Thread: Mera Bharat Mahan!

Mera Bharat Mahan!

Shajeena is in love, with Sanskrit
    12/14/2006 7:09:46 AM HK Correspondent
    http://p081.ezboard.com/Shajeena-is-...ID=36225.topic

Shajeena, a suave and shy Muslim girl of Nayayikulam, a suburb of the capital city of Trivandrum recently created history by securing 79 percent marks in the M.A Sanskrit of the Kerala University.

With the duppatta drawn over her head, and with sparkling eyes she says that she is really in love with Sanskrit, the wonderful language of Bharath. The 24 year old would surprise you in more ways than one. She can explain you the concept of Brahma or debate with you on Kautilya's Arthasastra. An ardent admirer of Sanskrit literature, she can recite Kalidasa Shakuntalam or any other epic poems with ease.

This young girl achieved the honour despite difficulties. Coming from a poor orthodox Muslim family, at every step she had to face conservative members of her own religion. But her father, Shahul Hameed, a casual laborer, and her mother, Suhara Beevi, a housewife, stood behind her and encouraged her.

"I was always aware of the circumstances at home. So my elder sister and myself never troubled our father for money. We took tuitions at home and earned money for our studies," she says.

Shajeena fell in love with Sanskrit about three years ago when she took it up as second language for her graduation. She did not have to think twice on her subject for post-graduation. What remained was to convince her family. "Luckily, my father was not very conservative and gave me full freedom to select Sanskrit for PG," says Shajeena. And she joined for MA Sanskrit at the Department of Sanskrit at the University College, Trivandrum.

But why Sanskrit? "It is supposed to be the language used by Gods. Sanskrit is a complete language, there is nothing to be added or removed from it. Besides, it offers job opportunities," she says Sahityam, Vyakaranam, Vedantham, Nyayam and Jyothisham are the five branches that General Sanskrit deals with. "Sahityam was my favorite. It's the purest of literature and you will come across our culture and tradition while learning it," says Shajeena.

However, when this correspondent met her, Shajeena was jubilant for different reasons. The Coimbatore Arya Vaidya Pharmacy had awarded her a cash prize of Rs 5,001, which was handed over by Padmashree K.J.Yesudas, eminent musician and playback singer at a glittering function. The same week, Prema Panduranga one of the eminent exponents of Bhagavatha and herself a Sanskrit scholar felicitated her at function held at Kochi.

Narrating those moments she became emotional. Giving the Award, Shri. Yesudas said that being a Christian; he had initially faced difficulties to learn classical music. "If I face similar situations, I should never give up, he said. It was so encouraging," she recalls.

She is aware of the sad plight of Muslim women and believes that only proper education would help them to empower themselves to solve their problems. " There is need for reform in Muslim society. There is need to modernize our religion. Lack of knowledge is the root cause of all our problems," she adds.

Vehemently opposing youths turning to terrorism, Shajeena says that learning Sanskrit had helped her to widen her horizon. " Sanskrit should be made a compulsory subject right from the school level so that we can make the individuals cultured and refined and thereby make our society free of evils", she argues.

While living as a Muslim, Sajeena had no qualms what so ever with our glorious culture. " The study of Sanskrit purified my thoughts. I became more and more humble. I could see every one as divine beings irrespective of caste, creed or colour. I now realize that all religions take one to God through different ways," she emphasizes.

Shajeena is fascinated by the vision opened to her by the study of Sanskrit. She is captivated by the Science, Art, literature, Medicine, Astronomy and Astrology contained in various Sanskrit texts. Her dream is to do research in Sanskrit literature to bring out its uniqueness, distinctiveness and glorious past. This poor Muslim girl seeks help from well wishers and lovers of Sanskrit to pursue her ideals.

Re: Mera Bharat Mahan!

Reviving Sanskrit In Mangalore

Mangalore Jan 7: A long time ago, Sanskrit language was being used solely by Pandits and Swamijis, as there was a general tendency to think it was a very tough language. For this reason, one could hardly find anyone other than the scholars interested in this language.

But surprisingly, today in Mangalore, there is one unique family where all the members are using Sanskrit as their mother tongue and they all interact with each other in this language only. Seems highly improbable but nevertheless, it is true.

When we questioned Dr. Vishawas and Dr. Shantala, if their labour to save Sanskrit was bearing any fruit, she told us that because their family speaks this language, they are highly respected by the surrounding residents in the neighborhood and as a result whoever comes in contact with them are also trying to speak Sanskrit .

However, they feel that most of the people still think of Sanskrit as being a tough language, when in actual fact it is not a tough language at all. It just seems tough because this language has been neglected and is very unfamiliar to the people. This is why there is a dire need to save this language by speaking it in every house.
    For the complete news check:
    http://www.mangalorean.com/news.php?...7214d71a0f100#

Here is a story of a couple who found the right dharma for iha loka mokSha (dharmic enjoyment of this world). The pictures of the wedding scenary are enchanting!

Dharmasthala Binds Two Foreign Hearts Together in Marriage
    Daijiworld Media Network – Beltangady (MM/RD)
    Pics: Dayanand Kukkaje

(Thanks to Sri Krishna Sastri for giving the link in Kanchi Forum at http://www.kanchiforum.org/forum/vie...r=asc&start=50)

Beltangady; Mar 31: They fell in love with each other at first sight. Later, both of them fell in love with the Indian culture. Accordingly, they decided to marry as per Indian tradition at a temple.

The love story of Australian national Lance John Brandish and German national Karin Gunthor began in the United Kingdom when the latter was studying there. But she had to come to India to pursue her higher studies at Alva’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Moodbidri. Her boyfriend Lance also joined her since he could not stay without her.

Both of them had an opportunity to attend the traditional wedding of Dr Prasanna Aithal, lecturer of Karin Gunthor at Alva's. They were immensely impressed by this wedding. Following this, they studied Indian culture and began appreciating the Indian tradition. Moreover, they realized the richness of Indian family system which keeps the couple united till the end. Finally, they decided to accept Hinduism.

Accordingly, their wedding was held at Shree Kshetra Dharmasthala on Monday March 31. They were converted to Hinduism through ‘Goprasava Shanthi’ rituals here while their wedding was held in Brahmin style. Both the bride and the bridegroom sparkled in the typical Indian dresses during their wedding ceremony. Their relatives were also attired in Indian clothes like saree and dhoti.

Dr D Veerendra Heggade, Dharmadikari of Shree Kshetra Dharmasthala attended their wedding and blessed the couple. Speaking on the occasion, he said that it is indeed an honour that westerners are attracted towards Indian tradition and culture. They have decided to live according to Indian tradition which binds them together for the rest of their lives, he informed.

Both Lance and Gunthor, while expressing their happiness to the media persons, said that they were committed to each other to live as per Hindu tradition and culture till their last breaths.

Astonishing News Bits from the Great Land of Bharat

Who says the ancient glory of the country is gone? Much of it is still found, if only we know where to look. Here are some glorious news items:

Source: http://www.indiadivine.org/

The Fire Yogi of Tanjore
    http://www.indiadivine.org/articles/...ore/Page1.html

The yogi creates a sacred fire and actually lies in the fire, but remains unharmed by the flames. This documentary portrays the rare and unusual Fire Ritual performed by the Yogi and the subsequent chemical analysis of his clothing & physical tests that examine this supernatural phenomenon. Many aspects of the Yogi are on the edge of unbelievability,...

Rare Footage of 250 Year Old Devraha Baba in Vrindavan
    http://www.indiadivine.org/articles/...van/Page1.html

Devraha Baba was a siddha who lived for over 250 years, before entering samadhi in 1989. So elderly was he that the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than fifty years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child - that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century - and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time...

The Mystical Pothi Oracle of Achyutananda Das
    http://www.indiadivine.org/articles/...Das/Page1.html

The sacred oracle (tamra pothi) of Achyutananda Das is a series of blank copper pages. Once a questioner has asked his questions, the answers mystically appear engraved on the blank pages. This is one of the few verifiable mystical occurences in the world that can be seen by anyone, even today. The following is an interview recorded Wednesday July 29, 1992 between Manamohan Mahapatra (MM) and Pandit Amareswar Mishra (AM), the reader of the oracle, explaining how he came to possess it.

Kodi Swamigal - The 300 Year Old Saint of Puravipalayam
    http://www.indiadivine.org/articles/...yam/Page1.html

He was spoken of as belonging to the saints of the highest order by spiritually acclaimed people and other saints who came to seek His darshan.

Ancient Indian Pioneers of Today's Computing Methods

Did you know that binary numbers, their relation and conversion to and fro decimal numbers, finding a large power of x using far less multiplications that could incredibly speed up computing, and so on were discovered by Pingala, the ancient Indian mathematician?

For example, consider an example of computing x^25.

1.The binary value of 25 is:11001.
    2.Removing the 1st binary digit we get 1001.
    3.Now we get by replacing the following: sx s s sx
    4.Hence we end up with:
    square, multiply by x, square, square, square, multiply by x.
    5.Hence when we start with x we get x^2,x^3,x^6,x^12,x^24,x^25.
    6. This method took just 6 multiplications and not 24 multiplications thus saving a lot of time!

This method is given in Pingala's Chandasastra.

Check this website for such astonishing revelations:
    http://mystiqueindia.info/home.html

Spread the news! Let the young Indians do extensive research of our ancient texts, rediscover their values and rewrite the history of science!

Mera Bharat Mahan, Satya Meva Jayate, Jai Hind!

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Ancient Indian Pioneers of Today's Computing Methods

"...In the words of the Australian Indologist A.L. Basham (A.L. Basham; The Wonder That was India.) "... the world owes most to India in the realm of mathematics, which was developed in the Gupta period to a stage more advanced than that reached by any other nation of antiquity. The success of Indian mathematics was mainly due to the fact that Indians had a clear conception of the abstract number as distinct from the numerical quantity of objects or spatial extension..."

"...The Arab scholar Mohammed Ibn Jubair al Battani studied Indian use of ratios from Retha Ganita and introduced them among the Arab scholars like Al Khwarazmi, Washiya and Abe Mashar who incorporated the newly acquired knowledge of algebra and other branches of Indian mathematics into the Arab ideas about the subject. The chief exponent of this Indo-Arab amalgam in mathematics was Al Khwarazmi who evolved a technique of calculation from Indian sources. This technique which was named by westerners after Al Khwarazmi as "Algorismi" gave us the modern term Algorithm, which is used in computer software.

Algorithm which is a process of calculation based on decimal notation numbers. This method was deduced by Khwarazmi from the Indian techniques geometric computation which he had stied. Al Khwarazmi's work was translated into Latin under the title "De Numero Indico" which means 'of Indian Numerals' thus betraying its Indian origin. This translation which belong to the 12th century A.D credited to one Adelard who lived in a town called Bath in Britian.

Thus Al Khwarazmi and Adelard could be looked upon as pioneers who transmit Indian numerals to the west. Incidents according to the Oxford Dictionary, word algorithm which we use in the English language is a corruption of the name Khwarazmi which literally means '(a person) from Khawarizm', which was the name of the town where Al Khwarazmi lived. Today unfortunately', the original Indian texts that Al Khwarazmi studied to us, only the translations are available.

The Arabs borrowed so much from India the field of mathematics that even the subject of mathematics in Arabic came to known as Hindsa which means 'from India and a mathematician or engineer in Arabic is called Muhandis which means 'an expert in Mathematics'. The word Muhandis possibly derived from the Arabic term mathematics viz. Hindsa..."

http://hindutva.org/sudheer_birodkar...ion/maths.html

One of the main achievements of Indian mathematics was the development of the series expansions for trigonometric functions (sine, cosine, and arc tangent) by mathematicians of the Kerala School in the fifteenth century CE.[67] Their work, completed two centuries before the invention of calculus in Europe, provided what is now considered the first example of a power series (apart from geometric series).[67]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science..._ancient_India

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Shajeena is in love, with Sanskrit
    12/14/2006 7:09:46 AM HK Correspondent
    http://p081.ezboard.com/Shajeena-is-...ID=36225.topic

Shajeena, a suave and shy Muslim girl of Nayayikulam, a suburb of the capital city of Trivandrum recently created history by securing 79 percent marks in the M.A Sanskrit of the Kerala University.

With the duppatta drawn over her head, and with sparkling eyes she says that she is really in love with Sanskrit, the wonderful language of Bharath. The 24 year old would surprise you in more ways than one. She can explain you the concept of Brahma or debate with you on Kautilya's Arthasastra. An ardent admirer of Sanskrit literature, she can recite Kalidasa Shakuntalam or any other epic poems with ease.

This young girl achieved the honour despite difficulties. Coming from a poor orthodox Muslim family, at every step she had to face conservative members of her own religion. But her father, Shahul Hameed, a casual laborer, and her mother, Suhara Beevi, a housewife, stood behind her and encouraged her.

"I was always aware of the circumstances at home. So my elder sister and myself never troubled our father for money. We took tuitions at home and earned money for our studies," she says.

Shajeena fell in love with Sanskrit about three years ago when she took it up as second language for her graduation. She did not have to think twice on her subject for post-graduation. What remained was to convince her family. "Luckily, my father was not very conservative and gave me full freedom to select Sanskrit for PG," says Shajeena. And she joined for MA Sanskrit at the Department of Sanskrit at the University College, Trivandrum.

But why Sanskrit? "It is supposed to be the language used by Gods. Sanskrit is a complete language, there is nothing to be added or removed from it. Besides, it offers job opportunities," she says Sahityam, Vyakaranam, Vedantham, Nyayam and Jyothisham are the five branches that General Sanskrit deals with. "Sahityam was my favorite. It's the purest of literature and you will come across our culture and tradition while learning it," says Shajeena.

However, when this correspondent met her, Shajeena was jubilant for different reasons. The Coimbatore Arya Vaidya Pharmacy had awarded her a cash prize of Rs 5,001, which was handed over by Padmashree K.J.Yesudas, eminent musician and playback singer at a glittering function. The same week, Prema Panduranga one of the eminent exponents of Bhagavatha and herself a Sanskrit scholar felicitated her at function held at Kochi.

Narrating those moments she became emotional. Giving the Award, Shri. Yesudas said that being a Christian; he had initially faced difficulties to learn classical music. "If I face similar situations, I should never give up, he said. It was so encouraging," she recalls.

She is aware of the sad plight of Muslim women and believes that only proper education would help them to empower themselves to solve their problems. " There is need for reform in Muslim society. There is need to modernize our religion. Lack of knowledge is the root cause of all our problems," she adds.

Vehemently opposing youths turning to terrorism, Shajeena says that learning Sanskrit had helped her to widen her horizon. " Sanskrit should be made a compulsory subject right from the school level so that we can make the individuals cultured and refined and thereby make our society free of evils", she argues.

While living as a Muslim, Sajeena had no qualms what so ever with our glorious culture. " The study of Sanskrit purified my thoughts. I became more and more humble. I could see every one as divine beings irrespective of caste, creed or colour. I now realize that all religions take one to God through different ways," she emphasizes.

Shajeena is fascinated by the vision opened to her by the study of Sanskrit. She is captivated by the Science, Art, literature, Medicine, Astronomy and Astrology contained in various Sanskrit texts. Her dream is to do research in Sanskrit literature to bring out its uniqueness, distinctiveness and glorious past. This poor Muslim girl seeks help from well wishers and lovers of Sanskrit to pursue her ideals.

Thats very interesting because right now I'm talking to this Indian girl who has a tatto of sanskrit words on her shoulder. I wonder what this girl thinks of Arabic?
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

This piece of news that came to me in a mail gives hopes for a revival:

Aurobindo's prophecy: Bharat to usher in a mini Satya Yuga

According to the prophecy of Sri Aurobindo too, the year (2011-12) would mark the end of transition period and the dawn of the era of Truth. He prophesied that the transition period of 175 years between kaliyug and satyug had started with the Avatar of Sri Ram Krishna Paramhans in the year 1836 and that there would be world-shaking changes during these 175 years, and many great persons would take birth. He further envisioned that at times, it would appear as if life on earth was going to end; but by the dawn of year 2011 it would become clear that the twenty-first century belonged to India and that India would be in the vanguard of humanity for ushering in of satyug spanning a period of 1000 years. Independence of India, its advancement in the field of science and technology and its cultural and spiritual renaissance are proofs of the authenticity of Sri Aurobindo’s prophecy. Now comes the last nine-year period of climax.

(http://www.akhandjyoti.org/?Akhand-J...ijansExpected/)

Thread Information