Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Sikh and Jain other???

Why Sikh and Jain other???

Use of term 'Other' is very bad and extremely bad in a Hindu forum. Why 'other'? Can't we still aren't able to get the difference between 'we' and 'they'(or 'other').

In my organisation(http://vedgov.in) there are Jains and a Sikh. Are these guys fools? I have never meet a Sikh(lives in Rajasthan) who don't worship on of Hindu god. They are hindus.... In Sikh Kingdom, beef was strictly banned...

So why they are said 'other' Dharma???

Re: Why Sikh and Jain other???

It's a forum policy more than an ideological.
    There's no purpose creating a subforum for the 1 maybe 2 Sikh posters and the 0 Jain posters because we would just have empty subforums.

It's a bandwidth and organization issue. Not an ideological.

nitinsharma Guest

nice website,dude.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    It's a forum policy more than an ideological.
    There's no purpose creating a subforum for the 1 maybe 2 Sikh posters and the 0 Jain posters because we would just have empty subforums.

It's a bandwidth and organization issue. Not an ideological.
    I think they must be put in 'God in Hindu Dharma' instead of 'Other Dharma tradition'.

And it is not necessarily that only Sikhs and Jains post there. Eg.- I posts at Islam subforum and many other hindus here, but they aren't muslims... In same way people can post at Jain and Sikh sub-forum.

Actually it really looks bad when we see word 'other'.

Quote Originally Posted by rajputistan View Post
    I think they must be put in 'God in Hindu Dharma' instead of 'Other Dharma tradition'.
    Then that makes it a Hindu forum, which makes it even worse in your view. I think there is already a Hindu Dharma forum here.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Then that makes it a Hindu forum, which makes it even worse in your view. I think there is already a Hindu Dharma forum here.
    Sorry I didn't got what you mean

Sorry I didn't got what you mean
    What I meant is that you seem to be asking for a Hindu Dharma forum, which this site already is. The forum you're questioning isn't a snub at anyone. It's just a place for discussion of faiths that grew out of Hinduism. There are, after all, some differences. They are just sub-forums. I doubt they were intended to offend anyone. If someone wants to be offended, they will be offended; if they want to see evil, they will see evil; if they want to see good, they will see good. We see what we want to see.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    What I meant is that you seem to be asking for a Hindu Dharma forum, which this site already is. The forum you're questioning isn't a snub at anyone. It's just a place for discussion of faiths that grew out of Hinduism. There are, after all, some differences. They are just sub-forums. I doubt they were intended to offend anyone. If someone wants to be offended, they will be offended; if they want to see evil, they will see evil; if they want to see good, they will see good. We see what we want to see.
    It's just a communist and Pakistani propaganda that Sikhs, Jains and Hindus are different. There is no difference. What they call difference is within the laws of Vedas. They just specially emphasizes on the value on one thing... Eg.- Sikhs of Gurus and Jains on that how human can rise to level of devas.

So are they different? No. I think they must be put with Vaishnavs, Shaivs, etc. at 'God in Hindu Dharma' forum.

Yes, this site is named 'Hindu Dharma Forums' not 'forum'. Forum= single forum like 'God in Hindu Dharma' here. Forums means community or group of forums like 'Hindu Dharma Forum'.

And I know that it wasn't put like that to offend anything... I am just suggesting some change... If Satay, you like... Then do it... If you don't... Then no problem :P

nitinsharma Guest

There is no difference.
    There is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nitinsharma View Post
    There is!!!
    Anybody who believes that there is one God and many form, is tolerant to other faiths(But not necessary when there faith in in threat by other...) and celebrate Diwali is a Hindu. And there is difference in rituals and few things between all communities. Eg-> Rajputs and Marathas are both Kshatriyas, but have different rituals(specially marriage.)

And neither Sikh nor Jain community as a whole have ever done any conspiracy against Mainstream Hindus...

If we look at diffrences... It wouldn't help. Our enemies are Western powers, communists, Mulsalmans, etc. It is combined trick of these all.

Thread Information