Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Jesus junk around here

Re: No more Jesus junk around herr

Sigh........

its the sign of the times that hindus have to listen to christian junk on a hindu forum. Jai Ho !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Just one example? There are so many, either in the old testament or new.

But just to give one example to refute your claim:

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    Jesus clearly approves of the old testament:
    It refers to the strife that will occur when people abandon the old ways of Judaism to follow his teachings. Consult any rabbinical or Christian theologian.

5:17
    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Yes, to fulfill the prophecy of his coming.

I was Christian all my life, so please do not make statements that you don't know the context of. You would be up one side of me and down the other if I started interpreting the Vedas.

"Even the devil can quote Scripture to his purpose." - William Shakespeare. That applies to all of us.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by issacnewton View Post
    its the sign of the times that hindus have to listen to christian junk on a hindu forum. Jai Ho !!!!!
    Who started the thread? It was you who brought up the Christianity thing. I think it was just to stir the pot. Well, for me it's time to put the lid on and turn off the gas. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    It refers to the strife that will occur when people abandon the old ways of Judaism to follow his teachings. Consult any rabbinical or Christian theologian.
    It doesn't matter what it refers to, the purpose is pretty clear.

Yes, to fulfill the prophecy of his coming.
    Not just the prophecy, he also says law. The prophecy of Jesus is a big hoax in itself. You can ask any knowledgeable Jew, he can refute that Jesus was the prophet simply from the Bible itself. There is a lot of discrepancy between the old and new testament regarding this prophecy.

;;;;;

It doesn't matter what it refers to, the purpose is pretty clear.
    But it doesn't affect you. Why are you so concerned with it?

The prophecy of Jesus is a big hoax in itself. You can ask any knowledgeable Jew, he can refute that Jesus was the prophet simply from the Bible itself. There is a lot of discrepancy between the old and new testament regarding this prophecy.
    Seventy five per cent of the world's population doesn't believe in Jesus or the bible. Again, why does it concern you? Why are you two so fixated on it? Let it go. It's a concern only to Christians and Jews.

If someone starts proselytizing for Christianity or Judaism or Islam here, either put the person on ignore (as I'm about to do) or report the post if it's offensive. It's for the admin and mods to decide, not the members.

I can't say that it doesn't matter. It has a lot of political significance and the abrahamic religions are one of the reasons why Hindus are under siege in their own country. Also even if many people don't believe in the Bible, a lot of people are actively distorting Hinduism with the teachings from Christianity. In an ideal world it wouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 22 June 2011 at 11:50 AM.

I can't say that it doesn't matter. It has a lot of political significance and the abrahamic religions are one of the reasons why Hindus are under siege in their own country. Also even if many people don't believe in the Bible, a lot of people are actively distorting Hinduism with the teachings from Christianity. In an ideal world it wouldn't matter.
    OK, now we're getting to the nuts and bolts of it! What is happening in India from the Abrahamic religions? What do you mean by "under siege"? If you say it's groups of Christians and Muslims (Jews don't proselytize for conversion) trying to force their beliefs through gov't and on the country, we in the US are under siege too. It's from the right wing fundamentalist Christians who want to make the US a theocracy based on their brand of "Christianity". They are the furthest thing from "Christianity". It sounds like they're trying to do what they did in the Americas starting in the 16th century with the Spanish conquests.

The US Constitution strictly forbids it, but it doesn't stop Christian groups from trying to push through "faith-based" (as GW Bush called it) inititatives and legislation. Pushing Creationism in schools and "Intelligent Design" (immaterial whether one believes in Darwinian evolution or not, it's illegal) is out of control. The US Supreme Court and other federal courts have their hands full slapping these laws down as unconstitutional.

After 9/11 there were many Sikhs murdered in the US because they are mistaken for Muslims. You know, anyone who wears a turban is Muslim. Muslims and Arabs don't wear turbans! That's how ignorant Americans are.

So if that's what you mean, you are not alone and it angers me too. They are trampling on our rights. It's not limited to India. India's Constitution (I always capitalize national Constitutions) is not unlike America's. In fact, most democratic nations' Constitutions are patterned after and not unlike the US's.

If it's something else that I don't understand, I'd like to.

Funny the amount of increasing xenophobia on this forum of anything decidedly "not Hindu".

Yes of course Jesus is by no means a Hindu, and Christianity is a terrible form of control bit that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about Jesus and his philosophy.

I find the books of the Nag Hammadi library rather enlightening, far more than sitting here and reading the xenophobic hate spewed and anything non-Hindu / Western.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Funny the amount of increasing xenophobia on this forum of anything decidedly "not Hindu".

Yes of course Jesus is by no means a Hindu, and Christianity is a terrible form of control bit that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about Jesus and his philosophy.

I find the books of the Nag Hammadi library rather enlightening, far more than sitting here and reading the xenophobic hate spewed and anything non-Hindu / Western.
    I don't think you understand what xenophobic means, learn to use a dictionary, kid.

Thread Information