Thread: Disturbing dream

Unhappy Disturbing dream

perhaps I'll just get to the end of it. I'm not Hindhu precisely because I don't understand it, but don't be too judgmental of me.

In the end, an old classmate was relating a story, and she put me somewhere in her judgment. She didn't put me in the heady, or complex-minded, computer nerd, etc. part of society. She put me in the regular part. And to earn my way, because I'm relatively small, I'd had to excel at sports.

Anyways, in the end there were 3, 2 good-looking normal people and me, we were in a dark room on the floor, and I was lookiing for symbolism, and she said something...

she said we needed to all face each other and huddle together while laying down, she said this was the way of Ganesh (I swear I never heard of this name, and only now looked it up, interesting I signed up for this forum 3 days ago)...

it went on, there was something wrong, i knew it wouldn't end that way. An old black man I used to play music with who'd been part of the dream was related to by the woman there (I would say that she was a goddess figure and the man was a god figure, we were naked but the dream wasn't charged that way).

There was a gravestone, he'd had a girl that was 10 years old, it said on it, it actually said girl-friend.

When I looked up the man (or god figure) had left, and the woman (goddess figure) had a gun she was pointing in her mouth...I couldn't look, I didn't understand...and while rolling away in the dream i rolled off my bed...

it left me disturbed, but I remembered the Ganesh reference and looked it up...

It's crazy and I'm crazy, I just thought I'd relate it. When I was younger I worked for a man Marvin Patel, who kept a picture of Ganesh in the motel lobby where I worked (he lived upstairs), that was 15 years ago.

I looked it up a bit, but can anyone give me info into what Ganesh means in Hinduism?

Re: Disturbing dream

Namaste

If you visit hinduwisdom.info
    look up near the top of the page; under Basics
    click on Symbolism. There you will find lots of
    information on Sri Ganesh.

Aum Shanti

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    perhaps I'll just get to the end of it. I'm not Hindhu precisely because I don't understand it, but don't be too judgmental of me.

In the end, an old classmate was relating a story, and she put me somewhere in her judgment. She didn't put me in the heady, or complex-minded, computer nerd, etc. part of society. She put me in the regular part. And to earn my way, because I'm relatively small, I'd had to excel at sports.

Anyways, in the end there were 3, 2 good-looking normal people and me, we were in a dark room on the floor, and I was lookiing for symbolism, and she said something...

she said we needed to all face each other and huddle together while laying down, she said this was the way of Ganesh (I swear I never heard of this name, and only now looked it up, interesting I signed up for this forum 3 days ago)...

it went on, there was something wrong, i knew it wouldn't end that way. An old black man I used to play music with who'd been part of the dream was related to by the woman there (I would say that she was a goddess figure and the man was a god figure, we were naked but the dream wasn't charged that way).

There was a gravestone, he'd had a girl that was 10 years old, it said on it, it actually said girl-friend.

When I looked up the man (or god figure) had left, and the woman (goddess figure) had a gun she was pointing in her mouth...I couldn't look, I didn't understand...and while rolling away in the dream i rolled off my bed...

it left me disturbed, but I remembered the Ganesh reference and looked it up...

It's crazy and I'm crazy, I just thought I'd relate it. When I was younger I worked for a man Marvin Patel, who kept a picture of Ganesh in the motel lobby where I worked (he lived upstairs), that was 15 years ago.

I looked it up a bit, but can anyone give me info into what Ganesh means in Hinduism?
    With our ears may we hear what is good.
    With our eyes may we behold thy righteousness.
    Tranquil in body, may we who worship thee find rest.

AUM Peace Peace Peace

Thread Information