psychic connection is established between them. It's the reason why so much heartache is experienced after a relationship breaks down and once intimate partners must go their separate ways - it will follow them onto the next relationship they create, and so on, spinning out a karmic web of confused energies. I understand the need for abstinence in a spiritual aspirant's life. I just don't think sexual intimacy need be a hindrance to it, either. I think this is what they refer to when life stages are spoken of in Hinduism, where one may go through being a student, then a householder, and then a renunciate, etc.

Om namah Shivaya
    *bump*

What you say may be true. My guru said emotional entanglement results in entrapment of vayu in the heart. Most of us regularly trap air in chest and end up breathing heavily when angry or emotionally hurt – which may take minutes, hours, days to normalize depending on the person. For deeper relationships this can last lifetimes. However as u have indicated, it is not just having relationships, but unusually not having them that is also dangerous. All problems arise either of over use of faculties or attempting to starve them to death. Balance is the key word. Most people cannot be happy without love from a woman/man, healthy amount of sex, happiness from having children, love from parents etc etc. One cannot hope to understand existence and gain self knowledge in misery. This is my belief.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

It is interesting that you mention that emotional entanglement is caused by vayu trapped in the heart.

I have noticed that sadness and depression be removed easily from worshipping Narasimha.

Narasimha is pictured here ripping open the chest (heart region) of Hiranyakashipu. What causes attachment, Hiranyakashipu (hiranya=gold, kashipu=bed).

That what gives lasting happiness is that what gives ahlada (happiness) to Prahlada.

Last edited by Sahasranama; 28 September 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Thread Information