Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If we all had pictures of ourselves

If we all had pictures of ourselves

If we all had pictures of ourselves in our profile or avatar, do you think it would change how we interact? If so in what way?

Re: If we all had pictures of ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Onkara View Post
    If we all had pictures of ourselves in our profile or avatar, do you think it would change how we interact? If so in what way?
    Vannakkam Onkara: Well, for sure no one would want to talk to me. I'm far too old and miserable looking. Hopefully the soul body has little resemblance to this wretched bag of nine holes.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Onkara: Well, for sure no one would want to talk to me. I'm far too old and miserable looking. Hopefully the soul body has little resemblance to this wretched bag of nine holes.

Aum Namasivaya
    hahaha, don't worry, I have learnt to cover my horns with a hat (or socks if in a hurry).

I find myself too judgemental of looks. I hate that in me. Hating isn't enough to make it go away. I happen to have a quirky photo of me in the profile anyway.

I remember Yajvan commenting about this matter in an older post. About how sometimes internet intereaction is best, we leave aside material judgement that could get in the way of dealing with what the person is presenting.

From past experience on another site, totally unrelated to Hinduism though, it didn't matter one way or another.

I don't photograph well, so I am reluctant. I know we shouldn't be concerned with the physical body, but we are human, after all, with human failings.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Good for you, Pietro, takes some guts I reckon.

I wonder if we would be more forgiving of our short falls or perhpas more ruthless with each other?

Today, I am very busy...this weekend is going to be much fun for the 8lil ones here...and so I was in such a hurry that I was speeding along and saw a lil sign inside the game my children play that read something like "love make you vulnerable" and it stop me dead in my tracks and everything gets put aside to comment to this child in the game with the sign.

I say true Love is having one who never make you feel you are vulnerable..that you give your heart without fear. Now this is seriously paraphrasing...as honestly, it came from my heart and I never remember the exact words when i do that. But, it must have been really nice because the young man...several hours later contact me and ask me if I wrote what I said...I do reply yes and we begin to have a conversation about life.

Then he tell me his name, and I give mine...which the one I use is Mahalaya in my internet travels. He know this word and tells me he is Hindu! I was very happy...overjoyed to hear he come from Nepal...and I tell him of how much I do read of this blessed place and even the history I know, not just temples. But, after much time he asked me...where you from? I say Ky...then he say...are you white?

and of course I say the skin is white...and he say...white can not be hindu..there is no conversion. Then I say, yes, I can not be Hindu, but I am Saivite, and Beloved have my credentials...and he say better not say I am Shaivite worship other Forms of Beloved because Saivism is too complex for me.

and then I do know that this curse of my location is this...no matter even if the picture is not there...who you are is going to be there in your admission of location and other details of your life. You can not hide this under the 3D graphics and Elf girl in Yukata dress...

I prayed, and a lil also cried about this...and then Beloved pull me up by my Converse tennis shoes laces and make me concede.

I say..Beloved...You know my heart as it is in Your Beloved Hands...and I can not remove this curse of my skin...or who I was or have become. But, it matter not. It Matters Not.

For my location is at Your Beloved Feet...and my skin is all but worn away upon this floor...and I leave this petty life in Your Hands too Beloved...I give up my longing for control which I could never have...It is all Yours, always has been.

My image has always been on my profile here since I began to post.

It's the vessel I was given this lifetime...it matters so little at this point I simply do not care what anyone would think of it.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 01 July 2011 at 02:58 PM.

Namast, all,

I don't know what you guys are talking about; I look just like my avatar.
    :shifty eyes:
    :looks around:
    Okay, no I don't. :P

I like being able to match faces to names, so that when I peruse posts, I can picture a person talking instead of just reading text. (And I threw a picture up on my profile so that I'm not just blustering.)

Onkara, in answer to your original question, I think there is a danger of folks becoming more judgmental when looks are attached to words. But there's the flip side: that when we see imperfect faces linked to extraordinary words, more and more we come to realise that appearances aren't everything.

Admittedly, I'd probably like your posts even more if you genuinely had horns, because that would just be cool. :P

But I have a feeling that many people here would be less judged than they think. The love of God gives radiance to even the plainest face - has anyone else found this? That those who are spiritually oriented have a certain glow about them, a lustre and alertness in the eyes that speaks of actually being awake? It's such a joy to speak with, or even look upon, people like this.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Indraneela, you look just exactly like your avatar!

Vannakkam: I'm on this page, with my daughter and wife, standing beside the happy looking monk. https://www.himalayanacademy.com/tak...ember_28_2007/

A few of you have seen it already. I wouldn't know how to attach a picture to my profile. We just got rid of the rotary phone last year, and Duke my horse didn't fetch much in exchange for that thing called a Toyota I have.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information