Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valued at 900 billion in rupees

Valued at 900 billion in rupees

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namastщ

The mahābhārata tells us of kings giving away mass wealth... Here is an example:

Jewels piled in sacks and tons of gold at Thiruvananthapuram temple worth more than India education budget

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/04/kerala-temple-vault-treasure

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 04 July 2011 at 07:48 PM.
    рдпрддрд╕реНрддреНрд╡рдВ рд╢рд┐рд╡рд╕рдореЛрд╜рд╕рд┐
    yatastvaс╣Б ┼Ыivasamo'si
    because you are identical with ┼Ыiva

_

Re: 900 billion in rupees found

Wow... I find that, amazing, genuinely.

Re: Valued at 900 billion in rupees

Dear Yajvan, kismet and all.

The media has been awash with reports that the riches of the articles amount to thousands of crores of rupees. however the the Supreme Court Panel is only counting and weighing the treasure. Their value, including antique value, is not being assessed and there are more underground lockers to be opened.

Some of the objects found -the idol of Mahvishnu made of gold and stdded iwth Navartnas, for instance- are deemed to be invaluable by a representative of the Archeological dept who is a panel member.

A golden idol of Mahavishnu and a golden ‘anki' weighing close to 30 kilograms were among the articles unearthed from one of the six vaults at the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple here on Saturday.
    The inventorying of the vaults is being done by a seven-member panel appointed by the Supreme Court.
    The golden idol of Mahavishnu is believed to be a replica of the ‘utsava vigraham' in the Temple and has a height of about one foot (12 angulams).
    Another idol fashioned out of pure gold was also found. Coconut shells of gold Two coconut shells fashioned out of pure gold were found too. One was studded with precious stones including rubies and emeralds.
    The golden ‘anki' used to adorn the presiding deity was found in 16 parts. An ornament used to adorn the chest of the deity and studded with emeralds was also found on Saturday.
    Coins found Numerous coins issued by the government of Krishnadeva Rayar (early 16th century AD), and a coin of 1914 origin were also reportedly found. There was a piece of paper in bad condition on which was written the ‘Kollavarsham date' 29/9/1109. Other golden ornaments believed to have been used to adorn the main deity were also found. The hindu

Sri. Padmanabhaswamy temple,
    The temple is one of the 108 divya desam, the holiest abodes of Lord Vishnu

Vannakkam: Probably only the tip of the iceberg. I do hope the government knows that it belongs to the temples, not to them, but it is most likely a false hope I have. The looting has begun.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Probably only the tip of the iceberg. I do hope the government knows that it belongs to the temples, not to them, but it is most likely a false hope I have. The looting has begun.

Aum Namasivaya
    Vannakkam: Then again I may be wrong.. http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/as...temple.wealth/

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

For me all of these events have been rather disturbing.

Personally I think theopening of the vaults is rather poor shakunaM. I suspect that, at least someof those who live in the Agraharam surrounding the temple, would concur. In anycase the Devaprasnam, that will undoubtedly be undertaken soon, will reveal thenecessary Prayaschitta karma.
    The much larger concern would be if the authoritiesdecide to move any of the finds - for this, I believe, will invite Pralayam. Infact I have always believed that asuddha pravarta (at a state level) invites such disaster. Konkan was , afterall according to tradition, recovered from the sea by Bhagavan Parasurama.

No.... It's not save in Asur regime of Congress-COMMUNIST, corrupt Bureaucratic rule

рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдХрд░рдзреМрддрдкрджрд╛рдВ рд╣рд┐рдорд╛рд▓рдпрдХрд┐рд░реАрдЯрд┐рдиреАрдореН ред
    рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдорд░рд╛рдЬрд░реНрд╖рд┐рд░рд░рддреНрдирд╛рдвреНрдпрд╛рдВ рд╡рдиреНрджреЗ рднрд╛рд░рддрдорд╛рддрд░рдореН рее

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Vannakkam: We were discussing this the other day at festival, and the matter came up of how other temples have as much or more treasure dating from antiquity. Some of the Chola kings put a lot away. One of the Brahmins (not a priest any more but an engineer) I've known for a very long time originally from Thanjavur district said "________ (not Tanjore) has more gold stored than all the Kerala temples combined."

If you can build a temple like Tanjore (not possible today, it would cost way too much) I'm sure you can stash a few hundred kilos of the shiny stuff away.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste all,

Aseem Shukla of the HAF wrote a great piece on this whole situation: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...fu8H_blog.html

"S.P. Sabharathnam, one of the foremost scholars of the Agamas based in India, explained to me that the Mulakosa Bhakta Vivarana (Allocation of the Divine Treasure) chapter specifically enjoins that the treasures should be held, but the interest accrued can be used for worldly needs ranging from preservation of that temple and other temples in need to feeding of devotees and the poor and creating schools for preservation of Vedic and general studies. Follow the words of the ancients, and such a move could revitalize the temple and address the urgent needs of many lesser known Hindu institutions decaying in the face of weak governing boards and government neglect."

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information