Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My intentions and an apology

My intentions and an apology

First, I've never meant to offend anyone. My comments and questions have been sincere in respecting, and wanting to learn about Sanatana Dharma. I can pull up my posts in that regard. If I've gone about it the wrong way, I sincerely apologize. However, I myself am hurt that my motives for coming here were questioned publicly

I thought that there was enough room in Sanatana Dharma to have opinions and beliefs. I should have stayed out of politics and some other topics, now knowing the sensitivity of many people. I should have kept those opinions and beliefs to myself. "Old too soon and smart too late" my mother used to say.

But after posts like this http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...4&postcount=68 using my opinions against me, and in other posts twisting my words and making strawman arguments, i.e. putting words in my mouth, I think I'm a "marked man". Too many people have probably seen that post and the others questioning my intentions. The bell can't be unrung. I don't think I'll ever be taken seriously again in anything I say.

It's probably best if I not participate anymore. I'll find other avenues to learn from, and continue on my journey. In the old days before the internet we used books, or I'll just read here. Almost of you have been very kind and helpful. I think I owe you at least an explanation.

My writing style tends to come off brash and intense, but I assure you that, while in real life I am also kind of "animated", I am not offensive, though sometimes I shoot from the hip..

Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone; I never meant to.

All the best... Frank
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Re: My intentions and an apology

Dear Frank,

Before you go there is something you should know.

You can not ignore the Truth, this lesson given to you is one you will face again if you remove yourself from this place. I know because once I also went through this...and I tell you....better to know the Truth than to live in confusion...to repeat the lesson again.

Learning involves intense friction sometimes...and I know it's hard. But, you have come this far, and it's never to late to start over.

Go back to the welcome forum, introduce yourself as if it were your first day..and then start humbly again.

There is a wondrous golden reward for dwelling amongst these very wise Beings...and if you are strong enough to reap this reward...so many good things will come of it.

A special hug to you, Beloved Portion.

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    humbly
    Vannakkam Naya: Seems to be a reoccurring theme in times like this. I won't mention previous names, some of which were banned. I really think its the secret to a lot. Its the 'between the lines' arrogance that's often offensive, but what to do. Unless there is a healthy dose of mirror looking, it seems like encountering a brick wall.

Off to wash a long sidewalk ... how's your garden?

Aum Namasivaya

The garden, ish non-existant this year. Wednesday night, 5 tornadoes touched down within a few miles of here...and this weather has literally sent my yard into more of a natural state of Being.

We had intense rains lastyear too...and then late august-Oct a catastrophic drought. Poor flowers.

However...I do have pumpkins growing over my back lawn (as usual) I do not plant them...never have to...they simply grow there every year.

As for this other topic, I do feel you must allow the ego to be burned off. Proximity to these illluminated Beings causes this...tremendously.

So I burn, and move away to cool...and then move back. Just as my campfire analogy. When I camp with the children...I move very close to the fire...but after 30 minutes, become so hot my clothes feel like they may catch on fire. So I withdrawl and cool...and then become so cold I do become urged once again toward the flames...

As in this natural world...so in our natural lives.

The wise come in from the cold to become rekindled by Beloved....the others...despite their inability to withstand this friction will ultimately move back. Of this there is no doubt in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Go back to the welcome forum, introduce yourself as if it were your first day..and then start humbly again. ...

A special hug to you, Beloved Portion.
    Thank you. Or maybe just start again from this point. My fear is that the damage is done to my credibility by what I've said, how it was taken, and the things said in response to me, and that I said in response. Though that is not fair to those who aren't thinking that.

In face to face conversations this would never have happened. Being behind a keyboard is like being behind the wheel of your vehicle. Almost complete anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Its the 'between the lines' arrogance that's often offensive, but what to do. Unless there is a healthy dose of mirror looking, it seems like encountering a brick wall.
    Which is what prompted me to make the post. There was a time I would not have seen it.

I have no hard feelings against you, but you should think about which religion you really care about. Saying things like Hindus have nothing to complain about when it comes to Christianity is not going to win you a popularity contest. People here are very aware of the political and historical aspects of religion. We are not the type of Hindus who will close their ears, eyes and mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    I have no hard feelings against you, but you should think about which religion you really care about.
    Thank you. Christianity is not my religion, and has not been for a very long time. I hate what Christianity is/has become, and probably always was, I'll admit. I said several times that from early on, even in high school (look at my age and do the math ), I had an affinity for India and Hinduism. I left the Roman Catholic Church, which I was brought up in, because of the things it says and does. I left the Eastern Orthodox Church because of the things it says and does. I have no love for Christianity.

Saying things like Hindus have nothing to complain about when it comes to Christianity
    That's not what I ever meant. If if came off that way, again I apologize. I know that Christians have massacred millions, including too many Hindus. One is one too many. I know about the Amritsar or Jallianwala Bagh massacre in 1919 (I don't know which name is more correct). I know it was the British. It was an atrocity. I know the prejudice faced by Indians in South Africa, and what set Gandhi on his path.

I'm not ignorant of all this. And I know the prejudice and stereotypes Indians and Hindus face in the US... the "land of the free". It's deplorable. My boss was making fun of the pronunciation of an Indian co-worker's name. I told him that was not funny, and it was disrespectful. Man, did he turn red and shut right up.

Every nation, culture, people, religion has been under attack and massacred by so-called Christians. Even Christians of other denominations. Maybe I insensitively lumped Hindus, and Indians of other faiths, in with all the other peoples who were massacred or forced into conversion. And for that insensitivity I apologize.

Someone here said (maybe you? I don't know, nor does it matter who said it) that what Christians are trying to do in the US is irrelevant. No, it really is relevant imo, because they are trying to convert their own country to their beliefs and make it a fundamentalist theocracy. It shows what they are. Have you heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? They're a thorn in the side of every American. But our laws protect them.

So no, I have no affinity for or allegiance to Christianity. Sanatana Dharma is where I am finding peace, for reasons I won't go into. They are the same reasons I abandoned Christianity. I hope that clears things up.

Can we keep certain rules which would help us serve better and growup better ?

1. Not to mix religions with Knowledge. The religions are mostly ritualistic and their purposes are different. These mix with the necessities of the societies, time and space. So there will be lots of difference. Some adapt with time some are not designed for that. However the basic purpose is to create bhakti.

As this space is mixed with Society, Time and Space, politics, traditions, rituals and other stuff get into. There are no fixed interpretations and there are plenty of sects and beliefs. In almost all known religions, they have been used for political purposes also.

If we start debating in this space, it is obvious that we cannot come to common point.

My suggestion would be to keep the opinions open to know and appreciate each other.

2. Even if we have to discuss this area, it would be highly ethical not to mix with higher knowledge, much of which will be missing in other religions. That is why we find learned people and more inquisitive people becoming interested in Hinduism.
    Mixing these two denigrates the higher level knowledge also.

3. Most of the members are here because they want to learn and share. Not that they want to prove a point. Hinduism clearly mentions that the knowledge is for self development. It discourages any unsolicited imposing of beliefs. Neither it encourages denigrating others (one who does, has not matured enough)

4. It is our choice to participate in a topic or not. I have no right to demean and insult others. I can ignore, I can report, I can set rules, I can move to higher knowledge and prove my point. But I cannot insult, demean. It lowers my soul.

Thanks for your stay Frank (Minotaur). Hope you come back soon and enrich us with your knowledge and experience.

Love and best wishes
    Last edited by kallol; 24 June 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Namaste kallol, and thank you.

Clearly politics and history are not my forte as I thought, so I will limit myself to the pursuit of learning and truth.

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Thanks for your stay Frank (Minotaur). Hope you come back soon and enrich us with your knowledge and experience.

Love and best wishes

Thank you. Christianity is not my religion, and has not been for a very long time. I hate what Christianity is/has become, and probably always was, I'll admit. I said several times that from early on, even in high school (look at my age and do the math ), I had an affinity for India and Hinduism. I left the Roman Catholic Church, which I was brought up in, because of the things it says and does. I left the Eastern Orthodox Church because of the things it says and does. I have no love for Christianity.
    I am glad you have said this. The discussion basically started around what Christianity was and what it has become. We have a PhD student of history on the forum (BryonMorrigon), he is very knowledgeable about this subject. You can search through his post record to find more information on the matter.

That's not what I ever meant. If if came off that way, again I apologize. I know that Christians have massacred millions, including too many Hindus. One is one too many. I know about the Amritsar or Jallianwala Bagh massacre in 1919 (I don't know which name is more correct). I know it was the British. It was an atrocity. I know the prejudice faced by Indians in South Africa, and what set Gandhi on his path.

I'm not ignorant of all this. And I know the prejudice and stereotypes Indians and Hindus face in the US... the "land of the free". It's deplorable. My boss was making fun of the pronunciation of an Indian co-worker's name. I told him that was not funny, and it was disrespectful. Man, did he turn red and shut right up.
    I think we should all stand together against the atrocies of Christianity and not turn it into a contest of who has suffered more. There is a problem with a general lack of awareness of Indian history. What happened in India from 712 AD and onwards is one of the biggest atrocies in history ranging from invasions to genocide, from terrorism to government opression of Hindus.

Someone here said (maybe you? I don't know, nor does it matter who said it) that what Christians are trying to do in the US is irrelevant. No, it really is relevant imo, because they are trying to convert their own country to their beliefs and make it a fundamentalist theocracy. It shows what they are. Have you heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? They're a thorn in the side of every American. But our laws protect them.
    I could have never said that it was irrelevant. I have seen the documentairy Jesus camp and I deeply regret the situation in America. I have told you that other things were irrelevant in the discussion, like the non religious motivated murders and accusing people of having weak faith.

Last edited by Sahasranama; 24 June 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Thread Information