Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is western astrology accurate?

Re: Is western astrology accurate?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Please read this taken from preface of brihatsamhita of varahmihar,translated by v subramanya sastri dwnldfrom digital library of india
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    I am a śiṣya of sanātana dharma . This no doubt leads one to the study of saṃskṛtam.
    I am a śiṣya of sanātana dharma . This no doubt leads me to the study of saṃskṛtam.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 06 September 2012 at 09:55 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaskar,

Seems to me that western astrology is not for predictive purposes at all. Instead they use it more for describing personalities.
    However after getting mini-reports in both Vedic and western astrology, I realized that Vedic astrology is much better at describing my personality and my life.

However sometimes the signs don't completely change when referring to tropical astrology.
    For instance my rashi is 3 degrees in a certain sign, and in western astrology my moon is 26 degrees (3+23) into the same sign. However this 23 degrees can cause HUGE differences in the rest of the chart, leading to completely different results.

Just my opinion.

Pranam.

Namaste Brishti

I know we are not suppose to promote business for others on HDF, but ... I am an absolute believer in Indian Astronomy, and Prem Jyotsh seems to be very accurate and authentic to me. I also believe in stones and gems benefit. He knows which is the stone or gem for you based on the Jyotish science.

Astrology was very popular in the 1970s, but there seems to be sort of a new resurgence of this interest again. It is an opportunity for trained Jyoti Masters from India to acquire clients from the West and not just India. It could be a good career move for some especially from India who are willing to put in the time to learn the science of Indian Astronomy and who can show goods results in charts for clients. Such Jyotish pandits need to also learn to used personal computers, effective word processing, English, and use of softwares.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaskar ShivaFan,

Yes, although many people do have faith in jyotish nowadays, there are many who do not. Even some Western-Indians find it too "fairytale-ish" or "imaginary". Comments like that become a bit discouraging.

Namaste Brishti

Yes, but while they "poo hoo" the real Jyotish, many a Jyotish become rich and famous.

And what's so bad about becoming rich and famous?

Jai Sri Lakshmi Devi ki JAI!

Om Namah Sivaya

Thread Information