Thread: Feeling in hands after Japa.

Feeling in hands after Japa.

I was doing japa to the Maha Mantra while observing a picture of Radha and Krishna--and a version of the mantra was also playing on my laptop very lightly.

My felt the mantra start to take its own form, it got faster and louder and after wards and still as I am typing this--the hand that was holding the mala just feels..energized for lack of a better word. Very tingly but not that it's "asleep" but almost buzzing.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

Re: Feeling in hands after Japa.

Not exactly that, but I have found an overwhelming amount of energy through japa and meditation. In fact it has caused me to have to stop before. I would think that it is localised energy, you could try changing hands should you wish to continue focused.

Thank you Onkara!

It was very surprising that I felt such energy and joy! I am still becoming familiar with japa and with mantras and which ones work with me.

Thanks you so much for your reply.
    I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
    I am light in the moon and sun.
    The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
    Sound in ether, manliness in men.
    [vii.8-10]

Namaste WTyler,

I am like Onkara. I've never really felt anything just in my hands, but I have felt the shakti sort of throughout my entire body. That is a good suggestion to try switching hands when this happens to you in just one hand.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Hari Om!

The tingling feeling that you describe can be glorious if it is truly a result of the japa and the bhakti that accompanies it. I feel that I too have experienced this on a couple of occasions.

A word of caution however is to watch the placement of your wrist so that you are not placing undue stress on the nerves which can produce the same result. After long intense japa sessions, I've experienced the same "high", only slightly different some time later because it turned to pain.

Above all, perhaps you are/were feeling the vibration of the mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by WTyler View Post
    I was doing japa to the Maha Mantra while observing a picture of Radha and Krishna--and a version of the mantra was also playing on my laptop very lightly.

My felt the mantra start to take its own form, it got faster and louder and after wards and still as I am typing this--the hand that was holding the mala just feels..energized for lack of a better word. Very tingly but not that it's "asleep" but almost buzzing.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onkara View Post
    Not exactly that, but I have found an overwhelming amount of energy through japa and meditation. In fact it has caused me to have to stop before. I would think that it is localised energy, you could try changing hands should you wish to continue focused.

Dear Tyler,

If we feel uncomfortable with this feel on any of the hands, try to ease it by holding the palm close to the chest (actually on the Anahatha). This kind of feeling usually happens with our right hand first.

It not only makes you feel relaxed, but also empowers you to visualize a divine glow, at the centre of your heart. The glow can be on the form of your deities or the omkara etc..

This graceful activity on an advanced stage lets you radiate and spread the glow and fill the body with blessings all over.

Then you may continue with the japa again, or lie down in savasana for some time and quit the session.

But, if we are comfortable with the feel on our hands, why not we continue with what(japa) we are doing and channelize ‘the feel’ to any desired chakras(I would like to channelize it to my heart chakra.)

Good luck and love

Quote Originally Posted by WTyler View Post

If I'm not mistaken I think you're supposed to be very careful not to touch mala with your index finger as that is where most of this "energy" so to speak is radiating from. So from that perspective feeling a lot within your hands isn't surprising. You probably knew that already, but just making sure.

I've recently learned you need a "closed circuit" - hence the "o" practicioners make with their thumb and finger in poses like the chin mudra. Then again I prefer to walk around while I do japa; that's just me.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Namaste Kismet,

Where did you learn that bit of information about energy being stored in the index finger? I'm not challenging your post at all, just curious. I read that on a symbolic level, the index finger is said to represent the individual ego, hence why one ought not to make contact with the mala to it.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Namaste, sunyata,

I learned this in this one video around two minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MnU...el_video_title
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Thread Information