Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy un-islamic

Buy un-islamic

Hi

Here I am going to suggest something. Islam was a head ache to hindus. But now it has become a head ache to people in the west too. In india , there are
    too many muslims, so some "solutions"( ) offered to this problem by some radical hindus , are just thoughtless.

I have a non violent solution to the problem. Don't buy from muslims and dont do any economic activity with them. I make sure that when i go to shop, I make sure that the owner is not muslim. Its easy actually. Muslims like to show their islam on their sleeves. If some muslims are clean shaven, then check the shop. If he is hindu, there will be some god's picture in the shop.
    Banias like their various gods . Next , muslim shops will not have indian names. Either they will be openly islamic names, in which case its easy to see that the shop is owned by the muslim. Or they will be english names like "Modern hair saloon " , "Majestic traders" etc. In this case, check the signs in and outside the shop. If its written 786 somewhere outside, then its muslim owned. Lastly , check the mannerisms of the person. If you have lived in India long enough, we can figure out a muslim. This economic boycott is non violent as well as very effective. Unfortunately most of the hindus don't realize this. Even RSS thinks that Islam is peaceful , only muslims are the problem. RSS has been criticized by hardline hindu authors like ram swarup on this. Belgian author Koenraad Elst (self described secular humanist) also has written about the contradictory nature of the RSS.

So, at least , the hindus here at HDF can make a pledge to buy un islamic. It would be our little constructive move to stop the monster called Islam.

I hope my views don't sound too extreme to the members here. I am only proposing a non violent and ethical solution to this problem

thanks

Re: Buy un-islamic

Would you refuse to be pulled out of a burning building by a Muslim? I have to ask why your hatred runs so deep. It seems pretty adharmic to me.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

I am sorry to say, but this idea is stupid. If Hindus start boycotting muslims, muslims will start boycotting Hindus and society will become seggregated. I don't think either Ram Swarup or Koenraad Elst would approve of such an idea. There is indeed a problem with Islam, the ideology itself. But it is not solved by banning a certain group of people from society.

Sahasranama

Islam is the new communism. Fighting ideology is good idea. But unfortunately that will not suffice. Like fighting mere ideology of communism or maoism did not suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    There is indeed a problem with Islam
    Yes, the religious fundamental fanatics in any group. Remember, Gandhi was assassinated by a Hindu. No group is above reproach.

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Would you refuse to be pulled out of a burning building by a Muslim? I have to ask why your hatred runs so deep. It seems pretty adharmic to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by issacnewton View Post
    Islam is the new communism. Fighting ideology is good idea. But unfortunately that will not suffice. Like fighting mere ideology of communism or maoism did not suffice.
    You haven't answered my question:

"Would you refuse to be pulled out of a burning building by a Muslim?"

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Yeah, you'd think so. However, I'm not so sure how much I can criticize him. The problem with Islam is that we as Hindus are being asked to tolerate something that doesn't tolerate us back. The recent bombings in India demonstrate that Islam does pose a threat to us (someone please correct me if non-Islamic groups took responsibility for this). Now, I'm loathe to judge anyone personally based on labels; I prefer to get to know a person. Thus I'm not sure I could pledge some all out boycott of Muslims. However, I do think that Muslims are dangerous, and I try to avoid them as best as I can. Yes, I know I'm generalizing stereotypes to all Muslims, and I'm probably avoiding some decent people. But I'm probably avoiding more people who want to kill me just for being Hindu. I don't like this sort of thing. But how else do you deal with such crazy people?

It's a no-brainer that Islam as a whole has a bad rap, and probably deservedly so, at least in India. I've learned a lot and had my eyes opened in the past month or two... things I just never knew or saw, looking through the lens of a western upbringing. So I don't want to rewind to the earlier part of this thread.

However, I have known Muslims who are the salt of the earth. One is a doctor who left prayers to come to the hospital for an emergency; one was an upstairs neighbor who kept feeding me; a woman in full black hijab who sat in a waiting room with me watching a newscast of the 9/11 attacks, weeping and saying "that is not our religion!". And then I knew the nastiest, most arrogant, most stubborn and obnoxious Moroccan Muslim you could ever have the misfortune of knowing. So there's good and bad in all groups.

I think wholesale boycott and avoidance of a whole people is a little over the top. The US went through it with "Whites Only" and "Colored Only" restaurants, bathrooms and even drinking fountains. I'd just prefer to avoid the individual, like my Moroccan co-worker, but I still had a Muslim doctor (and a Pakistani he was, at that ). But if someone is going to drag my sorry butt out of a burning building or find my lost child, or give me CPR I don't care if the person is Martian, Vulcan, gay, straight, Muslim, or even Catholic. I'll deal with my prejudices later.

But let's say you only found out later that the person was Muslim? Do you rush back into the burning building? Of course not, now that's bordering on silly (no, it got its passport stamped). It's really just a thought experiment, because you probably won't know who the person is.

For the record (and to have some twisted fun tweaking people), I've also asked vehemently anti-gay Christians if they'd rather burn to death than be pulled out of a fire by a gay firefighter; or refuse to have a gay cop go look for their lost child, or given CPR by a gay EMT. They said they'd stand by their principles. OK, so do you want bbq sauce on your ribs. Again though, what if they only find out later somehow, that the firefighter, EMT or cop is gay?

Stereotypes can work against you, especially when it's you who are on the line! Know what I mean?
    Last edited by Jainarayan; 26 July 2011 at 07:45 PM.

Once when I was in college to become a nurse there was a story about a ICU RN killing his patients.

Now, many folks over time came through this just fine...but every now and then a certain person caught his eye and...

Would you allow a muslim to save your life from a burning building?

Well...would you have allowed this man to treat you if you had a heart attack? I knew of a man on the fire dept for 30 years and molested his own sons....

We really can't say who are these ones around us coming to our aid.

Let's extrapolate this to anyone who may have ill feelings toward us...such as christians. Firstly, let me say..if I were 13 years older I would not pull the fire alarm.

But, I say everyday we have unknown hands upon us. Our doctors, lawyers...the IT guy we call in the middle of the night because we spill a diet big red soda upon our laptop. But, you see these aren't social situations...they are on a business level. Just as my husband suffers greatly at work because his bosses are all very very staunch right wing xtian and constantly berate "godless peoples".

Anyone of the sorts could also save you from that same burning building...only the next day to pray for your "wretched soul" because you are bound to burn in "hell"....and the next day you may find yourself praying to Beloved...thanking Him for those Hands, which He owns, that saved you.

There is really no way to stop buying from muslims, any more than I could stop supporting xtians and their families. But, for the record I do not support groups openly with xtian agenda to convert or other such activity, such as boyscouts and girlscouts...

Once I was helping a neighbor sew patches onto her sons uniform and found in his pocket a pledge to xtian god and jesus...when I asked what it was...she told me the pledge he made when he enter cubscouts. I asked...well what if he wasn't xtian? She said..."Who in the ##$#*#@ would not be xtian?"

Never bought a cookie after that.

Oh and I wanted to add...everytime we fill up the tank of our cars or motorbikes...somewhere...someone selling oil just got richer. I think it would be near impossible to really do anything that would have a impact on such a large random group of humans.

Ah, yes.

A marvelous approach..you know, because Muslims shouldn't have a way to raise their families, too..

Muslims shouldn't be able to pay their bills..

Muslims shouldn't be able to live in homes.

I wasn't aware that this level of intolerance and down right ignorance existed in these forums. You have saddened me. People are people are people.

You ask if the owner is muslim of a business? I am not muslim but if you came into a store I worked with and asked if the owner was muslim, I would ask you to leave. That is sick.. for the love of all things divine, go and meditate upon yourself and who you are, sit down and contemplate what you have done to yourself by being so stuck in the world of forms.

Yes, there are bad muslims, and guess what there are bad hindus as well, bad christians, bad atheists, bad everything. Every religion has their sect of terrorists, and their sect of fanatical fundamentalists.. but that doesn't mean we should judge and bury them into the streets.

Your cheeky smiley faces you used in your post were even more disheartening. Although it is a non-violent solution..well, it's not. A national boycott would just starve and de-home muslims all because you can't tolerate them.

Were you really expecting a noble response? Were you really expecting a letter be written to government officials due to your "ground breaking" idea? Ugh..

You have broken my heart, brother.
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

Thread Information