Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiva as the greatest Vaishnava?

Re: Shiva as the greatest Vaishnava?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    there is a similar verse in the Mahabharata. Krishna describes Shiva as narayanatmako jneyah, to be understood as of the same nature as Narayana (12.328.19).
    And Narayana himself says to Shiva, yas tvam vetti sa mam vetti yas tvam anu sa mam anu/navayor antaram kimcit,
    'one who knows you knows myself; one who follows you follows me. There is no difference between us.' (12.328.64).

Jai Shree Krishna
    Namaste,

This is tadAtmictA between Govind and Shambhu.

SB 9.4.63 KrushNa says : "I am completely under the control of My devotees, indeed, I am not at all independent. Because My devotees are completely devoid of material desires, I sit only within the cores of their hearts. What to speak of My devotees, even those who are devotees of My devotee are very dear to Me."

There is no diff betN Govind and Shambhu yet ...
    Shambhu (curds) is the transformation of Govind (milk) for a purpose. BramhaSamhita 5.45 spoken by Lord BramhA.

One is shankha-chakra-gadhAdhar , the other is trishula-damaru-dhar.

There is no diff betN Radha and KrushNa, yet KrushNa is Shaktiman Radha is Shakti. Same contradictory verses can be brought about Radha and KrushNa - i know this is a bit of apples Vs oranges, but still.

We don't worship Shiva or Radha as the Supreme - just because They are the "heart and soul and atma" of KrushNa. KrushNa is KrushNa. period. One-pointed buddhi-yogam BG chap 2.

|| Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    The puranas are often accused (by Arya Samajis) of creating disputes between followers of different Gods. But actually, the puranas are very clear:

शिवाय विष्णु रूपाय शिव रूपाय विष्णवे
    शिवस्य हृदयं विष्णु विष्णोस्च हृदयं शिवः

śivāya viṣṇu rūpāya śiva rūpāya viṣṇave
    śivasya hṛdayaṁ viṣṇu viṣṇosca hṛdayaṁ śivaḥ
    This means the form of VishNu (the Person) is all-auspicious (shivAya)
    and
    The form of Shiva (The Person) is all-pervading (vishNave)

2nd line: "They are, and live in, each other's heart" - so what's the big deal ? KrushNa says that so many times about all His devotees too - in Bhagavad Gita (chap 10) and Bhagvatam. SB 9.4.68.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Pranam

if you read OP, you will realize the question was,what do other vaishnava other than Iskcon think of Lord Shiva in relation to Lord Vishnu, so your quating brahma smahita an obscure text no one other then Gaudya follow is not very useful.

Let us not make this another Shiva V Vishnu debate

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste,

This is tadAtmictA between Govind and Shambhu.

SB 9.4.63 KrushNa says : "I am completely under the control of My devotees, indeed, I am not at all independent. Because My devotees are completely devoid of material desires, I sit only within the cores of their hearts. What to speak of My devotees, even those who are devotees of My devotee are very dear to Me."

There is no diff betN Govind and Shambhu yet ...
    Shambhu (curds) is the transformation of Govind (milk) for a purpose. BramhaSamhita 5.45 spoken by Lord BramhA.

One is shankha-chakra-gadhAdhar , the other is trishula-damaru-dhar.

There is no diff betN Radha and KrushNa, yet KrushNa is Shaktiman Radha is Shakti. Same contradictory verses can be brought about Radha and KrushNa - i know this is a bit of apples Vs oranges, but still.

We don't worship Shiva or Radha as the Supreme - just because They are the "heart and soul and atma" of KrushNa. KrushNa is KrushNa. period. One-pointed buddhi-yogam BG chap 2.

Again it is not about one pointed worship either.

you will also find sects that follow Radha and give her the utmost worship.

I can quote from the same Puran where Vishnu says there is no different between us three.
    also from the same puran that even Vishnu can not understand your (Shiva) glories.

It is very important to note in chapter 10 in the Gita Lord Krishna say people choose to worship me in various different way.

And when Arjun asks;

How may I know You, O Lord, by constant contemplation? In what form (of manifestation) are You to be thought of by me, O Lord? (10.17)

Rest is up to individual to accept what he is saying in his reply

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Nietschze once stated that the only God worth following is a dancing God...I often think of this when I consider Shiva...

I pray she's not a brown recluse. Just ftr, as a listener I have often marveled that India speaks the best english, there's no accounting for that, just a spiritual thought.

There's no accounting for your art and dance being the most appropriate down in this globe.

Although I wish you would all not be so apart. But I think you untouchable as a culture. Obviously, the spectrum of personality pervades all cultures, and there is much that is not good, but as a whole the product offered, the diet, and the civility of the language, even when translated into english is unmatched, and I consider myself somewhat objective, and a fairly decent judge.

Thread Information