Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Jesus junk around here

No more Jesus junk around here

Hi

I see many westerners who have become hindu or in the process of becoming hindu or still christian, come here and start comparing Jesus with lofty hindu ideas. Being an indian hindu and having seen the destruction caused by jesus
    junk in indian society, this is deeply troubling to me.

Why the hell do we tolerate jesus **** on a hindu forum ? This forum is not
    run by Sonia and her cronies. Thank gods....

If these westerners feel so much for this jesus and his vomit called christianity, we should ask them to go to some jesus forum. Lot of hindus have started warming up to jesus. Ramkrishna mission keep this joker's picture in their ashrams. So this is damaging to hindus in the long run.

For centuries, hindus were terrorised by abrahamic junk. we shall not tolerate it any longer. I ask moderators to delete any thread praising jesus junk.
    No exceptions. Hindu spirituality should be approached on "Hindu Terms"
    not on our enemy's terms and conditions.

thanks
    Last edited by yajvan; 23 June 2011 at 11:05 AM.

Re: No more Jesus junk around herr

I am glad someone else feels the same about this as me. I don't have any problem if people want to believe in Jesus, but to pretend he has anything to do with Hinduism is simply criminal. The moderators should if not delete the posts, at least edit it with a disclaimer that these are personal fantasies only and are not endorsed by Hinduism. I don't have the time and energy to object everytime people equate Christianity with Hinduism or start praising Jesus. It should be taken care of by the moderators.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 22 June 2011 at 10:23 AM.

Wow, just wow. That's more than a little over the top. Christianity today is not what Jesus taught or preached. It is twisted by men for their own reasons and gain.

I agree this is not the place for proselytizing for Christianity, OK let me say that again and make it very clear, because someone will miss it and strawman it on me: I agree this is not the place for proselytizing for Christianity. But learn something about what he taught before crucifying him again. Don't take your hatred for Christians, Jews and Muslims out on someone who taught love and peace.

All Jesus (or whoever wrote for him; he may have existed, he may not) said was to love God with all your heart and soul and strength; to love your enemies; pray for those who persecute and harm you; bless those who curse you; and do not judge so you are not judged the same way you judge.

That doesn't sound like vomit to me. Don't blame Jesus, blame the people who claim to follow him.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Wow, just wow. That's more than a little over the top... Don't blame Jesus, blame the people who claim to follow him.
    These topics have come on HDF many times, I am tired of responding to it, but what you are saying is not true. Christians do have theological justifications for violence against non believers. What we need is a sticky that answers these basic questions about the abrahamic religions backed up with historical and scriptural references, so that we can refer newbies to that information.

Mino,

Ya whatever. Jesus was not all love and peace. I think somewhere he said that
    only he is the way... Well see , this is not a christian theology forum and I dont want to waste bandwidth of hindu forum interpreting/reinterpreting/re-reinterpreting what Jesus said. Jesus should be seen in larger abrahamic tradition. At the heart of abrahamic tradition, there is intense hatred of anything heathen. No amount of whitewashing is going to change that. I have always found the use of some words by christians and muslims problematic. Christian "Love" and Islamic "Peace". Some psychoanalyst should analyse that. Christian "love" is nothing like the love as we understand it.
    Millions of jews have been killed in europe for last 20 centuries because they refused to embrace this uniquely christian "Love" . "Accept the love of jesus
    or else.........." This christian love has undercurrent of violence to it.

Same thing goes to Islamic "Peace". The way muslims use the word "peace" is very different than we understand in common sense. Their peace is actually
    a desert which is made free of all kafirs. Only when all the kafirs are subdued ,
    the true "peace " will be established. Like christian "love" , islamic "peace"
    has undercurrent of threatening language, violence.

I say enough of this abrahamic nonsense. There are many places to preach their christian "love" and islamic "peace". Not here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Christians do have theological justifications for violence against non believers.
    Cite an example. Oh, and not from the Old Testament. Leviticus, despite what fundamentalist Christians say, is not binding on true Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by issacnewton View Post
    Jesus should be seen in larger abrahamic tradition.
    Because?

I'm saddened at the hatred being espoused lately.

That Jesus said he is the only way is binding only on those who believe in him. Why does that statement matter to you? I'd really like to know where these feelings come from. You have your own faith. I'd worry about practicing that as best as I could before I worry about what others believe.

A funny picture I wanted to share
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by issacnewton View Post
    Millions of jews have been killed in europe for last 20 centuries because they refused to embrace this uniquely christian "Love" . "Accept the love of jesus
    or else.........." This christian love has undercurrent of violence to it.
    I should have bolded this to to make it perfectly clear: Christianity ... is twisted by men for their own reasons and gain.

Are you suggesting the elimination of Christians? Are you advocating violence against other humans? What do you suggest as a solution to the "problem" you see?

I personally don't give a rat's hiney what other people believe, but please stop making hateful statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Cite an example.
    Just one example? There are so many, either in the old testament or new.

But just to give one example to refute your claim:

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    10:35
    For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    10:36
    And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Oh, and not from the Old Testament. Leviticus, despite what fundamentalist Christians say, is not binding on true Christians
    Jesus clearly approves of the old testament:

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Thread Information